5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album!!, 3 Jun 2011
This review is from: Witching Hour (Audio CD)
This was my first introduction to Ladytron and they still remain my favourite female fronted rock band. This is a bit more varied in sound than the heavier guitar backed background of the also brilliant Velocifero...some great 'pop' tunes like Destroy Everything You Touch and Sugar sit in among a few more great quality downtempo numbers. Highlights are quite hard to pick out as this just works as an album....no need to have the remote to hand to skip tracks on this one. This album has got me through me many a boring drive from Sussex up to Hull. If you have only just come to Ladytron get this and Velocifero; both quite brilliant but both distinctive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bewitched, 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: Witching Hour (Audio CD)
I bought this on the back of Ladytron's excellent Best of collection. So I knew the pick out tracks (Destroy Everything You Touch, International Dateline etc) were great but I didn't know what to expect from the rest. Would they be a band who had a few great songs per album our were they a band who made great albums? If anyone else is in the same position as me I am happy to report that it is the latter as there's no filler on here and there are a good few songs (esp Sugar) that should've made the 'Best of' too!

How Ladytron aren't much bigger is a real mystery - great production, good vocals, interesting arrangements and above all fabulous songs. Now, I think I'll go for Velocifero....

ARRAY(0xaaff9d5c)

Witching Hour
Witching Hour by Ladytron (Audio CD - 2011)