5.0 out of 5 stars a daily must
Psyllium Husks are not a product many people know about in Britain and instead people rely on laxative products when dealing with constipation and digestive problems.
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed with this at all. I have gone ...
Not impressed with this at all. I have gone back to my usual brand of Lepicol. Found it harder to mix and found one spoonful (which is my usual amount was not enough
Published 27 days ago by Jean Rawlinson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a daily must, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Buy Whole Foods Psyllium Husks 500 g (Grocery)
Psyllium husks is a dietry fibre that helps your digestive health. Taking it every day will improve your well being and solve both constipation and diarrhea . I have read that it reduces risk of bowel cancer significantly.
The main problem with this product is how to take it. It is a lose powder/grain that you can blend in drinks or food. You need roughly two dessert spoonfuls a day. Personally I blend it with a bit of water in a shaker and down it as quickly as possible. Then i rinse the cup and drink a glass of water. It is admittedly a bit like drinking wet saw dust and the longer it is in the water them more gel like it becomes. Its this swelling gel like consistency that is so good for you - it basically cleans out your intestines. Good news is that the product has no taste. Some people take it on toast or on their cereal but in my experience it is about getting it over with quickly. I quickly got used to taking it and the results are so good that I would not dream of stopping taking my daily dosis.

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Buy Whole Foods Psyllium Husks 500 g (Grocery)
Since having a hysterectomy 15 years ago, I have had problems with constipation. I started taking psyllium husk powder a couple of years ago and would not like to be without it now. I put two teaspoons in in a skaker with half premium orange juice and half water, give a good shake and drink it down. It thickens up quite quickly but has very little taste. It is good in a slimfast shake as well. You must drink another glass of water or juice afterwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Effective & Great Value, 5 July 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Psyllium Husks:

What is it?:
For anyone that hasn't heard of Psyllium Husks, it's a shrub like herb that is mainly found in India. Psyllium Husks is a soluble fibre (it contains no calories and your body cant digest it)
that has a significant amount of health benefits such as treating IBS, Colon Cancer, Constipation, Diabetes and a lot more. Most people take it when they either have constipation or if they want to improve their general health.

Ingredients:
100% Psyllium Husks

Should you take it?
Although I was very cautious about taking it internally at first (many internet sources say that it's very dangerous), I was prepared to take the risk because I had also read that a significant number of people had taken it internally and it was very safe. I am not telling you to take it, it's purely up to you (refer to disclaimer section).

What does it look like, Taste & How much to take?:
They look like thin rice particles but are much lighter, softer and are grey or white-grey in colour. When you add it to water and mix it, it forms into a gel within about 5 minutes so you have to drink it quickly.
The daily RDA for fibre intake is 25g per average person therefore I add 15g (Table spoon) with 5g (1 Teaspoon) of another product called 'Bentonite Clay' (refer to my review on it for more information) twice a day (40g fibre in total).
Taking both together is meant to make then both safer and increases the health benefits). It was like drinking a mixture of my face mask & sand. Strangely enough though after drinking it I felt that I had eaten something that my body really wanted and hadn't had before. I washed it down with a pint of water.

A few hours later I went to the toilet and I excreted more stool than I ever had before. My stomach / intestine area felt and looked thinner (my weight dropped by 3lbs). They also came to my rescue a few months ago when I came down with food poisoning. I was really ill to begin with and was cycling off it at the time. However after taking it the first day I was a lot better by the second day and I was fully recovered by the third, I am so grateful for this product (I also took 'Dr.Shulze's Superfood Plus') which I now also have in the house in case I or anyone else in my family get really ill with anything again (it's not as cheap as this product and it's a totally different food type but I'm a very big fan of it).

How do they work?:
Psyllium Husks & Bentonite clay both have strong cleansing properties because they are negatively charged and work by attracting positively charged toxins and foreign bodies. They remove them with them as they leaves your stool and do not enter the blood stream. I can now see why the combination of both are so popular as natural ingredients in a number of detox programmes.

How often to use them?:
I continue to use them both twice a day for 2 weeks, stop and start again for a further 2 weeks before repeating the same cycle over and over again and I feel and looked a lot better.
Since I had the severe food poising I now take 'Wheatbran & WheatGrain' (50g of each with 350ml Soya Milk = 439 cal, 33.75g protein, 33.3g carbs, 13.68g fat, 22.9g fibre) for breakfast for the 2 weeks when I am cycling off this product. I get the rest of my fibre intake from my 'Burgen Bread', fruit and vegetables.

Verdict: An extremely cheap and effective product when used in combination with Bentonite clay. Highly recommended.

Warning (Please read very carefully):
If you take this product around the time that you take medication or eat food it will 'trap' them and prevent them from being absorbed into your bloodstream (All medication and All food). I did try it once purely for the purposes of this review. Yes it's true because I could see all my food in my stool a few hours latter. I now take mine first thing in the morning after I wake up and do not eat anything for an hour. I have my last meal at 17.30 and take it again at 22:30.

Disclaimer; I would recommend you research alternative ideas as well as seeking medical advice (from doctors etc) before proceeding (especially if you have any health issues or if you take any medication). I am not recommending or implying that my comments are anything other than what I concluded from hours of online research and how I found it for me and my needs, everyone is different.
For me the combination of Psyllium Husks & Bentonite Clay proved to be very effective both internally & externally.

If you want me to clarify anything or have any questions about this review, please feel free to do so by contacting me directly through the link at the bottom of this page.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Buy Whole Foods Psyllium Husks 500 g (Grocery)
Great product. you can make amazing low carb pancakes with it. Great for loosing weight as it expands in your stomach and gives you a feeling of fullness.

5.0 out of 5 stars More fibre in the diet is good but more insoluble fibre can become a bit of ..., 20 July 2014
This review is from: Buy Whole Foods Psyllium Husks 500 g (Grocery)
Psyllium husks are full of soluble fibre. More fibre in the diet is good but more insoluble fibre can become a bit of a problem leading to intolerance. Thus the inclusion of soluble fibre makes more sense. This type of fibre has limited sources though - oats, apples, pears, pearl barley - and - psyllium husks. I use mine mixed in with my porridge or mixed in with yogurt, etc. Virtually flavourless, it could be used in stews instead of pearl barley.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fibre, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Buy Whole Foods Psyllium Husks 500 g (Grocery)
This product was within my price range for the amount delivered. I have had no problems with quality and due to being practically tasteless this item is an easy way to get extra fibre in your diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price; great product, 6 Dec 2012
Eg Voysey "Healthy Emma" (South of France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buy Whole Foods Psyllium Husks 500 g (Grocery)
I'll order these again. It keeps you regular, especially for those of us on low carb diets (I follow the Harcombe diet).........very good product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, 17 Feb 2012
Jimbob036 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Buy Whole Foods Psyllium Husks 500 g (Grocery)
I only ordered this yesterday & it arrived this morning, super-quick delivery time! Also good value.

My only reservation is that no information is supplied with the product- it would be nice to have some guidelines as to how to take it & how often. This info isn't available on the BuyWholeFoodsOnline.co.uk website either. But I'm sure I can find the info online somewhere...

By trial & error, I found that the best way to take this is to add a teaspoon or two to a glass of water, stir well, and drink it quickly before it has the chance to start to form a gel.

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot say much about Psyllium Husks., 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Buy Whole Foods Psyllium Husks 500 g (Grocery)
I take psyllium husks because I have a bowel problem and these husks alleviate this problem. It provides a high degree of fibre and is a very successful in the cases of lack of fibre.

5.0 out of 5 stars psyllium husk, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Buy Whole Foods Psyllium Husks 500 g (Grocery)
Item looks same as picture. Exactly what i needed. Mixed with water left to stand, becomes a jelly like consistency. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to injest it without activating my gag reflex . I currently mix it with water and drink immediately. Quick and painless

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Buy Whole Foods Psyllium Husks 500 g
Buy Whole Foods Psyllium Husks 500 g by Buy Whole Foods Online Ltd.
9.38