5.0 out of 5 stars One word treatment needed - WOW!
I'm always a bit nervous when a musician releases an album with a mixture of "mates" as vocalists as sometimes the album can lack cohesion. I was first inspired to check out this album watching Slash live at 2010's Download Festival with Miles Kennedy (and guest star Lemmy) singing most of the album. I was not disapointed. The album starts well with an amazing riff on...
Published on 7 Mar 2011 by Valleysboy

2.0 out of 5 stars Shameless cash-in, and STILL missing songs
This was going to be a bigger, better release. But as the time drew nearer it got trimmed back.

The original album is excellent, and well worth owning for any rock fan. However, this "deluxe" edition is a scam (putting aside the fact that a limited edition was released at the time and the "real" fans are now being stung for another limited edition). This was...
Published on 6 April 2011 by ravenheart

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Slash - Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
Great , album with only one weak track. It's well worth having the extra tracks as the acoustic tracks are great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a Guns N Roses Fan, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Slash - Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
Honestly, I'm not. I was impressed when I heard Slash playing a solo instrumental though, and bought this hoping for more of the same.

The axework is still pretty standout, but the album as whole is heading a bit too much for USian Stadium Rawk for my tastes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Aug 2011
Vixx H "vixx811" (Cannock, Staffs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Slash - Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
I love this album. I'm not a GAR fan but I really do believe that Slash is a genius. The different genres that this album contains are so varied there is something for everyone. Give it a go, I really believe you'll enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slash - Deluxe Edition, 17 Aug 2011
Sharon Helm "Shaz :)" (Watford, Herts) - See all my reviews
Hi all,

Like others have already mentioned, I was a bit anxious due to various artists appearing on this CD. Didn't need to worry at all as this CD is stonking. Can't tell you how many times I have played it, but it's superb!! Fergie is outstanding on 'Beautiful Dangerous' and Miles Kennedy is my new singer of the moment. Only track I'm not crazy about - although do like the music - is Ozzy, but that's because I'm not an Ozzy fan so of course is down to personal taste. Ian Astbury with 'Ghost' (first track) is superb and it goes without saying what a fantastic guitarist Slash is. Saw him at High Voltage on 23rd July this year (and Slash's birthday) and the band were outstanding. Rock on Saul!!

I thoroughly recommend buying the deluxe edition which includes DVD and through the buyer I used as was a brilliant deal. Many thanks.

Shaz, Watford
17/08/2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Some cracking tracks, but, 18 Jun 2011
S. P. MARLEY (Blackpool) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slash - Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
This Deluxe Edition is well worthy of purchase, displaying the talents of Slash across many guitar styles with different solo singers, and the accompanying DVD is very interesting too. I particularly liked the tracks with Ian Astbury (starts the CD in style), Ozzy and Lemmy. All of these songs rock!. The one downside for me was Myles Kennedy (particularly the acoustic versions at the end of the CD). I have not come across this voice before, but it didn't impress me, and on further re-listening I even felt obliged to fast forward. But that aside this is a CD-DVD package that all Slash fans will enjoy, and those wanting a sample of what this guitar-great can offer will not be disappointed either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 May 2011
This review is from: Slash - Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
love it, we bought the original in classic rock magazine and bought this one again just for the extra tracks - would recommend to everyone! 5* slash, cant wait for the new one next year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 April 2011
James Uplands (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slash - Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
I haven't stopped listening to it, each song is distinct with their own qualities. Can listen to the whole album, no need to put it on with 100 other songs and play them on random.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slash = Legend, 6 April 2011
This review is from: Slash - Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
The radio waves have been chocker full of tracks from this album lately and to be honest it's no wonder why- this album has one suprise after another! When an artist gets together with a bunch of friends in the industry to make an album eyebrows are always raised but Mr Slash has made some great collaborations and his musical talent shines through. Highlights include Crucify The Dead (feat Ozzy Osbourne), Promise (feat Chris Cornell) and Nothing To Say (feat M Shadows. I wish I had friends like that to jam with! Also included are acoustic tracks and lots of promo material for all the collectors out there. In short you really do get your money's worth so go on treat yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 July 2014
good

Slash - Deluxe Edition
Slash - Deluxe Edition by (Musician) Slash (Audio CD - 2011)
Click for more info