5.0 out of 5 stars Very good after-market battery.
Published on 26 Mar. 2011 by Mr. C. E. Blackwell

2.0 out of 5 stars Good to begin with but after 3 weeks became worse than stock
Published on 1 May 2012 by Alistair

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good after-market battery., 26 Mar. 2011
Mr. C. E. Blackwell (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC DESIRE HD High Capacity Battery - EXTRA LONG LIFE 1500mAh - Exclusively sold by FAB2983 (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The HTC Desire HD is a well known power hog. Coupled with the measily capacilty of the default part, battery life is one of the major disadvanatges of what is otherwise a superb smartphone. I'm happy to say that with this battery I'm experiencing a 25-35% increase in usage time before the phone goes in to battery saver mode. I've not experienced any problems with the battery overheating or any charging issues so I think it's safe to say that this after-market part is fully compatable with the phone.

Highly recommended to all of us who get frustrated with the battery life of the Desire HD, and provides excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good battery, 3 Feb. 2011
This battery does last longer than the one I got with the phone. It seems to last a good bit longer. I have no complaints about the capacity of the battery or it's very reasonable price. Expansys were asking six times as much for a lower capacity battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 18 Mar. 2011
A pity a could not give 10 stars for this battery. It lasts at least 1/3 more than original. If you experienced a very short life of your htc desire hd battery, this replacement is absolutely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beefy Battery, 12 Mar. 2011
Mr. Alan Taylor (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Out lasted the original HTC battery by at least a 1/3rd. For the price just brilliant! As a hint, down load a free app 'app killer'. This closes all those apps which once open stay running in the background using valuable battery power. Go ahead and get one, at least you can change to a fresh battery unlike those iphone sheep!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good to begin with but after 3 weeks became worse than stock, 1 May 2012
As this product was only 4-5 quid including delivery, I had little expectation of greatness but hoped to be pleasantly surprised. Like most owners of the Desire HD I've found the phone itself to be wonderful with a large and bright screen but the battery life leaves a bit to be "desired". The additional 400 mAh offered over the stock HTC battery was appealing and so I took the plunge hoping for an extra hour or two per day at most.

At first, it did just that, my handset definitely lasted longer for about the first two weeks. Unfortunately after that the performance dived astonishingly quickly and I ended up reverting back to the stock HTC battery last week which outperforms this one (and it's a year old!). It's a shame but even for 4 quid I wouldn't bother with this. Simply buy another stock HTC battery for a tenner then at least you'll be guaranteed of some longer term reliability. I've done just that myself.

Disappointing but frankly for the price I'm not that surprised.

1.0 out of 5 stars 48 Hours, 17 Dec. 2011
It charged quite quickly and ran quite well for a while. Then it suddenly stopped working. The battery wouldn't charge and plugging it in just made the yellow light on the phone flash intermittently.

I assumed my phone was to blame and went as far as arranging for it to be collected by courier for a repair under warranty. But by chance I bumped into someone who had the same phone and it was after we'd swapped batteries that I realised it wasn't my phone.
The seller gave me a refund immediately after I reported this to him so I have no complaints. Just bear in mind you get what you pay for.

Incidentally this review is called '48 Hours' because that's how long the battery lasted.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Longer Life....Actually Shorter, 18 April 2012
Disappointed. I am a fairly heavy user of my HTC Desire HD and as such needed a battery that would last me all day as I spend time travelling by train/bus to work and as such it does get some use. I found that this battery was brilliant for the first week or two and I made sure it was totally run down before recharge.

However, after this period I noticed a serious decline in life and have, on occasion, had to use my original battery as a backup to get me through the day. I went off previous reviews to purchase this and have not been satisfied. The phone comes off charge around 6am and I am sticking it on charge by 1pm.

Good for a spare but not a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than original equipment, 16 Jan. 2014
Mr. Shaun Perry "Illage Vidiot" (Hampshire,England) - See all my reviews
lasts much longer than the original, very good price and swift delivery. Couldn't ask for more.
Review finished but more words needed so I'll just say I don't think that Swindon Town will win the european cup within the the next five years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value backup/spare battery. Not a replacement, 26 April 2011
Xjayar (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Let's face it, the worst feature of the Desire HD is the appallingly short working duration of the battery. So a spare battery is essential. As mentioned by others, using an "App Killer" is also essential for extending the battery span, along with keeping an eye on the phone when you are not *needing* GPS, Wi-fi and Bluetooth functionality.

So this battery is purchased primarily as a back-up to the standard HTC Desire HD battery.

However, I have found the performance of this battery to be only about 80% of that of the OEM battery, despite its claim to have a higher capacity. I purchased this rather than any of the other similar priced batteries available purely on the favourable reviews on this site claiming better than average capacity. That is simply NOT my experience over 6 weeks of using both batteries daily to exhaustion.

As value for money I would give the battery 5-stars.
On the overly optimistic claim that is offers greater than OEM capacity it would be 3-stars.
Hence my overall review rating of 4-stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful., 5 May 2012
I haven't noticed MUCH of a change in battery life. What I do seem to find, is that having the phone on casual use (wi-fi for a couple hours a day) and trying to save on juice makes this last a fair bit longer than the stock battery.

Don't expect miracles with this, modern phones need to really sort out their battery consumption before they move on to other fads. Though I digress, this is about the phone, not companies.

If you want a marginal difference to battery life, get this product. If nothing else, it's always nice to have a second battery for whatever problems arise, and it's fairly cheap all things considered.