4.0 out of 5 stars Nerf Super Soaker
Published on 19 Nov 2011 by Ben Evertestor

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good when it works but....
Published 15 months ago by Spiff

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nerf Super Soaker, 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: Hasbro 33596 Nerf - Super Soaker : Bottle Blitz (Toy)
I bought this water gun to win a battle. Not one with the kids down the road - I'm too old for that sort of fun. It's a battle against the grey squirrels who are invading our garden. It's a battle which I know that I can never win, but I believe that a man should always resist tyranny, even against all the odds. I also know that it's not nice to squirt water at animals (unless they're dolphins), and a part of me feels a bit guilty about this, but I know from all the westerns and war films that I've ever seen that sometimes, just sometimes, you might have to do something a bit bad to protect the things that you love. In this case, the things that I love are the bulbs, plants and bird feeders in our garden. If you've never been a gardener who is terrorised by squirrels - if you've never been in the battle-zone - then you should stop reading this now, because you'll never understand!
At first, I tried non-violent resistance. Waving my arms, jumping up and down and hissing at them. Unfortunately, our squirrels have been hand-fed peanuts by the public in the local park, and they ain't scared of anyone who's just noisily gesticulating!
Then, I tried running at them and shouting. They're used to that because that's what all the small kids in the park do to them. The squirrels just hop nimbly out of the way!
Eventually,in frustration, I found myself throwing things at them. Small sticks, lumps of earth, tiny pebbles etc. The squirrels looked faintly surprised.
One day I found myself hurling half a house brick at one (I missed the squirrel, but smashed a hollyhock)! I realised that I was loosing my sense of proportion. I felt that I (who had once opposed the war in Vietnam) was only a short step away from considering the use of napalm! There had to be a more appropriate solution.
So, that's why, after an interval of about 40 years or so, a man buys himself another water pistol! It's now propped up outside the back door, full of water, ready for action, and I'm quite pleased with it! There's no batteries to worry about, and no trigger either! You just pull the slider back along the barrel to squirt a jet of water about 18 feet. With our semi-tame squirrels you can easily get within range (though this could change once the full horror of what they're up against sinks in!). Pull back again and you get another jet. The water reservoir gives you about 15 shots before you have to reload, so - unless they come at me Zulu style - I've got plenty to see them off with! It's not the most accurate of weapons, but it does the job - I've doused a couple of them already, and they've exited the garden at top speed!
Very satisfying!
However, my wife seems to suspect my motives in buying this "toy", and has been muttering something about "eternally immature men"!
She'd better watch out, next time she's out in the garden............

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps next doors cat at bay, 14 Feb 2013
M. Ives (Claydon, Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hasbro 33596 Nerf - Super Soaker : Bottle Blitz (Toy)
Bought this because next doors cat kept coming in though our cat flap and eating our cats food. After introducing the aforementioned beast to this water pistol - never been a problem since!

Very durable and it has very few moving parts - no trigger which often jams after prolonged use in other models. Good longish range.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good when it works but...., 14 July 2013
This review is from: Hasbro 33596 Nerf - Super Soaker : Bottle Blitz (Toy)
I bought 2 of these because I wanted decent water pistols for my sons to use but didn't want anything battery-powered (why oh why should a water-pistol be battery powered?). They arrived in good time and they've got a good range and water pressure, though the water reservoir doesn't hold much which means it runs out quickly given the amount it fires. We managed to find a drink bottle which was compatible with the connector (it took a few goes) which increased the capacity substantially and worked reasonably well, though the bottle collapsed as the water was shot out which looked a little odd. So, not too bad for the money but then.... after only a day's use, one of the guns has completely jammed and is useless. I now have one very unhappy small child whose prized new toy has broken. Not good enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Hasbro 33596 Nerf - Super Soaker : Bottle Blitz (Toy)
Can't beat this. It's wicked fun! Get one now! Could be more fun with a bigger reservoir but all my children love it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother., 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Hasbro 33596 Nerf - Super Soaker : Bottle Blitz (Toy)
This was a mid price range Super Soaker about the price I wanted to spend. It is a huge disappointment and regret my purchase. The whole thing looks and feel horrid. I feel the pictures are very misleading indeed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic melted, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Hasbro 33596 Nerf - Super Soaker : Bottle Blitz (Toy)
It was a present for my nephew who liked the toy. Unfortunately, within a month the blue plastic melted and the water pistol is now really sticky and it's messy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Winning the war!, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Hasbro 33596 Nerf - Super Soaker : Bottle Blitz (Toy)
This does what I wanted it for....to wage war on the starling armies that are invading our bird feeding station! It works. The starlings are retreating and I am winning the war. Loses one star only because my partner isn't quite strong enough to achieve the full range. It needs a hefty pump!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 July 2013
megs (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hasbro 33596 Nerf - Super Soaker : Bottle Blitz (Toy)
got it for my son to us it cub end of term water fight, able to use a lemonade to for big capacity. recommend this product as it was good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars A WInner in Birthday Bashing!, 28 July 2014
Dakota Hills (Derwent Valley, Tasmania, AU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hasbro 33596 Nerf - Super Soaker : Bottle Blitz (Toy)
This was a gift for my 8-year old nephew, which resulted in a water fight - He loved the Nerf & his Mom said it was a Winner for a Birthday Gift - so as his Great Aunty I was very pleased - makes a change for me as I usually like to give books :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Effective, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: Hasbro 33596 Nerf - Super Soaker : Bottle Blitz (Toy)
I used 1.5 liter water bottles attached instead, and it worked great with those. Pump action always seems better than battery for power and reliability.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›