5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed.
Published 23 months ago by C-87

1.0 out of 5 stars Blew up after 5 months, defective.
Worked for 5 months, exploded right next to me with a spark that could have electrocuted me or set fire to the house. No exaggeration. Currently emailed the seller, waiting for a response, if no response I will have Apple verify that it's a genuine product.
Published 10 months ago by Kaj

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Apple 85WMagSafe Power Adapter for MacBook Pro 2010 (Accessory)
Have a 2006 Macbook Pro, the cable on the power adapter gave up on me after so many years and wore really thin and eventually snapped off. Was pretty worried that I couldn't get a replacement seeing as my MBP is so old but this is excellent, real Apple product (not like a lot of the fakes on offer on amazon and on other sites) and the casing for the adapter and the wiring seems more solid than the old one.

4.0 out of 5 stars A necessary evil of having a great laptop, 30 Sept. 2014
I am aware that there are cheaper off brand versions available, but after hearing a lot of horror stories about them causing fires and expensive damage to laptops, I opted to buy the genuine article even though it is overpriced and not nearly as durable as it should be. It's a necessary evil of having a great laptop, I guess. On a positive note, these adapters sure do a good job of doubling up as foot warmers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blew up after 5 months, defective., 11 July 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh, Joy. Another Adaptor., 19 Jun. 2014
The adaptor arrives. It powers my computer.

This is the third adaptor I've had for this machine. I'm sure, like the previous ones, some version of fraying of cables will occur, forcing me to buy yet another of these stupidly designed things.

Apple: I suspect you're using cheap ass materials just to hike up demand on these things. I'd love to know what your profit markup is. These adaptors suck.

4.0 out of 5 stars DOES THE JOB, 31 Jan. 2014
It works well but the lead is not very long it would have been better with a longer lead on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars The cable frays and snaps too easily. Not impressed, 16 April 2015
When I pay £60 for an adapter I would expect it to last longer than 18 months! The cable frays and snaps too easily. Not impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 5 Jun. 2014
I had a broken PS and this one replaced exactly what i needed - bit of a life saver! Great, fast service. no complaints at all. Would use again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to have a spare, 21 Mar. 2015
always handy to have a spare
You can buy a small converter for around £11.00 which converts this for use with more modern Mac Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 14 Mar. 2015
It's an Apple product specific for Macbook Pros 15 or 17inch prior to retina models. Perfect replacement

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product. Heavy price., 12 Nov. 2014
Great Apple charger that works perfectly with my MacBook. It's a shame they are so expensive.