5.0 out of 5 stars A real pleasure to watch!
I may be a thirty eight year old but I'm not ashamed to say that I thoroughly enjoyed watching this! It well deserves to be Disney's 50th production and harks back to the good old Disney that we know and love.

Published on 25 May 2011 by Sue Lewendon

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical disney fare
A puckish rogue who learns a moral lesson, a innocent and life transforming Princess and a happy ending. Pretty typical Disney fare - a bit hard to stomach for anyone not really into the sugar sweet stories of Disney movies otherwise it's just fine.
Published 8 months ago by I. Sato

5.0 out of 5 stars A real pleasure to watch!, 25 May 2011
Sue Lewendon "Film fanatic" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Tangled [DVD] (DVD)

It's the story of Rapunzel told with the humour and sensitivity that only Disney can provide. The characters are all equally awesome, from the obvious leads of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, to Pascal and Maximus. My favourite scene has got to be when Rapunzel first leaves her tower and is torn between feeling elated and happy to depressed and guilty.

The songs are brilliant, especially 'Mother Knows Best'. The baddies are great and there's some edge of the seat stuff too. If you love Disney like I do, then you're in for a real treat.

All in all, this is a really heartwarming and happy film that will have you smiling like an idiot long after it's finished!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, 26 May 2011
Andy Diggle "Writer" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tangled [DVD] (DVD)
One of the very best Disney movies for decades, possibly ever. When the House of Mouse bought Pixar, I was worried that Pixar's genius and uncompromising dedication to story and character would be diluted by the Disney merchandising machine. But I'm pleased to say the opposite seems to be happening - Pixar seem to be raising the quality of Disney's output. Much respect to everyone involved with making TANGLED, but most particularly to Dan Fogelman for a perfect, perfect screenplay that appeals to boys and girls, young and old. It's got charm, whimsy, action, suspense and real heart. And unlike most Disney fairy tales, the resolution is brilliant, heartfelt, surprising, shocking and genuinely romantic. What more do you want?

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't of been any more..... PERFECT!, 13 Feb 2011
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tangled [DVD] (DVD)
This is by far one of the best animated films I have seen in a long time, the story is very well written that keeps close to the theme of the old classic tale WHILST changing certain aspects of the story, which in my opinion was actually an improvement.

Tangled gives you a lot of that old Disney's feeling, while bringing something new, it has beautiful music tracks and just like the old Disney classics, it has songs you could sing along too.

Every character has their own unique personality that you will instantly love, be it Flynn with his hilarious flirtatious behaviour, Rapunzel's cute, caring & clumsiness personality, Pascal the chameleon's sweet yet tough attitude or Maximus; the horse who is completely fearless and has a serious vendetta against Flynn which is extremely entertaining.

The voices were perfect, if someone asked me if I could change anyone's voice, who would it be... I just couldn't do it.

Overall in my opinion this is a master piece, visually the film is stunning and you get a real connection with all the characters, it's just one big emotional roller-coaster. This film will definitely be enjoyed no matter who you are; child, teen, adult, male or female, if you haven't seen it yet, then I would recommend you do so.

Top marks from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 14 Feb 2011
Went to see this at the cinema yesterday with my five and three year old daughters. They had been playing Rapunzel for weeks after the amount of adverts on the telly. I was ready for disappointment as the build up had been immense, you know, all the best bits were in the adverts ...I shouldn't have been worried. Before the end titles had finished my five year old turned to me and said "I want this film at home. Buy it for me, please." Even found myself crying at the end. Fantastic Disney. So much better than Princess and the Frog.

5.0 out of 5 stars as good as being at the cinema!, 10 Jan 2012
i'm not going to comment on the film because we all know how wonderful it is. we've just got a 3d tv and 3d blu-ray player, so we chose tangled for our first 3d experience,as it's one we all love.i was worried that it would look cheap and gimmicky,but it was amazing! the detail is incredible and the 3d is as good as being at the cinema. the lantern scene is worth the money on it's own. it's quite good value anyway, with a 3d blu-ray, a dvd, and a digital copy. absolutely wonderful!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids!, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Tangled [DVD] (DVD)
In the recent years the Pixar branch of Disney has dominated the market for childrens cinema. I didn't have any expectations for Tangled, but I was absolutley blown away by how fantastic it was. I had almost forgotten that Disney characters used to sing in films, but Tangled reminded me of this within the first 5 minutes of the movie and I knew I was in for a treat. The two leads Rapunzel and Flynn Rider are charasmtic and interesting, particularly Flynn who is hilerious and has some of the best lines, that will make the adults laugh as well as the kids. They're supported by Maximus the horse and Pascal the chameleon who are equally funny and charming. This is a great watch for the whole family and anyone who is a fan of the old Disney format mixed with the new computer animated style of animation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Untangle yourself from the sofa and watch this!, 15 April 2011
Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tangled [DVD] (DVD)
Immediately, it was obvious to me that it wasn't going to be an exact take on the Rapunzel story as is told in my son Harry's Grimm's Fairy Tales book but luckily he didn't seem to notice. It starts with a sick queen, who needs a special golden flower to heal her, only its being hidden by the evil witch, who later becomes Mother Gothel. Straight away, Harry was drawn in by the story, worrying about the Queen and being pleased when she was healed, and then as the story became more like the Rapuzel he has read about, he was pointing it out such as Rapunzel being locked in the tower, and Mother Gothel shouting "Rapunzel, let down your hair!" when she wants to come into the tower.

The animation is absolutely stunning and exactly what you expect from a Disney movie. It actually reminded me very much of what I call the Disney classics such as Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin, films which will always have a special place in my heart and that you can enjoy over and over again. The animation is crystal clear, it has a real magical air to it and Rapunzel is the perfect Disney princess that all little girls will love. Harry was rather taken with her purple dress and her long hair actually, saying she looked beautiful, what a charmer my son is! As with all Disney movies, it is also filled with song, with some great numbers between the characters throughout that really filled the film with happiness!

The characters were all perfectly done. Rapunzel was the perfect heroine, she transformed from a quiet and shy young teenager into a confident and fun young woman and that was wonderful to see. It sounds silly but I was so taken with the way the animators handled her hair, there was such a huge amount of it yet it appeared perfectly in every scene and was a real major player, almost as if it deserved a character name of its very own. It was amazing when it took on the magical powers, Harry's chin literally dropped and it did add a special magic to what was already a fantastic movie. She is a very pretty character, as I say a perfect Disney princess and with Mandy Moore's speaking and singing voice, she sounds like one too. Moore does a superb job, sings the songs with real gusto and has that special angelic tone all Disney female characters have when they sing.

Flynn Rider is a great hero. I wasn't too sure about him at first, wondering how his heroic qualities would shine through but they certainly did. He is absolutely hilarious, delivering a lot of the comedic lines as well as his "smouldering" pose which had the audience, in particular us mums in stitches. Some of this humour goes over the little one's heads but even so it is really funny and I loved it. Zachary Levi voices Flynn and I think he does a great job, and lends himself well to Flynn's few musical numbers too. I was really impressed with Donna Murphy who voices Mother Gothel as well, I did expect it to be someone slightly older to be honest but Murphy's voice has a real quality to it which powers through the film, and she delivers the musical numbers of Mother Gothel with such ease, she certainly draws you in and does a great job with her character.

The songs featured are what I would call typical Disney music but they are brilliant. The movie starts almost immediately with a song by Rapunzel entitled 'When Will My life Begin', an uptempo number with Rapunzel trying to see the best in her sheltered life. The musical numbers carry on through the film, some with just Mandy Moore singing, and other ensemble numbers such as "I've Got A Dream". "I See the Light" is the love song of the movie sung between Rapunzel and Fynn towards the end of the movie and is very touching, but I have to say my favourite musical song has to be "Healing Incantation", a short song of only around a minute but it seems to capture the essence and magic of the movie in just that short few seconds, its perfect.

As you can tell, I probably cannot fault this movie at all, and I can't wait until its released on DVD so that Harry and I can enjoy it again. We left the cinema with Harry exclaiming it is new favourite movie (until we're forced to watch Wall-E again for the 1000th time I'm sure!) and he hasn't really stopped talking about it since, from Rapunzel's glowing hair to the evil witch who really captured his attention. I have to say the ending sequences were simply beautiful and there was't a dry eye in the house amongst us mums in the audience for one particular scene at the end, you can't help but shed a tear. There are no words spoken but the musical emotion and that on the animated characters faces speak it all. This film is simply beautiful, from its stunning animation, fun characters, beautiful scenery and wonderful musical numbers to the special message about taking a risk and getting everything you desire at the heart of it. Beautiful, and a must see.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the better kids movies of the last couple of years, 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: Tangled [DVD] (DVD)
After the abomination that was Hoodwinked I suspected this would be another weak rip off of a well loved fairytale.

Having been dragged to see it I couldn't have been more wrong, it was much, much better than I expected.

Exciting, inventive, beautifully produced, great characters, story, humour and animation. It easily kept me engaged as well as the children.

One of the best releases in this genre for the last couple of years.

Will be well worth buying when it's released as the kids will watch it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 17 Dec 2013
L. L. Dennis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tangled [DVD] (DVD)
One of my favourite films ever. Definitely one of Disney's best. Appeals to all ages and is one we watch over and over!

5.0 out of 5 stars Is the movie as funny as the picture implies?, 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: Tangled [DVD] (DVD)
Yes! If not funnier! Take a look at the picture, sword-fighting horse, girl with ridiculously long hair wielded as a weapon (I laughed every time she walked across the screen and the hair just kept trailing behind her), a chameleon on top of the girl's head, and a roguish guy wielding a frying pan. Hilarious, right? Makes you giggle. Well, no matter how old you are, you are going to love Rapunzel, Maximus (the horse), Pascal (the chameleon), and Flynn. And you will laugh every few minutes for a few minutes. And when you're not laughing, you're sniggering or captivated.

And yes, I was serious when I said all ages, as Disney have certainly kept the parents and older siblings (who would invariably be dragged to watch this) in mind. Some kids sat next to me, enjoyed the movie (don't know how much, but they didn't seem disappointed with it). My Mom, loved the movie. Sixteen year old me, loved the movie with one minor exception that could at most take half a star out of my rate, but that's not an option on Amazon. I walked out of the theatre certain of one thing, I want this movie on DVD.

The songs aren't amazingly awesome, meaning Alan Menken (wrote the songs for Aladdin and many other classic Disney) let us down somewhat. But overall the songs aren't bad, very good, even. The "villain's song" isn't the best, but it has a great, unique feel to it.

Tangled [DVD]
Tangled [DVD] by Byron Howard (DVD - 2011)
7.00