5.0 out of 5 stars Let some sunshine in your life !, 3 Feb 2011
Anders "Anders" (London (Calling), England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Search Of Elusive Little Comets (Audio CD)
Oh wow, what a fabulous ray of sunshine this album is ! Fetch me my sunglasses ! Bursting with energy and delivered with considerable heart and soul. This is guaranteed to put a smile on your face and is the perfect track list for your sunny holiday. Like Vampire Weekend but with far more soul ..oh and did i say they are exceptionally powerful live !

5.0 out of 5 stars Joanna take this home? Course you do!, 15 April 2011
This review is from: In Search Of Elusive Little Comets (Audio CD)
Blown away by this - heard one track on Radio 2 on the way home - 'One Night in October' and I thought, 'well, what the hell, I'll buy it and see' AND...it's just absolutely gorgeous. I have to admit to liking the first five tracks the most (Adultery, One Night in October, Joanna, Her Black Eyes, and Isles) and finding myself getting used to the others gradually. This is not a difficult job because Tricolour, Lost Time, Dancing Song, Mathilda, and Intelligent Animals are all solidly good tracks with lots of magic touches. There's even political commentary in Intelligent Animals directed at the situation in Darfur. The guitar and vocal work is perfect on this album. What a find! I want to make a big point (big for me anyway) here: there are few albums which I love from end to end, but this is one of them and that makes it very special.
I found myself getting the shivers up the back with Her Black Eyes (it's the soulful guitar work and the echo effects), which is way out there as the best track for me - it (and the whole album) have got influences coming in from all over the place blended into their own unique and crisp sound. It's hard for me to describe exactly what I mean when I say that there are definitely reminiscences, or at least "sounds" that make me think of The Kaiser Chiefs, The Cure, Roy Orbison, Chris Isaak, Crowded House and in some sort of sense Adam and the Ants. There's a bunch of other great sounds coming through that it's going to take me ages to pin down by reading all about these guys and believe me I intend to spend some serious time getting to know this band's music - it's worth every effort

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 30 Jan 2012
Hugh Gallagher (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great Album.. there's not much I can add that others haven't already said. I've been listening to it on repeat for the last week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Album, 2 Jan 2014
I would thoroughly recommend checking these guys out. Stand out tracks include 'One Night in October', 'Joanna' and 'Adultery'. Give it a listen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Band, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: In Search Of Elusive Little Comets (Audio CD)
I adore this band, their music always brings a smile and (I believe) can be enjoyed by most people. If you like Two Door Cinema Club, Metronomy or any bands like that, you'll love these guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: In Search Of Elusive Little Comets (Audio CD)
I love this CD but i am a fan of them. If you want to buy this i would look them up first to see if you like them as they are not everyone's style. If you do i would very much recommend this CD and i listen to it all the time!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 24 May 2013
Mrs. Susanne Renshaw (England) - See all my reviews
Such a great album, only recently been introduced to the band by a friend, but it's very good album. Great, catchy indie music, easy to listen to, nice riffs - great band!

4.0 out of 5 stars Promising Debut, 1 April 2013
This review is from: In Search Of Elusive Little Comets (Audio CD)
Excellent debut album from Little Comets. Upbeat eclectic indie music. With "Joanna" and "Isles" being the album highlights for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 1 Feb 2013
Easy Listening, good music, and catchy songs! Perfect if needing cheered up! Recommended for everyone, honestly can say it is a fantastic album.

4.0 out of 5 stars well received stocking filler, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: In Search Of Elusive Little Comets (Audio CD)
I have no idea what this is like but mu daughter asked for it and seems to be enjoying it.

ARRAY(0xa6a5fee8)

In Search Of Elusive Little Comets
In Search Of Elusive Little Comets by Little Comets (Audio CD - 2011)