• Rome

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 August 2011
This is an amazing album! Even if you don't share my mindset, that late 60s / early 70s films such as Once Upon a Time in The West will never be bettered, then you can still love the beautiful artistry that has gone into creating this exceptional piece of music. And if you do (share my mindset)..... then this album will send a shiver down your spine as it recreates the amazing sound that accompanied so many of these films. Having said that, this is not a soundtrack - each song is beautiful and haunting in its own right. The only thing I would mark it down for is being quite short, as other reviewers have noticed, but then there is no way this album is anything less than 5 stars. And is it such a bad thing at the end to be left wanting more?
on 26 May 2013
When I first heard about this project I was skeptical, kind of just said sounds to good to be true
Wen I heard the music simply stunning sound and melodies
You have to get the vinyl version if you have a turntable you will be swept away
on 17 December 2015
Prompt service, quality music. Happy!
on 26 December 2011
Rome is certainly an oddity. A short, 35 minute tribute to spaghetti western film score, produced by Danger Mouse of the hip-hop world, guested by guitar legend Jack White and Radio 2's favorite, Norah Jones, their contrasting styles produce a beautiful soundtrack to a film that sadly does not exist.

Alone, the tracks in which White and Jones lend their vocals don't really make sense. Couple them with the sweeping orchestration of the instrumental tracks and suddenly, you begin to see what this album is. One continuous piece of beautiful music.

Yes it is too short, but as such does not get tiresome. I downloaded the album earlier and have listened to it twice already. It's very calming and relaxing, showcasing the remarkable talent of Danger Mouse, a man cruelly often accused of piggybacking his way to success.

Definite download, possibly 2/3 tracks light, hence the four star rating. At it's current reduced price, not a bad purchase at all.
on 14 October 2015
excellent service & product
on 8 August 2014
Lots of noises - all good
on 6 June 2011
Really brought the Album because of Jack White's input but have to say I find the Album excellent. The whole album gels very well and has a unique feel to it and works well. Jack's tracks are my preference but Joss Stone fits the music perfexctly.
on 26 April 2012
Very evocative of the Ennio Morricone soundtracks withoutout decending into pale pastiche, a real feat. I am a great fan of those spaghetti western soundtracks, at one Edinburgh Festival Fringe the Cliff Hanger Theatre put on a free show where they had the audience divided into three sections singing part of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly themetune. I went back almost every day for that show.

This album nearly passed me by but having listened to clips from the forthcoming album Little Broken Hearts I cam to check this out and am so pleased that I did.
on 11 September 2015
Brilliant :)
on 13 June 2011
Probably my favourite album this year so far. I'm a big fan of Jack White cause anything he does is genius. All the songs are very laid back and chill, and they are very well put together. I just love laying in the grass when its sunny and just relaxing to this album!