5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Looking Watch for A Great Price.
Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y

I ummed and arred about this watch for ages in the photographs it looks great. I love watches and the colour attracted me.

The price looked pricy I know it says retail price 200 but would you pay that?

No me neither.

What clinched it for me was visiting York one day I saw the identical...
Published 11 months ago by Glenn Cook

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy
Published on 8 Jan 2012 by Mr. D. T. Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Looking Watch for A Great Price., 15 Aug 2013
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y

The price looked pricy I know it says retail price 200 but would you pay that?

No me neither.

What clinched it for me was visiting York one day I saw the identical watch on display reduced to 100 so I tried it on.
(which was a bit naughty really but hey you are looking on Amazon too for a bargain.)

It looked and felt fabulous it really is an impressive watch let me reassure you that if, like me, you are thinking it cannot actually be as good as it looks from the photographs it really does.
The colour really pleases. The strap is a really robust black leather- great quality with yellow stitching. The strap is an integral part to the design of the watch the straps meet the black of the bezel and `frame' the watch well
Many reviewers say this is too stiff but what they do not realize is that this strap is built to last it will not fall apart or come unstitched after a couple of wears. Leather bends and moulds it self to the wrist ,
The strap is comfortable and if you wear it in winter doesn't freeze your wrist off in cold weather.
It also really matches the watch it looks very handsome.
The face is in yellow with three dials two edged in silver the third- more detailed in black.
The controversial bezel is raised and is a quality finish with very easy to read clear rasised numbers in silver and white against the Matt black.

To basics.
It keeps great time.
It says water resistant which is fine for normal wear but I would not wear it to swim in. The salt water would affect the strap and make it dull.
Use another rubber strapped watch for that.
A tip is use a decent make of battery when you need to replace it.
Cheap batteries leak and ruin watches- something I have done with a Tintin watch I own.
Also if you get the battery changed you may need to get the seals redone if you use it for swimming- if you don't then fine.

The watch does look great but after wearing it and testing it for a couple of months I've notice that if you wear glasses like I do for reading you may not be able to read the tiny date. (My other watches had Cyclops eyes to magnify them for you.)
The bezel does not rotate which is a surprise for a watch of this pedigree but I never use mine on my other watches anyway so one less thing to go wrong.
Also I think it is a young man's watch.
Well certainly for someone a whole lot young than me.
But hey I like the watch it keeps good time, feels great and looks good.

If you are not averse to white you can also get the watch in other colours here are a few links for you.

Accurist Gents Chronograph Watch Black Leather Strap White Dial MS832W
Accurist Men's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Chronograph Display and Black Leather Strap MS832N

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking and accurate, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y (Watch)
I have now owned this watch for about 18 months. I was looking for a reliable watch which looked distinctive for everyday use and I am very pleased to say that I have been delighted with this product. It have kept time very accurately throughout, maintained it's new look despite constant wear and looks good. Importantly, the leather strap is of a high quality and shows no sign of wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars a well deserved 5 star rating, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y (Watch)
i chose the 5 star rating because i think the watch is a real eye catcher , great value for money from the supplier , no delivery problems ....everyone is happy

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent watch ,love it, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y (Watch)
this watch is genuinely more attractive and feels great on your hands....price is affordable and i admit honestly that i liked this watch on first sight....

4.0 out of 5 stars a great bloke's watch !, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y (Watch)
I was looking for something sporty with a bit of style thrown in and this totally fits the bill. It feels heavy and solid but in a really good way. The strap is 'shaped' so just fits comfortably around my wrist. Love the colour and the yellow stitching on the strap. downside (and all my fault for not researching better) The dials in the middle are 1. a 24 hr clock ... used by ?? and 2. and 3. a stop watch one dial for minutes and one for seconds again I can't see me using those. But they look good and it tells the time so job done - one thing that I do wish it had was a button to light up the face at night. Overall really pleased. A strong, smart looking, sporty watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch For The Money, 9 Jun 2012
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y (Watch)
Very attractive watch with unusual yellow face. It's attracted many comments and at this price you can't go wrong. I have several watches, some very expensive and I rotate them so I only wear this once or twice a week therefore can't comment on the longevity of the strap as mentioned in other reviews. I love it, it feels and looks like a quality watch and i think its very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Piece, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y (Watch)
Fashionable looking, great quality well worth the money and great delivery from seller. If you are looking for a great watch at an affordable price them this must go to the top of the list

5.0 out of 5 stars a great watch, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y (Watch)
I have had this watch for just over a month and in that time I have warn it day to day, diving in the Caribbean and even on my wedding day. My friends comment on the style and the colour, so yes I love this watch

5.0 out of 5 stars It tells the time., 23 Dec 2011
A. Bond - See all my reviews
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y (Watch)
I brought this watch for my wife's birthday, she prefers large mens watches, she fell in love with it after seeing it in H Samuels, yellow is her favourite colour, so I searched the web, and Amazon as usual was the cheapest, she is very pleased with it, and the leather strap fits her rather small wrist, excellent value really stylish watch, go buy one, you will not be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y (Watch)
I got this watch for Christmas just over a year ago. Yes, it looks gorgeous, keeps good time and does everything a watch should. However, after about 6 months of daily wear the leather strap began to perish and has now worn right through making the watch unwearable. This is despite taking it off at night and not wearing it in the bath or shower. Accurist quoted 40 for a replacement strap, more than half of what I paid for the entire watch! Obvioulsy, cheaper replacement straps are available, but would spoil the look of the watch as the yellow stitching is an integral part of the design. Avoid.

74.99