4.0 out of 5 stars Good... but not quite as advertised.
Published on 21 July 2011 by Purple Ferret

3.0 out of 5 stars Not leather and not for a TZ40
Published 15 months ago by G@dge

4.0 out of 5 stars Good... but not quite as advertised., 21 July 2011
Purple Ferret "TPW" (Harrogate UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Hard PU Leather Case for Panasonic Lumix TZ55 TZ40 TZ35 SZ3 SZ8, Canon SX600 SX280 SX270 SX260 SX240,S120,A3500 IXUS 265 132 125,NIkon L29,L30, Samsung WB250F Cameras((Red-Brown) (Electronics)
Let me start by saying that I think that this is a nice looking, sturdy and attractive case for the money. It is an excellent fit for my Panasonic TZ20, and I am pleased to see that the belt loop is considerably larger than the one on the genuine Panasonic case (which won't fit my belt). The interior is felt lined, and I have no doubt that it will provide just as secure and safe a haven for my camera as the manufacturer's original product. The inclusion of a matching neck strap and wrist strap is a nice touch.

The only gripe I have is in the word "leather" being used to describe the item. It's actually PU leather (split lower grade leather with polyurethane applied to the surface and then embossed to give the appearance of full grain leather). This doesn't detract from the form or function of the item, but it does mean that over time it may crack or split, as opposed to the patination and suppleness associated with ageing full grain leather.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not leather and not for a TZ40, 29 May 2013
Just received this product and I am very disappointed. It actually looks ok and is well lined. It does not feel or smell like leather though. It states that this will fit the TZ40 but you will need to force it in which stretches the case. Removing the camera is a struggle, pretty useless when taking those urgent snaps. If you are not worried about the material and have a camera smaller than the TZ40, I’m sure this case would be acceptable. I hope the supplier takes the TZ40 which is over 3mm longer than the TZ30.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 9 Oct 2012
I have given this a 3 star review: the case fits my TZ20. It is hard and will protect the camera. Straps appear flimsy and look cheap in my opinion.

However, yet again, I have fallen foul of the "plastic leather" sales pitch. I enter "leather TZ20 camera case" into the search bar and get a lot of "leather" products and end up mistakenly buying something which is not what I originally wanted. I accept it is mainly my fault for not carefully reading the headline descriptions but I feel that a product that does not come with label stating genuine leather should not be allowed to include the word leather in headline description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lumix camera case, 4 May 2012
Great case, great light brown colour, easy to open and get camera out in a hurry. Thoroughly recommend for TZ30.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small for TZ40, 12 Aug 2013
It looked OK on screen but in reality it's a bit blocky and smells really artificial. It is also too small for the TZ40 as it's not wide enough.

The straps are a bit flimsy too. There is a blemish on the material on the one I ordered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smarter than expected, 12 Dec 2011
The hard leather case was originally purchased simply to protect my Lumix Z20. On arrival it appeared smarter than expected ,the camera fitted comfortably, and its retro design reminded me of one that served me well many years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic Product, 4 Nov 2011
AH Kamalati - See all my reviews
Great product at an unbelievable price.
Feels really leathery and nice Protects the camera really well. I bought three.It looks and feels really classy, and does the job really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!!, 18 Aug 2011
This case is absolutely fantastic! It fits my Panasonic Lumix TZ20 perfectly. The hard leather protects the camera brilliantly. The brown/red colour is really lovely and I particularly like the fact that you get a wrist strap and a shoulder/neck strap included. This product is, in my opinion, better than the actual original Panasonic case. I'm chuffed to bits.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not designed for the Lumix SZ3, 12 Nov 2013
I ordered one of these to fit my Lumix SZ3 as advertised.
However, when it arrived, the internal dimensions were almost large enough to accommodate TWO SX3's and my camera rattled around inside. Hence I had to return it.
After all, there's no point in having a slim camera if the case it far to wide!
A great pity, because the case itself appears to be very well made.
Hence only 2 stars for misleading advertising.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good case for My s95, 5 July 2011
I spent quite abit of time looking for a case to fit my Canon s95. More dificult than you might think. I nearly didnt buy this one as they havnt added any dimentions to the discription. Probaly hoping people will just believe all the above cameras will fit perfectly... (inside measures approx... W=32mm H=65mm L=100mm)

The case arrived today and its quite snug... no majour rattles. You can also fit an extra battery in there in the front between the side and the side of the lens. Bout a 3-4 mm gap at top, but im sure when my gorilla pod arrives it will help acomodate the screw in part on the bottom.

I wanted something I could fit on my belt but have a clip on strap so If im out and about in crowds I can have it under my jacket round my neck where its safer. This has both and also comes with a matching wrist strap. Quality is really good and its quite hard and almost crush proof. Be aware like all leather cases it has gaps at the sides so wont 100% keep out rain and dust but if its under your jacket it will be fine.

Mangnetic clasp on bottom could be better and can open because of the slight gap on top. not too bothered a bit of foam in bottom to push camera up or some stick on velcrow pads on front cost vertually nothing and take seconds to put on.

Really good value for money, very versitile, good case for the s95, clasp could be better, room for spare battery, tough, well made, easy to get camera out.