5.0 out of 5 stars This score scores.
Well, it clearly harks back to the 1970's in places, but in an understated and intelligent way. Am I the only person who gets hints of Kraft & Alexander, Isao Tomita and the French guy (Jarre) in here?.
I have to strongly recommend this album for people of all ages. This is art at its zenith. As film sound tracks go, this is easily up there with Akira, but it's much...
Published on 2 Feb 2011 by P. N. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Film music
Published 27 days ago by Mooncoin

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Daft Punk Tron - Vinyl Edition, 4 May 2011
Mr. R. Patel "R." (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
The bonus tracks make this purchase worthwhile. Its also beautifully presented on 180g heavy weight vinyl. If you have the kit it sounds wider and more detailed that the CD version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daft Group Name but Genius composing, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
So I am a tron fan and I mean the original. I hear tron legacy is coming out. Blew me away by the way despite some unjustifiable negative reviews. So at the end of the movie I was sitting thinking who wrote this score absoloutely superb and I was humming it all the way home. The thing with me is that I tend to be bit different to most with my musical taste, I am the guy who listens to a movie soundtrack and somebody will say "my god are they still alive", I tend to like music that isn't "the in thing" so to speak. Anyways I bought Tron Legacy soundtrack and find that the composer is a group called daft punk, strange name I thought and still do to be honest. I have literally listened to nothing except the soundrack since I got it. Superb from the opening till the finale. I love Jeff Bridge's voice over too which makes me remember the original movie and smile. Also the Solar sailer is just such a relaxing piece in itself. I call this migraine music because I do suffer with headaches and migraines and this little gem of a soundtrack played in the background really relaxes me and just helps sleep a little better. Please do enjoy this music as much as I do and am (listening as I type this). Daft Punk score with this and deserve all praise they get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitably Epic, 4 Jan 2011
This review is from: Tron: Legacy (MP3 Download)
I don't buy many movie soundtracks, as usually I find them to be somewhat lacking without their accompanying film and have not much more than a passing knowledge of Daft Punk either.

However, whilst watching Tron Legacy I was incredibly impressed with the score Daft Punk had put together. It's a real blend of fine electronica combined with elements of Oxygene/Equinox era Jean Michel Jarre and some of Vangelis' work, reminiscent of tracks from the Blade Runner movie.

Couldn't wait to hear it again after leaving the cinema so got the MP3 album of this rather than waiting for a physical CD (or the shops to open).. thank god for the Amazon MP3 store..

Oh and the track "Rinzler" is really excellent, it's the track that really grabbed me whilst watching the film and it really stands out on the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars?this goes up to 11!!, 7 Jan 2011
I had anticipated this film for a year.
I had no idea it was Daft Punk who were doing the score.
Not before,not during,not'til WAY after.
Aren't they a funny French dance combo after all?
So there is me sitting at the start of the film ...and J.Bridges says 'Until one day ...I got in!'..You all know the bit..
From then on I was completely blown away by the whole thing.
I don't very often get goose bumps listening to music, but this album has me a shivering wreck.
Only after I bought it did I realise who was responsible..surprised? me?
Yes actually.
It may be a sound track album ,but it is far and away the best thing I have listened to in a LONGGG time.
Goes all the way up to 11.
GENIUS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film score of the millennium!, 20 Jun 2014
Eric Ian Steele (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
Tron Legacy surprises on so many levels. Having endured criticism for being soulless and having no substance beneath the style, the film delivered on so many levels. The soundtrack was not the least of them. Daft Punk's score is iconic. Already, it has been used on countless TV advertisements. From the atmospheric opening titles to the thrilling car journey into the outlands to the awesome finale, this score is a must for music lovers. Forget the critics, listen for yourself and become immersed in the world of Tron!

3.0 out of 5 stars Film music, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tron: Legacy (MP3 Download)
I wanted to like this but unfortunately it is more Disney than Daft Punk. Lots of repetitive heavy theme-like background music that made me think I was about to listen to Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man. I don't blame DP - I feel that they have been trying to produce music with Disney executives constantly looking over their shoulder. I can see a few shades of the future RAM in here and it is interesting to see how their music has evolved from Homework onwards.
Maybe I'm being a little too rash with my judgement. I decided to listen as if it was something from the likes of Tangerine Dream and that's when it started to make more sense. Even so, with tracks like Overture and Flynn Lives you get the impression that it really is formulaic, American, melodramatic, corn syrup with Daft Punk's name added to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trombone the Legacy, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
Very interesting full of good daft punk music. Now I have listed numerous times in my car sound up reasonable without waking the locals I can visualise the scenes in the film the tracks relate too

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing music by Daft Punk, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
It fits the film so well, and is also great to just listen to.

It's a shame some parts of tracks have found their way into adverts and other normal TV use which just devalues them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daft Punk were the perfect choice, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
I really like this soundtrack. Sometimes I don't want to like it, because most of the tracks have very little melody and are quite repetitive if you listen hard, but I guess that's electronic music for you. And soundtracks too. But it's very dramatic and really captures the whole feel of the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Oct 2013
Arrived on time and in perfect condition. Vinyl is just the best format to buy and this is double album with glow in the dark cover and awesome art works shows you why,

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›