on 19 August 2011
I gave this to my daughter (just about to turn 4) last night and she loved it. She managed to build most of it, with my help, from the instructions and she's been playing with it since.

I was rather suprised how tiny it is (see the photo and box - it's a 4 stud width) but it is rather funky. There's no way I'd have paid a fiver for it, as it's not much more than some of the freebies you get from the papers occasionally but I'm glad I bought it.
on 30 May 2011
My 3 year old begged me for this to be like his big brother with real lego. It is expensive for what it is but it was a great set to get him started. The finished article is about the same size as a diecast lightening and it is very sturdy, bits don't fall off. I'd recommend it for younger lego builders but older children may be better off with bigger sets to actually challenge them.
on 16 October 2012
I bought this toy for my 3 years old son, I think age range from 5-12 is correct because it is a little bit difficult to build it. First I show my son how to do, and now he can by himself. McQueen is very nice and absolutely as is cartoon. Thank you.
on 9 January 2012
My son has had this and we got this one for a friend, he is 4 and loves everything to do with cars, he made this himself, and found it straight forward to follow instructions, it stays together 99% of the time and is a great toy.delivery was swift.
on 19 April 2012
it is a very small toy. Easy to assemble but probably easy to be lost. Bought this as a present to my cousin's boy. At first he loved it but then it got dumped into the box with other toys that are not used. Quite dissapointing for Lego.
on 5 January 2014
Ordered this for my grandson for his Christmas , really disappointed at the size and quality of this product it's very tiny and looks like something you would get from a cereal packet, definitely not value for money ,I have sent a complaint to the company asking for a full refund and have had no response from the company , that was over one week ago, don't be disappointed
on 4 December 2011
My 3,5 year old had the most fun building and rebuilding this one. He is a great Carsfan and my only complaint is that when he makes the Doc Hudsonmove (a sort of slip) the tires get stuck. This is no fault of the Lego company but of our child.
on 27 January 2014
I bought this as a reward as my 4 year old son had been really good at home and at school for 2 weeks. It is tiny and not worth the money at all. I'm not sure if it's possible to get the same thing cheaper elsewhere but at best it's worth £5 not £19-99. The only reason it didn't go back is my son opened the parcel and was very excited about it.

Waste of money and would not recommend and will certainly be more cautious about buying things like this in future
on 22 November 2012
BOUGHT IT IN MEGA SALE.. 3 POUNDS EXCELLENT DEAL! BOUGHT 3 OF THEM GOOD AS GOFTS FOR FRIENDS...Very good product, perfect delivery, 5+ stars
on 7 March 2014
I bought this for my Nephew as a birthday present, was very disappointed with the size of the car. Definitely not worth £22.99 at all.