5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the description
Excellent hat to keep you warm and dry. They are described as water resistant but in fact they have an outer shell of a gortex type material that is fully waterproof. Fleece lined and adjustable at the back this hat is perfect for the winter.
Published on 12 Dec 2011 by Darren D

2.0 out of 5 stars One size does NOT fit all
If it fits on your head comfortably, this would be a fantastic, lightweight, waterproof, warm yet breathable, keep the rain out of your eyes/off your glasses item.................

.........IF it fits!!!!!!!
Published 18 months ago by Peter

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the description, 12 Dec 2011
Select your size carefully! I bought the size Amazon says is medium but on the product label it is described as small/medium. So if you usually get small go for medium. If you are medium get large.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Price,Great Product, 27 Jun 2012
Great hat keeps your head and ears very warm,fleece lined on inside nice, and outer material waterproof and breathable, great for camping, hiking,
hat is very tight fitting after reading other reviews i opted for Large and is just about big enough for me,if your looking for similar hat, you wont go wrong with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this hat, 19 Oct 2012
Mr. M. Holland "Matt" (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a really good hat. Waterproof, comes down over your ears if you need it and has a short wire reinforced peak which you can pin back. Well made and well worth the money. It may look a bit silly in town, but I wear it to walk the dog and it's just right. On size I would say Medium is Small to Medium, so if you are Medium to Large, go Large.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat, wind and water tight to the extreme!, 18 Feb 2012
Very cosy and comfy, offers good protection for your ears and stays on your head even in a Force 8 gale. Well worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars A Hat for my Head, 21 Aug 2012
Hat came promptly and is what I hoped it would be. Just need a cold day's walk now to test how good it is at keeping the ears warm ears but it does look (and feel) promising. Bought a "large" one and am glad I did. I don't think I am a big-head but it fits !

5.0 out of 5 stars A hat which is waterproof, warm and versatile., 29 April 2012
I have a really great waterproof coat. Alas, I lost it's hood. After searching I decided to try the Highlander Mountain Hat. It is the same black as my coat. This hat can be worn as a straight forward cap (with ear covers tucked in) or a full thermal, waterproof hat with ear covers and a lower head back. It has a real feeling of quality about it and is softly lined with insulating material. It can be folded to go into a coat pocket. The peak edge is reinforced to keep it in place. There is elastication to keep it in place when it's windy. There is a rear adjuster to alter the hat size so it will fit well. It is suitable for general weather proof wearing and would be great for outdoor activities like fishing, country walking etc.

If like me you're concerned about losing it try a length of black elastic from a haberdasher to secure it to your coat...long enough to pocket it when not in use.
A brilliant solution to my problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars great hat!, 9 Jan 2012
I bought this hat after much searching for a good fit waterproof hat - I go walking alot ( from around town, along my coast and high up in The Lakes) and Im sick of wearing woolly pull on hats! I must have a large head as I have had great problems getting a hat to fit comfortably, even tried well known expensive brands but no luck. As soon as I tried this on I knew it was perfect, the adjustable tab on the back is great, and the ear flaps cover my ears perfectly without being too warm ( I hate feeling too wrapped up while Im walking!). Id recommend this, a great buy and excellent quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highlander Mountain Hat, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Highlander Mountain Hat (Sports Apparel)
This hat is great value for money,It is not only completely waterproof but has a nice warm fleece lining,The flaps at the side fit snug over my ears, For someone like me who works outdoors in all weathers for a living its a great winter hat.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, low cost, 20 Dec 2013
I'm really pleased with this hat, bought for cold evenings out hunting. As others have mentioned, it isn't going to win any fashion awards, but who cares? It is lightweight but high quality, and I very much suspect "ab-tex" is basically goretex by another name. It is the cheapest waterproof lightweight mountain cap around, but I suspect any of the expensive brands - bergaus, seal skinz, north face, lowe alpine) will deliver exactly the same product at 2-3 times the price (another reviewer with experience of other caps said as much).

It is also the only one with the option of a natural green colour, much better for country pursuits.

I have a 60cm head circumference and the large (which is actually "L/XL" according to the label) fits me beautifully - no gaps but not too snug. I can only presume the medium is actually "S/M" in which case take the advice of others and go with the larger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great foul weather cap, 28 Oct 2013
Dr. John C. Blackburn (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a no nonsense, easy to pack hat, warm with ear covers turned down and reasonably waterproof. (Nothing keeps the wet out when it seriously rains in the Lake District!) A great bit of gear.

Highlander Mountain Hat - Navy, Large