5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, educational, endless source of fun!
Published 19 months ago by A&C

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD
I like this product. It is great for role play and for teaching children colour, counting etc. My only criticism is that it was quite expensive for what it is.
Published 16 months ago by crazy Mel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, educational, endless source of fun!, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
Great quality toy.The fruit counters are made of a nice tactile rubber-like material. It's more child friendly than normal plastic toys, plus less chance of breaking the fruit. There're 3 double-sided cards, one with numbers 1-5 on one side, 6-10 on the other one. second card has got colours on one side, and white shapes of fruit on the other one. third card's got coloured pictures of fruit on both sides. You lift up the bottom of the pie and the card slots easily in. There're 2 big tweezers for picking up the fruit with - the size is perfect for little hands and my 3 year old finds them easy to use. There's also a card with a few ideas how to play/use the pie. We've already done plenty of pie baking, plus used the fruit for the shop games, feeding the animals on the farm, rolling fruit down the tube all of it mixed with naming the colours, fruits, counting and laughing. The only thing i'd says it's hard to keep track of all the small pieces as they easily get moved from one game to the other.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent educational sorting toy, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
I wouldn't have bought this had my daughter not specifically asked me to get it for her son. I always worry about small things being swallowed however, if supervised, children will get a great deal of pleasure from this. It can be sorted by colour or shape, counted, matched and also improves hand and eye co-ordination with the use of the tweezers. Expensive but a real quality peice of equipment which should provide years of hard wear - if you don't get them up the vacuum cleaner :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars An instant hit with my 2.9 year old., 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
This is going to keep us busy for months. My toddler loves it and so far we've only used it to sort by fruit-we can use it to sort by colour and by number too and I'm sure we'll come up with other games. The fruit are nicely solid and satisfying for her to play with. The only thing I'd say is that while it's perfect for toddlers it's worth keeping well away from babies (who of course it's not aimed at) as the fruit pieces are perfect choking size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for children to learn maths skills, 24 Nov 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
I bought this mainly for my 3-year-old son, but I think it is great for any preschool to primary school aged child. My 3-year-old absolutely loves this, and although it is quite pricey, it is very well made and there is no limit to the number of games you can make up and play with this set.

We do sorting, counting, memory games, odd-one-out games, sharing, or simply putting everything in the pie and putting it in the "oven" (the box!). It comes with two big pairs of tweezers for improving fine motor skills, and 60 pieces of fruit in 5 different colours.

I also use this with my older 2 primary aged children as a visual aid to help understand slightly more complex mathematics. Although it is not the cheapest of toys, I really feel like we have got our money's worth from this toy, and will do for years to come.

As a previous reviewer suggested, it is probably wise to keep away from children younger than 3, and my son only plays with this supervised by me as we have younger children and he is good as losing little bits or posting them around places that only a toddler can find!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
My son loves this sorting pie and the giant tweezers! I was very impressed, it's quite big and good quality. The only fault I could find with it was there was only three swap cards, I wished there was more. My son excels at maths and problem solving so these cards barely presented a challenge. I wished there were more cards that suited a range of abilities, if this would have been the case I would have given it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorting Pie is sorted!, 28 Nov 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
Can't recommend this toy enough. The number if ways it can teach your children is endless. Teaches kids colours, numbers, shapes, fractions, types of fruit, types of textures, imaginative play, fine motor control...I could go on! This keeps my child occupied fir a long time. Really pleased with it. Delivered super fast and well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely fantastic toy, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
I cannot describe how much my three year old loves playing with this. He is constantly making us different pies according to colour, shape etc. The box serves as a handy oven. The pieces are sturdy and solid and it is really really well made and put together.

We live in Qatar so on a recent trip to London I stocked up on numerous different toys. Many were absolutely useless (Gears, Gears! for one), but this has been the biggest success. He wakes up in the morning and immediately asks to play with this.

I totally recommend this toy. I am a clinical child psychologist, so will be using this toy for my clients too. If I don't loose the pieces I expect to get many years' use out of this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab learning resource, 19 Jun 2014
L. A. Clarke (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
I bought this for my three year old son as I wanted to improve his colour, sorting and counting, and fruit naming skills. After allow him to play with it as it was a new 'toy' I do keep it and take it out to specifically 'teach' him in a fun way, I know I will be using this resource for a long while to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars grandson loves it, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
This was for my grandson's 4th birthday. He took to it straight away although took the easy root and used his fingers not the tweezers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for sorting, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
Helpful for teaching motor skills and numbers and sorting, would recommend my grandson knew what to do as his school has it too!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›