Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

VINE VOICEon 4 July 2009
Tall, dark and sinfully delicious Detective Jason de Sanges is Poppy Calloway's sheik fantasy come to life. Unfortunately, he's also the man who's been told to help out with Poppy's programme to help some delinquent teens who've been caught spray-painting their Seattle neighbourhood. He's not happy about it and boy does it show.

The men in Jase's family were always on the wrong side of the law and he is determined not to give in to his baser instincts. However he can't seem to stay away from sexy, free-spirited Poppy and she's wearing down his view on relationships with every step he takes.

This is the second in Susan Andersen's Sisterhood Diaries trilogy that follows three friends, Jane, Poppy and Ava. This book does stand alone although I would still recommend Jane's story in the first book in the series Cutting Loose.

There are lots of characters in the book and although we do focus on more than just the main couple, it's definitely Poppy and Jase that capture your attention. Jase is such a man's man - sexy, dangerous and tough but with a real need for the love of a good woman. Poppy is a real woman to aspire to. She's sweet, feisty, loyal and perfect for Jason. The pair had chemistry to make your stomach flip over and the whole book was sexy, fun and upbeat.

There is a slight suspense element to this book but it isn't the whole point to the story and it's not scary or violent.

Susan Anderson always manages to write books that really make you feel good. There are wonderful characters, hot sex and a great plot and this book is no exception. Definitely recommended and worth 5 stars.
on 29 July 2014
Read from local library. Enjoyed this romance with twist of suspense. Some good humerous moments but did find story dragging in the middle. Not much was happening. Liked Jase, a hot guy even though he was a bit mixed up.. Poppy at times was too good to be true but still liked her. Fair bit of heat involved. Enjoyed over all.
on 21 June 2013
A good entertaining read. Pretty good story line with engaging characters . Liked the the sisterhood idea, and the relationship between the girls. Jason was yummy!
on 22 March 2013
I've only read a few books from this writer and I found it entertaining and romantic. Fantastic writer fantastic book.
VINE VOICEon 5 August 2011
Wow! I am zooming through this series.
After reading Cutting Loose yesterday I couldnt wait to pick this one today and I didn't put it down :)

I was intrigued by Detective Jason de Sanges from the previous book and looked forward to reading his story. The same goes for Poppy who comes across as smart, but fiercely strong and independent.

Well....Jason was a fab male lead, he got a bit annoying in the end when he was all "i dont know how to love" when it was clearly obvious he did. I would have liked a bit more background on him rather than just the fact his whole family practically live in prison but overall he was one hot male hero.
I quite liked Poppy too, but like a reviewer on goodreads has pointed out the way she spoke got a bit annoying and all of the "GAWD" etc but maybe its just me, i'm not American, maybe this is how some American's talk...?

I don't think I liked this more than Cutting Loose but I certainly didnt like it any less. Was a great middle book and now next on my list is Playing Dirty and I cannot wait to read Ava's story as I am thoroughly intrigued by Cade Gallari her love interest.
on 20 September 2015