4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable; picky about your desk chair
Like other reviewers I had some issues with installing the back support on one of my chairs. I spend far more hours at my office chair so I tried it there first and at work the chair back was a combination of too long, a thick rounded back and the adjustable arms got in the way to secure it properly; having it slip up and down reduce the benefit.

At home I have...
Published on 14 Jun. 2011 by Chris Hoare

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems fitting onto chairs & uncomfortable
Published on 28 July 2011 by father2

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems fitting onto chairs & uncomfortable, 28 July 2011
This review is from: Fellowes Professional Series Mesh Back Support with Tri-Tensioning (Office Product)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Because a person in our home suffers with back pain and works from home, improving seating has become a priority. We thought that this would prove ideal and a way of improving an existing chair at an economical price. But when one thinks that this is only a back rest it is still pricy. We tried it on a number of chairs, but most it didn't fit and those where we managed to get it to fit, it did not provide the desired help at all. After a very short while it became very uncomfortable. As a result of our experience with this back rest we have decided not to take any more half measures and seek out a proper chair designed to provide the support this back support claims to provide.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable; picky about your desk chair, 14 Jun. 2011
Chris Hoare "Chris" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

At home I have a wider mesh style chair that lacked the lumbar support that this offers. At home it was easy to install and the near flat back of my mesh chair allowed for a quick and secure installation. My biggest problem is that I have a relationship with my desk chairs; they get adjusted over time into a comfortable position and you both work together to make things as good as possible. Knowing that i had a comfortable seating position before I started i have held off sending my review in on this for a few weeks. At first I found the new position unsettling; but over time I have gotten used to new position and the flexing of the backrest when i lean back. I definitely appreciate the additional lumbar support this provides; the more expensive model offers more shoulder support too which might be of interest.

If it works with your chair you may find it a great comfort enhancer.

4.0 out of 5 stars back support, 6 Jan. 2014
I chose this back support because my chairs have no support. I like this as it gives me support if it remains on the chair!
It tends to move around as i do not have anything at present to attach it to. The chair is not quite the right size but good enough if i move it every so often to fit my back in support. The strings could be more firmer - or something similar to stop it moving around whatever chair you may have. Nevertheless it fits the purpose for the present.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... was delovered on time and not damaged and is better than nothing, 4 April 2015
I have put this is OK as it was delovered on time and not damaged and is better than nothing. That said it can be uncomfortable. I am not sure if this is a fair comment as my back problems are mainly lower back however I cant seem to find a position that doesnt eventually cause discomfort. I am changing the position every couple of hours to make it work. As a back support my expectation is you should not have to do this but again maybe my expectation is too high.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item all in all, 17 Aug. 2014
Chris K. (Burghausen, Bayern) - See all my reviews
This does just what it says on the tin, at a good price. The mesh helps a lot with heat when working on a canvas chair (mesh chairs are much, much more expensive) on hot days, and the movable lumbar support perfectly compensates for my chair's deficiencies in that area. One star off because the plastic hook and rod system that attaches the lumbar support is ridiculously flimsy, and a bit of a pain in the rear to fiddle with.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth The Money, 4 May 2013
I had hoped that by spending a lot more on a mesh back support I would get a better quality one.
I was mistaken, this is only marginally better than a £5.99 version from ebay and it was almost 6
times the cost of the ebay version. Save yourself money, this is not worth £30.00 very similar available
for around 5.00.

2.0 out of 5 stars fortunately Amazon stepped in to help, 4 Dec. 2014
not of any use to me as unable to try before committing to buy , fortunately Amazon stepped in to help , please be sure to try this in a shop before buying, certainly will be good for some people but not me

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for home working, 20 Nov. 2013
L. Mcbride (London) - See all my reviews
This saved me from having to buy an office chair for working at home. It fits over my victorian dining room chair and has helped my posture and reduced aches and pains after spending a day at the laptop.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy reasonably, 12 Aug. 2013
Joao Pedro Silva (Torres Vedras, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This model will be able to help only slightly when sitting in a chair.
Don t work on all chairs, only in small or normal
Loose from the chair with some ease.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Choice, 28 Mar. 2013
I use it at work in the office and it does as it says. Unfortunately I can't use it in my car which is a shame so I need to look at something else.