Style Name: Jigsaw|Change
Price:£10.89 - £38.00

on 19 November 2013
I thought that I would 'splash out' ( forgive the pun) and buy a plush gel filled mouse pad as a like for like replacement for one that I had pinched from my wife, but nearly had a heart attach when I realised it was going to cost me nearly £13.

I choose this style as the mouse mat looked glossy and interesting in the picture, but having received it,in reality it looks quite cheap and dull. In hindsight I should have stuck to my guns and gone for a cheaper one, never mind, we live and learn!
VINE VOICEon 26 April 2011
Style Name: Tropical Beach|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
After hacking my way into this mouse mat/wrist rest with a knife and a pair of sissors, I eventually managed to put it onto the desk - quite an achievement given the packaging!

I like it. I'm used to an ordinary gel wrist rest and this mat (of course) takes up more room on the desk, but the gel pad is quite comfy and has a quite realistic and pretty picture of a pale blue tropical ocean. The mat works well with my optical mouse and showed the tropical island, sunshine and deep blue sky.

All in all, a comfy replacement to my (boring) gel mouse. I like it.
on 7 December 2012
Bought this to replace one that mysteriously disappeared. My previous one was also a Fellowes but just a plain black one. This new one is okay but the gel wrist support doesn't seem to be as high as the old one. Still provides good support and seems to keep my carpal tunnel symptoms at bay.
VINE VOICEon 6 June 2011
Style Name: Tropical Beach|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've had many mouse mats over the years. Always stuck to those cloth covered foam ones as they're generally so cheap, which is just as well given how often they fall apart! So I was intrigued to try out this gel support pad by Fellowes.

The mat is made from gel, however the mat part (where the mouse is) is textured - my optical mouse works just great with it and I'm assuming the same would be true with a mechanical mouse due to the textured surface. The whole mat stays put on the desk, no slippage whatsoever!

The gel wrist support is perfectly sited and whilst I didn't think that I had encountered any wrist strain with the regular mats I've always used, this does feel a lot more comfortable.

The only down side, is the price. Personally, I wouldn't pay this much for it, or any mouse mat (unless it could make and bring me tea too!) but for those that would, this is very pretty, perfectly designed mouse mat, possibly a must for anyone who would really benefit having their wrist supported.
on 10 March 2014
This mouse pad is only satisfactory in that it raises the wrist higher than the natural posture would be without one. Sadly this is not enough to be effective as a wrist support as the gel sinks lower than a comfortable level, but the graphics are lovely.
VINE VOICEon 3 May 2011
Style Name: Tropical Beach|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the most comfortable mouse mat I have ever used. The wrist support works wonderfully well in supporting and cradling your wrist whilst not restricting your mouse movement - this is particularly important for gamers. Plus it stays rock steady on the desk - it won't move a millimetre while you're using it.

But, oh the packaging! Almost amputated a finger trying to get into it. One of the very worst completely-glued-down, intransigent plastic coverings I have yet met. Nightmare.

Pretty & peaceful picture too, for those who like that kind of thing. ;-)

Mousing comfort for hours on end. Recommended.
on 14 January 2015
This mat is not at all like the picture like the picture. The picture is very dull and looks worn. The wrist rest (the main reason for purchasing) is not as thick as I thought it would be and it is a little hard for me.
on 26 December 2014
Far darker than it looks in the photo. The gel part is comfortable, but I had bought it for the bright colours in the hope it would brighten the desktop. It is still a nice print, and good quality mouse pad.

Edited to say - less than 18 months later the gel part began to leak a thick goo like substance. I had not pierced it with anything so I assume it was the quality. I would not buy this again,
Style Name: Tropical Beach|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This mouse mat certainly brightens the desk and superficially it's well designed. The underside is extremely slip resistant so the mouse mat is not going to move around your desk. It also provides support for the wrist and ascetically the support is where the sea area is on the mat giving the impression of looking through water.

However, I found the mat took some getting used to and am not sure I'd replace it with a standard mouse mat. My wrist is not particularly strained through using my mouse and the support is large! More importantly perhaps is that although the mat is quite large - and indeed takes up more desk space than a standard mat - the area for moving the mouse on is relatively small and a found it did not provide sufficient room to move the mouse as I'd like.
on 2 July 2013
/very nice item, great surface for the mouse to move over. The only niggle is that the gel support is a bit thinner than the picture suggests (and is thinner than other Fellowes gel pads that I have purchased in the past). I purchased a second 'reef fish' mouse mat and this one was thin too, so I would say that they are all like that. Does the job though - very comfortable to use, even for long periods at a time.

See one answered question