5.0 out of 5 stars Just fantastic
Published on 10 Oct. 2011 by big movie fan

3.0 out of 5 stars Thermos Stainless Steel Food Jar
Love colour, size I got that wrong my fault :( Delivery was very long.... product hard to open when hot food is in it.
Published on 28 Oct. 2011 by Aoife

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fantastic, 10 Oct. 2011
big movie fan (Bolton, Lancs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thermos Stainless Steel Food Jar, 290ml, Pink (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this as I travel around alot for my job and wanted to be able to take healthy hot food to work. (Currently on the weightwatchers so this is very important). Anywho today I heated a can of tomato soup and added some pasta at about 7.45 am. I ate the food at 12pm (4 hrs later) and the food was still hot (not warm but hot). Any hotter and I would have had to blow the food to cool it down! I am so impressed. The trick is to boil some water and leave this is the container for about 15 min before you add the food (I got this tip from a review on amazon - so thanks to them). I also heated my food on the hob so that it was consistently hot. I am very impressed I think I will get another so that cleaning is easier! (If you want pasta in your soup I recommend you cook it to al dente because it had gone a bit soft by 12 am.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic alternative to school dinners!, 9 Dec. 2011
Due to the cost of school dinners, I persuaded my daughter to take a packed lunch instead. I felt extremely guilty as she enjoys a hot dinner at school so I bribed her with a tasty home made hot menu, first mistake with this was the Asda wide flask that I bought - rubbish!

I read the reviews for this food jar and took the plunge and bought it, it is very expensive but it's paid for itself already, I make my daughter hot pasta dishes, potato hash, soups etc. and it all stays hot until dinner time. It fits nicely into her lunch bag with plenty of room for a drink, bread, chocolate and fruit, there is nothing that has stained it and it does not have any lingering smells no matter what food is stored in it.

It is virtually indestructable, it could quite easily stand a good kicking around a dinner hall floor without being damaged or spilling it's contents - have no worries about your little one dropping it.

4.0 out of 5 stars For eating something warm at school, 8 Feb. 2013
Very useful for putting inside something hot that allows my daughter to eat something warm at school.
It was perfect if it was just a bit bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars bookworm, 6 April 2011
Excellent. Perfect size for children. Great for pasta, soups and things like tin of spagetti. Fits great into the lunch box. Allows the children to have a change from sandwiches every days. Would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 27 May 2011
J. Bower (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Great size for 1 year-old's meals. Keeps the content nice and hot for most of the day.
Only drawback is that you are not supposed to submerge the unit when washing - which is a bit awkward but nothing major.
Top tip - remember to fill it with water to soak after use to help get rid of the stubborn food

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 12 Dec. 2011
Good size and quality. Although great for a gift would suit most purposes. It is just the right size to fit inside a hand bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 28 Oct. 2012
Excellent for soup & hot food for the school lunch box. Ensures an alternative to just a sandwich, especially in cold days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 19 Oct. 2012
My daughter said "my food is not cold anymore daddy"! Just what i needed...worth every penny...good things are not cheap! lol

3.0 out of 5 stars Thermos Stainless Steel Food Jar, 28 Oct. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 18 Oct. 2011
My daughter assures me that the hot food I put in is still nice and warm when she eats it more than 4 hours later. So it works. It also keep food cool. If I were to change it, I would make it less bulky (which would probably mean it didn't work so well)

Thermos Stainless Steel Food Jar, 290ml, Pink