on 24 July 2013
Got this on lightning deal for fifteen quid - with weedkiller so expensive nowadays, I thought that wasn't too bad. I must admit that I didn't think it would do ever so well, because of the mixed reviews here on Amazon - and being of the older generation, I am used to the (non-available) stuff that used to work - sodium chlorate for example.

Anyway, I mixed a couple of sachets into just over two litres of water (in a pump sprayer)... gave it a good shake, a good pump and away I went. To make it more directional, I had to have it spraying a little more than I wanted to, so the two litres didn't last that long - but I still got plenty done.

I was mostly trying to tackle the infamous "red weed" we all get - you know, the one that looks a bit like clover leaf, but has little yellow flowers... and it spreads like widfire (by seeds that "pop" everywhere, and running stems that run underground everywhere. I think it is a type of OXALIS. I was also after the speedwell and nettles.

Nothing much happened for a week or so - but I must have got lucky. After application, there was no rain, so it had a good chance to work - and work it certainly did.

I did a second round on all the other red weeds in the path cracks and along the building line (and everwhere else)... and the same thing has happened. Worked a treat. But it is slow to do so, so be patient.

Thanks... David
on 28 June 2011
This product killed everything it came into contact with - but it takes time. Nothing seemed to happen for the first week or two - except to grass which goes brown pretty quickly. THe other weeds were dead after 3 weeks - so patience is needed unlike the old sodium chorate which acted very quickly.
on 7 April 2013
This arrived quickly and is easy to use - just put a sachet into your sprayer with 1 litre of water.
I have got rid of a lot of ivy and brambles (over a period of 6 months) using this product.
on 26 April 2014
We treated some Japanese Knotweed on land behind our house using this product. We sprayed the plants when they were in flower. There is a huge expanse of the knotweed. In the last week I've been out to survey how it is doing (now that we are in the next year and it is time for the new years growth). Where we managed to spray there is virtually no new growth (just the 'old' dry stems from last year), the only new growth is stubby little shoots about a couple of inches high. The parts that we could not reach have new growth that is already head height!!! So for me this is conclusive proof that this product worked!

This year, I am treating it early on in the growing year. I have bought some blunt end syringes, usually used for crafting, and I am syringing the weed killer directly into the stems (which is actually really very easy to do on the hollow stems). I was worried about the volume of spraying needed and the effects of the product blowing back on us (and killing all other vegetation in it's path). I plan to treat the whole area or knotweed, which is about the size of a tennis court, it may take a couple of years, keep going back and checking how it comes back year on year, but I am more confident that I can beat it eventually, thanks to this product!

2015, we are definitely slowly, but surely, getting rid of the Japanese Knotweed!!! We are in year 3, the front line that we sprayed the 1st year has not come back at all this year (so that had 2 years worth of treatment in total). The only problem being the knotweed has spread in the meantime (further back, away from our first year front line attack - although we underestimated how much there actually was - I'd say it's the area of a football pitch), this year we are painstakingly treating the whole area. We have already been out twice this year, we leave 2 weeks between applications, you can see which bits you got the first time after 2 weeks, as the leaves start to turn yellow and stops growing. This product really does do the trick and I would highly recommend it!
on 1 November 2012
Worked well - quick and easy way to clear rough ground prior to digging. In the area I was clearing the only thing that survived was ivy. If you've got a large area to cover the satchets seem to be the cheapest way to apply Glyphosate. I found a sprayer gave far better coverage than a watering can.
on 19 April 2014
This is great for clearing patches of unwanted 'greenery'. I have used it to clear the allotment of weeds and grass while I started to dig the first bed over. It works quicker the warmer the weather is and it biodegrades when it touches soil which means once the vegetation has died down you can dig over and plant straightaway. Coming in sachets means itis easier to use and store.
on 5 July 2012
Does the job.
I wanted to be organic, yet those Scottish weeds defeated me. I will use this product until I get the worst under control.
on 23 October 2012
Glyphosate worked a treat for the weeds. Will use next year if they appear again .Can certainly reccomend this item Thank you.!
on 13 April 2014
this is a strong weed killer that better than normal weed killer it attacks roots of the plants and takes 5 to 7 days to kill weeds when dead will not come back. normal weed kill just burns the tops weeds quickly to come back again. this is good for pathway weeds and large areas to control.
on 28 May 2014
Wow! This is so much more powerful than the ready made stuff.

Each sachet is mixed with one litre of water, then sprayed on whatever plant you want to kill. A week later and they're dying.

I used this to combat a wave of ground elder in my garden. My neighbour never bothers with her garden and so it had eventually spread to mine. I used this in a pressure sprayer to cover the most area in the least time.

A week after spraying, the weed was being to die off. A month later and whatever was sprayed has either died or has not grown any further. The prevented growth hasn't been able to flower, so therefore cannot spread.

As glyphosate is systemic, it attacks the roots - very important for getting rid of weeds. This means that even the new growth of ground elder - of which there has inevitably been some - is coming up rather yellow and sickly looking. Excellent!

A few notes of caution though - wear a mask as this stuff is strong, wear eye goggles because if the wind suddenly picks up it stings, and this stuff will kill everything it touches, not just weeds.