4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, old school shooter. Bugs patched but ending a bit abrupt
When Rage first came out most of the anger it evoked was for the graphical bugs that plagued the PC version (my own included).

I am pleased to say subsequent patches seem to have sorted that and you should get a bug free experience if you play it now.

The game itself is simple and fun. It is a very good shooter from the makers of Doom.

It...
Published on 21 Feb 2012 by Komerade Snowflake

2.0 out of 5 stars Completely dull
How disappointing... I was expecting way more from the guys who invented the first person shooter genre. What we have here is what feels like a hollow, shallow and cheaper version of Fallout 3 with some Borderlands thrown in.

Graphically it looks stunning (when you finally get it working smoothly, lots of bugs and compatibility issues) But beyond looking...
Published on 20 Oct 2011 by K. Johnson

‹ Previous | 18 9 10 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Rage play, 7 Nov 2011
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I read a lot of forums about this product before purchase and was expecting a lot of hassle to get it working but after updating my video driver to the latest that ATI had to offer the game installed and ran perfectly. (I do have a high spec machine) The game itself is superb, great game play, great graphics and lots of variation. Having finished it I am now going back in to try to play all the extra bits i skipped before like the mail delivery and more races etc., In my opinion this is a top class game, GET IT NOW.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rage, 30 Jan 2012
Colin Keogh "keoghcf" (ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
i really enjoyed rage, more so than any game I have played in a long time, im just over half way done now and it never crashed once. When I bought it i immediately updated all drivers for my laptop from the vendors sites and all has been good. I like the story very much and have completed all missions on the notice boards in town, i also like to play cards in the casino

4.0 out of 5 stars Game so so, 27 Nov 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Good game but have some bugs (such as low-resolution texture), partially addressed by the latest patches and driver updates.
The main quest ends quickly in fact the ending is not the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars rage, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
one of the best shooter games for a lomg time. Graphics and effects are excellent as are comms.
I would rate this game as excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!!!, 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game for me works perfect. Graphics is fantastic!!! Gameplay aswell
I realy enjoy this game but could be more longer, more mission. I recommend all lovers fps and rpg.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game - miss the deathmatch though, 31 Oct 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game got a lot of hype, which coming from the Grandfather of all fps games, id software, could be expected. And if I try to look past the hype and give it an open-minded review:
Pros:
State-of-the-art graphics, with good art work.
Good bad guys and mutants, good AI.
Entertaining enough story.
Racing element well integrated.
Cons:
3d engine has a bit limited feel to it.(e.g. you can jump, or climb, over almost nothing, I think today's engines should have more)
I, personally, like on-line deathmatch playing, which I miss here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rage Finally playable!, 8 Oct 2011
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
With the latest drivers and patches installed Rage is simply a gaming masterpiece. Spend the time to soak in the games stunning scenery and immerse yourself in games atmosfear, you will be rewarded with a rich world that has been clearly crafted with love and care.

The game mechanics are all there to, so its not just a pretty picture.There are so many well constructed elements to this game that work so well. You must try this game, if like me you wonder why so many reviews were so critical of Rage i can only guess that the reviewer (or players) rushed though the game to reach its conclusion, missing out on all the great detail that has gone into this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars MIXED, 8 Oct 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I considered this a must have premier purchase.However on my decent high end PC that plays everything else no bother,it wont play at all.It takes about 4hrs to download being a massive 25GB!.Ive asked Steam for my money back.In the meantime ive bought the PS3 version and although ive only played it 3hrs i already think its one of those games i wont be able to put down.It reminds me very much of my all time favourite Borderlands,perhaps without the humour and the cartoony graphics but the game does have its own ambience and i keep stopping in game to enjoy the superb detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant game, 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Seems like a few folks on here are not too keen on this game but for me I consider it one of the best games I have played in many a year. It's not unlike Far Cry 2 but in a more futuristic setting and the gameplay is brilliant, fps meets driver with quests to solve along the way.

It's a massive game though, requires 25g of hard drive and took me over an hour to load up (3 dvd's). I have a pretty average gaming pc wth a nVidia gts250 graphics card and the game runs very smoothly. You also need a Steam account to play.

All in all I consider Rage to be one of the best games ever with many hours of excellent gameplay.

2.0 out of 5 stars ok game, 17 Oct 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
game graphics are great but the limitations on settings changing on the pc version sucked a bit game too much like fallout in my opinion got board after a few days

‹ Previous | 18 9 10 | Next ›

RAGE (PC DVD)
RAGE (PC DVD) by Bethesda (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
6.53