on 21 February 2011
These were bought to hold a pair of Mordaunt-Short Aviano XR Speakers, which are not only heavy but very deep, relative to their width. They are perfect for the job. The price reflects the quality: I'm happy to say that these units (which come as a pair) are extremely well made and come with everything that you could reasonably expect including all the required wall fixings - (you'll have to provide your own drill, 8mm masonry drill bit, and wall.)

If you were searching for brackets for the sort of speakers typically included with all-in-one home cinema systems - lightweight units with a keyhole hang-up slot in the back - then really, these brackets would be overkill. You can find more suitable smallish, lighter duty multi-angle brackets elsewhere for quite a bit less. An example would be B-Tech's own BT33, although other alternatives are available of course.

If, however, you need to wall-mount serious, heavy, high-power 'bookshelf' type speakers which are basically just rectangular boxes with no overt provision for wall mounting (no keyhole slots, no threaded holes, no protruding bolts) then these units are ideal. The weight of the speakers rests mainly on a posable horizontal 'table' and further security is provided by two sliding side clamps which move inwards to grasp the sides of the speakers - not the front, so speakers with curved fronts or grilles extending all the way to the lower edge will fit just fine in these brackets.

The minimum/maximum speaker widths the clamps can accommodate are 135mm - 280mm, and the maximum load capability is 25Kg.

The length of the support arm from the table pivot to the face of the wall bracket is 135mm, so if you place your speaker with the centre of its base squarely over the pivot point, the maximum speaker depth (front-back) would be about twice that (270mm) - that's if you position the speaker with its back perfectly parallel to (and right next to) the wall. Any offset mounting angle would require the speaker to be less deep. Of course, you don't have to place the centre of the speakers's base directly over the pivot - it's up to you just how far forward (within the clamps) you choose to place the speaker, within reason.

The inner faces of the clamps are provided with neoprene strip cushions to aid grip and avoid cabinet damage - only in extreme cases (ie, very high vertical tilt angle) would you want to use small wood screws to secure your speakers in the brackets, but they are provided anyway just in case you do.

When the brackets are assembled and mounted, the screws holding the brackets on the wall are covered by a smooth overall cover so they are not visible - and the nut which locks the posable section in position is also provided with a soft push-on cover to keep everything looking neat. These cosmetic finishing parts are the only parts made from plastic - everything else is heavy metal.

If you are installing a full surround system, then consider also buying the BT15 centre speaker bracket kit from the same manufacturer - just as good.

Mine came from Keene (Via Amazon) - arrived quickly and brand new, boxed.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 27 April 2013
These speaker brackets are great value and sturdy, with fixing holes that allow for fine millimetre adjustment before final tightening.

HOWEVER chuck away the supplied screws! Grab a pack of a good brand wood screw or masonry hammer fixing from your local hardware place. The supplied screws are cheap and nasty no-name rubbish with combination slotted/phillips heads that you can't get a decent grip on, and if you manage to drive them in the head snaps off causing untold grief.

Buy your own screws and/or hammer fixings to suit what you're fixing them to, and you'll be fine.
on 1 October 2014
Excellent. Made an enormous difference to my speaker's sound. Genuinely! Used with pair of KEF Q300. Definite buy!

Tip: Use blu tack to isolate the speaker fully from the bracket base -improves sound.

Do, though nobody likes doing it, use at least one of the provided self tappers to anchor the speaker to the stand. It won't do the speaker any harm and may prevent a speaker from falling should your clamps loosen with time.

Check clamp torque every so often -bass vibrations could loosen them.
on 13 December 2013
Easy to install, very sturdy, look great, quick delivery, all in all very happy with them. Honestly can't fault them. Just check how much space you need from your ceiling once the speakers are on the brackets before you start drilling, otherwise you'll end up having to reposition them like I did. It was my own fault though, nothing to do with the brackets
on 24 June 2013
As soon as you open the box you can tell that this is a solid, high quality item. In fact, if you are looking to mount small, light speakers on the wall there are cheaper brackets available that will do the same job. However, if you have some serious weight to handle then these are what you need.

The brackets are not difficult to fit, but it will pay you to take your time and give it some thought. I agree with some of the other reviewers who say that the supplied screws and rawl plugs are a bit lightweight. I replaced them with some of my own for peace of mind.

It is advisable to mount the brackets to a brick wall or find a wooden stud in plasterboard. If you are thinking of hanging heavy speakers they will fall down if you fix to the plasterboard. My speakers are Q Acoustics 2020i's, with sides that curve towards the base. Although this was not a problem for me, that was only because I wanted them mounted flat. If I had wanted to tilt the speakers downwards I would have had to screw through the clamps into the sides of the speakers as there is not a lot for the clamps to grip on to. They look like they would be fine with square sided speakers.

I think these brackets are excellent value for money, and they look really smart when in place. Recommended!
on 10 November 2012
These B-Tech BT77 speaker wall mounts were really easy to install using my basic DIY tools and skills. You need to ensure that you use appropriate fixings. The BT77s were very solid on the wall and easy to adjust. I like the way the fixing screws are all hidden by the cover plate.

I was confident in mounting my heavy (12kg) speakers which measure 10 x 10 x 22 inches. The brackets and speakers were mounted and adjusted within an hour. To avoid cosmetic damage to visible parts of the speaker I didn't put screws though the side brackets into the speaker. While you can tighten the side brackets sufficiently to prevent the speaker sliding off the mount, I did put a screw through the hole in the base plate into the speaker base to provide extra security and stability: this enables me to tilt the speakers fully forward without any worry that they will slide off and this arrangement appears adequate for this size of speaker.

I'd certainly buy these BT77s again if I was looking for a quality, functional speaker wall mount. For the price they are excellent.
on 9 March 2013
Looked around for a while to find some decent speaker mounts for less than £50, decided after reading other reviews and seeing the price drop to £28 these were worth a punt for my Mordaunt-Short 902s.

When receiving the parcel I was surprised at the small box they came in! I opened it up to find 4 main pieces for each bracket and some smaller nuts/bolts/screws etc in a little packet. It was all quite obvious for how to put them together, I didn't even open the instructions.

Just to quickly sum up the construction of these brackets, the wall plate is 3mm plate steel, with a piece of box section steel about 15mmx40mm welded on the plate. Then there is a plastic cup which goes on the end of the arm to support the speaker clamp and enable angle adjustment. Although plastic, the end cap seems strong and I have wound the nut and bolt holding it all together very tight and it shows no signs of breaking. To finish it off there's a plastic cover for the wall plate and a cap for the bolt head underneath.

The piece that actually supports the speaker clamps the sides of the speaker, using a screwdriver to bring the clamp together. Quite considerable force can be applied and using the supplied foam/rubber pads I can't see ever needing to put a screw through into the sides of your nice speakers. I have mine at the steepest angle and I I think the bracket would come off the wall before the speakers slip out of these clamps. Maybe if your speakers are near the 25kg limit it would be worth using screws but I'd think if the speakers are really that big and heavy they'd be better off on floor mounts.

There are only 2 things I think could be improved upon:

Firstly the plastic cover for the wall plate just seems to sit there, I'd prefer it to "click" in place. It doesn't really matter because it's probably never going to be touched but if it were to be knocked it would move forwards away from the wall.

Secondly as another reviewer has mentioned there are no holes in the wall plate/plastic cover to facilitate wiring coming out of your walls. I don't think this warrants losing a star as how many people actually install their wires into the walls? And if the manufacturer did put a hole it might look strange for the majority of people that wouldn't be using it. If you've put in the effort of getting cables in your walls, drilling a small hole in this bracket isn't going to be difficult for you!
on 22 February 2014
I found these wall mounts easy enough to install. The screw hole pattern on the wall plates is staggered which keeps things good and solid. With the screw covers installed they look classy and simple, not industrial.

There are screw holes to secure the sides of the speakers but I opted for the rubber pads that are included. I've got some classic old MS20i's mounted on them and didn't want to make holes in the sides. The clamp mechanism uses left and right screw threads to tighten it up - I simply made sure to mount the speakers slightly back heavy.

The speakers have been clamped to the walls for 3 or so months now and all is good with no movement whatsoever.

The swivel range is excellent. My speakers have a footprint of about 20cm x 20cm so I reckon these would handle up to around 25x25cm without the back or sides of the cabinets catching on anything.

Most importantly - the sound quality of the speakers is greatly improved over shelf mounting them.

I would definitely buy this product for another pair of speakers.
on 12 February 2013
A few years ago i bought speaker brackets on Amazon, they were b-tech (glad to say they have been discontinued) and i used them to set a set of B&W 685's to my back wall, as part of home cinema. I was never happy with them and if you touched against them the speaker would 'droop' and it was awkward to tighten them again.

Last year i bought the B-Tech BT77 for monitor audio bronze bx2 speakers i was about to mount in my kitchen. However that project was delayed and at christmas i decided to replace the old B-tech brackets in the living room with these, the BT77.... brilliant move!

These brackets really are fantastic, look well and rock solid. I think the house will fall down before these speakers will and the 685 are very heavy.

The reason i am writing this review after a year is because i am about to purchase a new set of Bt77 for the project that is about to be restarted in my kitchen.
on 21 September 2012
These brackets do exactly what is required and support a pair of Alesis monitors no problem. My only criticism is that the shiny plastic covers for the bracket to cover the screws fixing them to the wall were not a positive fit and had to be "glued" on with silicone mastic. If I hadn't done that they would have rattled - overall though a good buy and rock solid.