4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and very breathable waterproof
Functionally, this is a very effective waterproof that will certainly keep out the rain but remain very breathable as well - the lack of clamminess (when compared to many products that are labelled as breathable) is really noticeable when you have this on. Actually, I expect it will perform as well as if not better than many waterproofs sold at twice the price...
Published on 5 Jun 2011 by A. Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars manufacture of jacket
Jacket described as having an inside zipped pocket. There was no pocket just a flap of material.
Jacket had not been properly finished.
Published 11 months ago by sarah beston

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and very breathable waterproof, 5 Jun 2011
A. Hill "aic_hill2" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

In terms of size and features it is loose-fitting (although I am quite lightly-built) and long enough to cover your trouser pockets and crotch. There is some ambiguity in the description about whether velcro or press studs are used but the one I received mainly uses the latter (which is for the better, I think). It's no fashion statement and isn't as closely cut or lightweight as more expensive waterproofs (it's pretty shapeless and with the hood folded away the collar is quite bulky) but as it isn't really intended to act as an insulating layer you would want to wear something underneath it anyway. There are three pockets, one of which is inside the chest and can just fit an OS map, for example.

Regarding the noise (commented on in another review), I wouldn't say it's any noisier than most other waterproofs but as such probably isn't suitable for hunting?

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and is good value, 25 July 2012
David M. Grinter "dmgrinter" (London, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this jacket as I now do 10,000 steps a day walking come rain or shine and needed a light waterproof jacket that wouldn't make me perspire in the summer. I am very pleased with the quality of the Highland Tempest Jacket which has proved to be exactly what I was looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars tempest waterproof, 22 Oct 2011
a good fitting jacket with room to wear additional clothing below if weather is colder has 3 good sized pockets very good value

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good waterproof jacket, 2 Jan 2013
I wanted a good waterproof jacket and this is it, I highly recommend this jacket for our country as it never stops raining .

5.0 out of 5 stars Mystery of the pocket/flap solved., 5 July 2014
Darren Hayward (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Highlander Tempest Waterproof Jacket (Sports Apparel)
Excellent jacket. Quite heavy material but that does give you confidence in its waterproof qualities.

Like another reviewer I thought there was no inside pocket, just a flap. I have now realised that the flap is the pocket and the zip to access this pocket is under the main zips storm flap. So you don't have to unzip the jacket itself to access the pocket. Presumably it was done this way in order to limit the number of stitches going through the front of the jacket itself. A good idea now I think about it.
The inside 'pocket' itself is big enough for maps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value,quality jacket., 8 May 2014
If you want something to keep you dry then this is it.Very thick material,and very waterproof.The quality is superb.I bought it for my daughter(small size) for a school water holiday.Spot on.Its rather a bit big for her as it is an adult size i bought,only because i couldnt see anything of this quality in my search.It proved to be what is says it is.Buy it,you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars wrong colour trousers, 27 Feb 2014
ideal for walking the dog! but the trousers that were sent were black and a bit tight when i had requested blue the same as the jacket

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality jacket for the price., 10 Feb 2014
Fast delivery and suitably packaged.The fit is fine and this jacket should last a long time.Very handy for rolling up and placing in a back pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 21 Nov 2013
Cannot say any more than that.

Along with the trousers I bought could not be , more pleased.

PS I can assure you I am not being paid to say this.

5.0 out of 5 stars too big, 8 Aug 2013
P. Iddon (England) - See all my reviews
Hi, bought this for holiday in Scotland in September, I haven't needed to wear it yet. It is nice and roomy, bought the large to be able to wear warm sweaters underneath if needed. I am a size 14 so it is big!