on 3 July 2013
This is a very good ricer which does its job very efficiently. It should be noted however that both hands are required to squeeze the potatoes through the holes. This may sound obvious, but some ricers have a support at both ends so you press down against the bowl or pan with one or both hands on the upper handle, giving you more purchase. For most people this will not be an issue but for older people with arthritus or a muscle weakness in the arms this could be an issue.
Overall it does its job better than most ricers.
on 26 June 2013
Works a treat, no mess spilling over the edges. Basically does exactly what it's supposed to do. I am very happy with this ricer!!
on 16 April 2013
This item is well made but a little difficult to clean thoroughly but the item was well priced and packaged well arrived in good time well pleased. many thanks
on 22 June 2013
This is the first potato ricer I have had. It is large, you could easily mash one potato at a time in this. My only gripe is that whilst it's great it comes with different attachments, not sure why you would need to change them but then I am not a professional, the attachments are not secure so when you lift the handle to put more potato in, the attachment comes with it, a little flick with a knife and it falls back into place. Reading other reviews apparently this is worth the little hassle as opposed to having a smaller ricer. I am happy with it anyway!
on 4 May 2015
Solidly made, large basket and easy to clean, as it comes apart at the hinge, which brings me to my only criticism - the removable hinge pin. It has a tiny plastic cap to prevent the hinge coming out. It fits snugly and is easy to remove, but I can see it getting lost at some point, plus I would imagine it will become loose with time. A much better solution would be a screw-on type cap, like a wingnut.

Anyway, apart from that, this feels and works like a catering-grade item that should last a long time.

UPDATE: 2 months later and after only about 8 uses, one of the spot welds has gone. I'll admit I was pressing quite hard at the time, but in my opinion, it should have survived the incident.

UPDATE: I have a new one (no problems with return, as it comes with a standard 1 year guarantee). I have decided that when treated with sensible care and correct usage, this will probably last. Previously, I put the potatoes through it with the skins still on (albeit cut into quarters). I would not recommend this for 2 reasons: The skins block the holes, making the potato harder to get through and this has the knock-on effect of having to increase the pressure on the mechanism, which could lead to my previous problem of snapping a spot weld.
on 22 November 2012
This is the second potato ricer i have purchased, the first was cheaper but could only fit about 1&1/2 potato's in, a lot came back over the top so forever pushing bits back in. When it broke i decided to spend more for a bigger and better quality ricer, this ricer fits a large amount potatos in, no mesh from potatos coming over the top and perfect mash every time, and easy to clean. Definately recommend the Grunwerg Jumbo Potato press.Grunwerg Commercial Grade Potato Ricer
on 17 February 2014
I read all of the reviews and decided to get one of these. Never had a 'ricer' before so nothing to compare with. My item arrived today and I wanted to try it straight away - making a cottage pie anyway- so took the opportunity to make the mash with it. The positive reviews are all correct - the mash was light and fluffy - nothing like the end product you get by conventional mashing- it tasted so good !! I used onions, sweet and normal potatoes, all boiled together- and the device just blended them all as they went through the grids. I had no problem washing it afterwards - just swilled then put into the dishwasher. I know that I will use this a lot and not just for the obvious mashed spuds - This device is very robust. It can produce very fine threads of pureed cooked veg , soft fruit etc with minimal effort. Great fun and a great price. Brilliant service as well from the seller.
on 31 January 2016
I don't know why it took me so long to discover the existence of potato ricers. I think back to the years I spent trying to mash potatoes with mashers or forks. The size of this means that you can pop a few pieces of boiled potato in at one time, squeeze, chuck in some butter and you've got lovely smooth mash. Yes, you get a few bits along the sides, but you can scape them back in to squeeze through or just mash up those last little bits. It really isn't worth moaning about when you think about the amount of hassle this device saves you.

I have since discovered that it is also really good for mashing avocado for guacamole!

It is very easy to dismantle and clean. You just have to make sure that you put the little rubber piece that goes on to the end of the pin (that holds that two parts of the ricer together) in a safe place when washing and don't lose it. :)

It is bulky, but if you have space for it, it is definitely worth getting.
on 23 November 2013
I am very reluctant to order kitchen gadgets as they usually are a disappointment and end up in a charity box but I am very pleased with this potato masher. It is nice and sturdy and easy to use.I hated mashing potatoes for shepherds pie but now it is an easy task.I chose this particular model because it looked strong and sturdy which it is.
on 6 March 2016
Works great and doesn't bend when using a lot a force. My only complaint is that it could close a little more if the stopper allowed it to. It leaves about 5mm of potato inside after closing it as much as possible.