Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 7 December 2010
I must be fair here, it was with a little apprehension that I pushed play on the latest record from American hard rockers "Hinder."
That's not because I don't like them, but because overall I found their second album rather disappointing when compared to their excellent debut.
I wasn't sure of the direction Hinder would take and after listening to the distinctly average opening two tracks I was beginning to wish I hadn't bothered, thankfully however this is where the negativity quickly ends.
Ballad "What Ya Gonna Do" is their best since "Lips Of An Angel," lighter track "Hey Ho" changes the tone nicely before a couple of other strong ballads appear with "The Life" and "Everybody's Wrong."
Rockers "Waking Up The Devil" and "Striptease" may not immediately appeal on first listen but overall the melodies and solos appear tighter and more controlled than their previous album, working with producer Kevin Churko certainly seems to have helped matters.
I suppose you could describe "Hinder" as similar in style and approach to "Nickelback," the latter of course sell millions of records worldwide despite universal critical grillings accompanying each record, so I don't expect Hinder to disappear from the airwaves anytime soon.
If you new to Hinder in the UK then give them a listen with an open mind, an all American nightmare it certainly isn't but it ain't no masterpiece either.
3.5 stars
on 21 September 2014
Great album every track is actually pretty good, starting to really like this band. Sounds a bit like Aerosmith. Well worth a listen... surprised i've never heard of them before yet Nickelback are everywhere!

Stand out tracks for me are:

2 sides of me
what ya gonna do
hey ho
waking up the devil
red tail lights (my fav song)
striptease (top a couple of listens)
everybody's wrong
put that record on

Overall, really impressed this band is awesome!
on 2 April 2013
Ahhh these boys are another one of my favourites in the music world, HINDER have made some great albums in the years they have been around, first album was exellent with the vocals of Austin their lead singer plus his brilliant guitatrist's who really rift out those tracks for him, Austin's voice is an unusual one because not many artist's can copy it he has a simular sound to nickleback but in my opinion Austin's is slightly better in the sense of hearing every song clearly, nothing wrong with Chad's just i perfer Austin's voice to his, Anyways this album for me i would say has been the best one, it's heavier with more guitar solo's yeah i'd say All American Nightmare is his heaviest song but the others are just as good & heavy :P
Now for the album just pure class like always Hinder never dissapoint ;)
on 20 October 2012
Have to be honest the cover artwork caught my eye with this album, and am I glad about that this is a must buy for anyone who loves rock music Hinder play rock music like it should be played and are now on my bands to collect list, but if you just buy one this one comes highly recomended.All American Nightmare
on 7 July 2012
WOT A FANTASTIC ALBUM.I FIRST HEARD ALL AMERICAN NIGHTMARE AS A BACKING TRACK TO SOME DRIFTING MONTAGE ON MOTORS TV.WENT TO YOUTUBE AND ENTERED WOT I THOUGHT WAS THE TITLE,WHICH IT WAS,GOT THE ALBUM TITLE AND ORDERED FROM AMAZON.DONE SIMILAR THINGS WITH DIFF ALBUMS NAMELY SHINEDOWNS AMARYLLIS.GR8.
on 19 July 2012
What a great album! great for listening in the car. really catchy riffs. its good ol' hard rock and roll! not a pop band thats pretending to be a rock band. Austin's voice is very very sexy! cant believe i didnt buy it sooner. x
on 8 March 2011
Another excellent album from Hinder. I have all their previous albums and at first didnt think it as strong but, oh man, does it creep up and grab you! From the rocking title track and opener "2 sides of me" to the exquisite power ballads "What ya gonna do" and "everybodys wrong" it is one glorious album. Not 1 bad track.
Lyrically wonderful. Fabulous guitar work. PUT IT ON AND TURN IT UP!!!!!!!
on 6 August 2011
Hinder like marmite love it or hate it.Ive yet to be dissapointed and I have all their albums. For me its one of those groups that the more you listen the more the tracks grow on you.Not to be played to softly a mixture of well sung ballards and good old rough rock.Their extreme behavior album which I also purchased is also one for the collection and is available at a very good price.ENJOY.
on 15 April 2012
I love 'old' bands. I was brought up on Guns n' Roses, Bon Jovi, Kiss, Motely Crue and all the rest.
My mother has excellent music taste is all I can say.
I've been so fed up of the screamo and emo bands that take up the music scene. You can't turn on a music channel or radio without seeing one. Enough with the tortured expressions and depressing lyrics, give me something decent.
I absolutely adore Hinder. They're a modern band, but they remind me of the legendary older bands that I grew up on in their music and their style.
Sex, drugs and rock n' roll instead of eyeliner and razor-blades.
I love it!
on 6 January 2011
Once again Hinder haven't disappointed me. Big and catchy choruses, ballads, party songs. Still dirty and heartfelt. Pretty much what you'd expect if you know what to expect having listened to their previous two albums. I knocked off a star because it's over all too soon, at just over 30 minutes. This band really should be a lot bigger in the U.K than they are - every song on here is good enough to be a single. Fantastic pure rock music. I am one happy fan, and if you're new to Hinder they can get thousands of happy converts.