5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Brown DVD box set

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing genius
Published on 28 April 2011 by Rt Ginn

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Brown DVD box set, 17 Jun 2010
Davo (West Midlands, GB) - See all my reviews
I purchased this product by reccomendation although the comedians we have today or so called comedians constantly appearing on the television have not made me laugh once, I am a person who likes a good laugh but find it impossible until I came across "Mrs Brown's Box", after putting the first DVD in the player I was in stitches with laughter and tears flowing, I was hooked, my wife and I watched two DVD's each night for four nights running and would still be watching now if there was more. I would recommend this box set anyone who is in need of good entertainment and a good belly laugh, brilliant humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 14 Feb 2010
I bought this DVD after watching a link I had been sent by a friend from You Tube.This is a great dvd to make yer eyes water with laughter!!!I fell in love wi RORY!!! If you fancy a change from American chick flicks or British films then Mrs Brown is a must.I almost feel after watching these 8dvds I'm part of the family............If any of Mrs Browns Boys are reading this.....Love on a Humpback Bridge for Number One!!!!!!!...................Can't wait for Dvd 8 !!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing genius, 28 April 2011
Rt Ginn "wasike" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mrs Brown's Boys - The Original Series (7-Disc Box Set) [DVD] (DVD)
I am forced to agree with Eden.M, I watched Mr's Brown's Bikini Wax on YouTube and nearly pee'd myself laughing, I downloaded the most recent series (I'm getting it on DVD too), and nearly gave myself a fekin hernia, So I got this and was So disappointed. If you have seen the 2010/11 season on the BBC then do not buy this, it is the same thing, the waxing, the raffle tickets, the wedding, granddad's funeral etc. only longer and with fewer jokes (at least it seems that way because this series drags on (excuse the pun)).
This set of DVD seem to be the Prototype, before they ironed it out and made it work, before they put it in front of a live audience and made it the genius piece of comedy that it is today.

1.0 out of 5 stars GUTTED!, 7 July 2011
Loved the tv series, saw the roadshow and thought it was amazing, bought the boxed set on the back of it and was.......GUTTED! The laughs were few and far between, the acting was terrible, there was no atmosphere and the whole thing came over as amateurish and local theatre groupish! This has not put me off watching the new series which is due on BBClater this year, in fact I am really looking forward to it, but I wouldn't recommend this dvd to anyone. It seems it was made right at the beginning of his career and is missing the one-off comments and ad-libs that Mrs Brown is so expert at. Filming Mrs Brown in front of a live audience raised it to another level and I would buy a dvd of the television series in a heartbeat but would advise other Mrs Brown fans to leave the box set in the archives where it belongs!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 25 April 2011
I saw a clip of the latest series of this on Utube and couldn't wait to see more, but sadly this original show just is not the same, it doesn't have the same feel and I turned it off after 10 minutes. Guess I'll wait until the new series comes out later this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, 12 Oct 2010
This is the funniest set of dvds I have ever come across. I read the 2 & 3 star reviews and have come to the conclusion that it must be for Irish humour only. Can't wait for more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the recent BBC version, 26 May 2011
I totally loved the BBC series and couldn't wait to watch these DVDs. Unfortunately not quite as good as the series, seems to be an earlier version, same story lines but not nearly as funny. Still very good though but will buy the BBC version when it comes out as it was ace!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Mar 2011
If you're a fan of the current series being screened by the BBC (the one with the live audience) then you may find this disappointing. What you have here is the original series, it's not as fast paced and it's got a completely different feel to it. While I laughed 'til I cried at the current BBC series I could hardly raise a titter with this release.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't laugh at this, check your pulse!, 15 Jan 2010
C. Macdonald (Ayrshire) - See all my reviews
Do you ever feel life's getting you down, little to genuinely cheer you up? Well how about a box full of laughter, enough to have you laughing out loud, this is just the business. It's about a working class family in Dublin, Mrs Brown, her 5 sons and daughter, O and grandad! It's the best buy you'll make this year....treat yourself to some Mrs Brown, as I said, if you don't laugh, check for a pulse.
ENJOY!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Theraputic!, 16 Mar 2011
L. Coull (Scotland) - See all my reviews
You know, in the midst of awful world events..eathquakes, tsunamis, Lybia, the recession...Scottish football...I find it very healing to turn off BBC News and sit down in the company of Mrs. Brown and laugh my big fat head off. Yes, it's peurile, childish and lavatorial, but it is also extremely funny!

Meh-heeeeeeeeeh!