on 30 September 2011
Very small, extremely lightweight and the graphite matches the kindle exactly.

The arm is highly manoeuvrable so you can get full screen coverage without any reflection hot spots and it tucks neatly around and away when not in use.

It gives out a soft light that doesn't strain the eyes like the harsh light of so many other kindle lights. This is especially useful if you like to hold the kindle fairly close when reading. Also, the bulb is tucked away inside the head so there is less spillage of light and your long-suffering partner trying to sleep beside you in bed is much less likely to be looking up into the bulb. [This warrants five stars on its own!]

It comes with a USB cable for charging but can be plugged into a USB mains adapter (not supplied) if your hubs are already overloaded or, like me, you simply don't read near your computer.

The only downside is that it takes quite a time to recharge but as it has a long "running down" period it gives you a chance to schedule the recharge and at least you're not you're not piddling around, rummaging in the back of drawers, searching for yet another battery.
on 9 October 2011
Firstly, as a reading light, its good, very good. You can read in the dark no problem and you can adjust the angle so there's no glare. Battery life is good, but you do have to remember to recharge it! Fortunately it dies gracefully, you can still read by it for an hour or so even though its a bit dim.
My issue is that after a few weeks use the arm seems to become quite springy and it then becomes difficult to place the light exactly where you want it. With hindsight I'd have gone for the version with the rigid arm.
on 15 November 2011
First of al let me thank Amazon for its service. I received a defective item (light was not recharging), and I got a replacement very soon. I also got back the charges for shipping back the defective item. Note that I live outside UK, so this was not too obvious.

Let me get to the light now. This is a perfect addition to the kindle (even in colour, if you have the graphite one), expecially if you have the habits of reading in bed. It is lightweight, so your arm does not get tired, and the orientable stem permits to direct the light in order to avoid reflexes on the surface of the kindle. The battery charge seems to last a lot. After the first charge I have read at least ten hours and I still have no need of recharging it. Of course you may find cheaper items, the price of these lights is a relevant fraction of the price of the kindle itself, but if you read a lot at least you spare the cost of buying new batteries.
Finally note that the light has the same plug for recharging as the kindle tself, so both can be charged in the same ways. In the packaging you wil find a cable which connects to any usb socket for recharging purposes (no firmware updates for the lamp, thank God!).
on 7 July 2011
Useful rechargable light for Kindle.
It sits neatly on top and has little effect on overall weight or balance of reader.
The light 'arm' is adjustable for the perfect angle without reflection or glare. It also stores away neatly.
Very pleased with it.
on 28 December 2011
Bought this for my partner`s Kindle.
It`s small, extremely light and the flexible arm is really easy to position for no glare.
The arm also packs away into the body of the device so it can be stored very easily.
It`s a bit expensive but a good investment.
on 29 September 2011
Good form function synergy. Clips to top of netbook too so you can see the keys or documents. Well done Amazon Prime and the manufacturer.
on 27 January 2012
I love this item. It is light (in weight !!)and fits onto the kindle very well. It illuminates the page without glare and is very flexible for whatever position you are reading in.Would recommend.
on 25 February 2012
I bought this for my husband's new Kindle and he is delighted with it, and so am I. The light is very good and focussed on the page only, which means I can sleep next to him and not be disturbed by its brightness.
It's very small and won't take any room to pack when travelling, and it's rechargeable, so no batteries to run out. Great item.
on 29 July 2012
I purchased this light to go with a case I bought for my Kindle 6" & it has been amazing!
Here are some +'s that I can think of:
+ It can be charged, so no expensive battery costs!
+ The USB charger plugs into the same plug as my Kindle charger (& allother USB to plug chargers!)
+ It is very lightweight (handy in handbag or when going away in suitcase/overnight bag)
+ It fits snuggly onto my Kindle 6" using the fitting & can also be used with the other type of Kindle with a separate fitting provided!
+ It is so small I can leave it on my Kindle while it is closed in the Marware case I bought as well!
+ Turns on & off very easily with a tiny button on the front, which you can feel in the dark!(handy when reading in bed without lamp etc)
+ Easy to direct the light in a direction that avoids glare*
+ Much better than the Amazon light fitted into the case that I had been about to buy before I saw this!

I'm sure there are a few things I've forgotten! could go on & on about this product all day!

*I'd suggest going easy on bending the light back n forth unnecessarily as the flex-cord does seem to have gotten a little 'floppy' over time, but other than that it's been perfect! I was going to buy another one but I see they don't have it available now, so I hope it hasn't been discontinued!
on 8 April 2012
This is the third kindle light I have purchased and is by far the best. The other two I bought were far too bright - I needed a light that did not disturb my other half and light up the room. The first light I bought was a fixed light and left an annoying white spotlight on the screen when it was switched on.

I like the fact that it is also rechargeable. It has been used heavily this past 7 days (minimum of 6-8 hours per day) since its last charge and is just now starting to need charging again - the light is just beginning to start to dim unlike the first light which simply turned off.

The arm is easy to position to shine where you want it and unlike the previous light I bought it feels like very good quality and I believe will allow many changes and alterations in the positioning. The previous light was lower quality and did not feel it would stand the test of time and heavy usage.