Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 15 September 2009
Tom Petty at his absolute best. Every song is a classic in its own right.
Best enjoyed in an open top car, cruising in the middle of nowhere on a beautiful day!!! (see "Runnin' down a dream")
A timeless CD which will be just as enjoyed in 50 years time as it has been in the past 20.
Punchy, poignant and classy. Few albums will ever surpass this.
Free fallin - all the way to the "most played" in your CD collection.
Pure Genius.
on 7 January 2011
A superb collection of songs and one of those very rare occasions where I can genuinely say that there is not one bad song on this album.

A masterpiece.
on 23 January 2001
Released in 1989, this record ensured that Petty would be ranked alongside his inspirations - Dylan,Mcguinn and Harrison.
FMF contains the same feel as many of the best Byrds albums, updated to sound relevant and meaningful. It also spawned two of Petty's biggest hits - I Won't Back Down and the magical Free Fallin' - my personal favourite track ever !!
on 5 June 2005
Having obtained CD's of "The Traveling Wilbury's; by this I mean Vol 1 and Vol 3, people have attemted to include this CD as a "Wilbury Type CD". In many ways they are correct as it was written ~ 1990, between the 2 great Wilbury CD's. However, it is distinctly Tom Petty, and certainly at his best. One other CD I would recommend here is Tom Petty's "Echo": a sublime production to rank along side this one, if not better.
However, do not be tempted to buy via, say E-Bay or Amazon, a Wilbury's Vol 1,2,3,4. They don't exist: vol 2 is "Full Moon Fever", Vol 4 is a collage of out-takes etc. Buy the originals and you cant go wrong and "Full Moon Fever" is up there with the best.
JD//
on 10 November 2015
I got into tom petty a while ago. I go onto pinterest and I found a old video called a face in the crowd and I loved it then I came across, free falling and last of all I wont back down all on the album called full moon fever so I bought it and I have enjoy it very much the total cost with p and p £1.80 and being true to you it is a treat ok it was made in 1989 so its old but it as roy orbison and del Shannon and produced by jeff lynne of elo fame the case book and disc are like new with no marks on it well worth it a treat to my ears
on 31 May 2011
Whether you have heard of Tom Petty or not , this album will become your all time favourite, regardless of your age or taste in music. It`s fab to drive to, the kids love to sing along to it and it really makes you feel good no matter how crap your day has been. Give this as a gift to someone you love and they`ll be delighted!
on 2 November 2007
and you know why? because there is not a single filler in this record.

Kickin off with Free Fallin' and I Won't Back Down, this is Dylan for the late eighties, fantastically played with simple yet effective guitar.

Face in the Crowd is a highly evocative piece for which any singer/songwriter worth their bread and butter would have sold their mothers for.

Runnin' Down a Dream is the closest thing to an old fashioned rocker and you'll find it impossible not to tap your feet along the chorus line simmilar to Mind With a Heart of Its Own.

I could go on and on about each song in the record, but, suffice to say, Full Moon Fever is one of those albums you can just play on repeat time and again, the music is not complicated, it's just... good. Very good.
I grew up on this album and it is the place where I heard Tom Petty first. This album is light and fun and will have you hooked from the word go. Jeff Lynne's production and co-writing abilities compliment Tom's style perfectly and the album they crafted has become a classic. This has such wonderful tracks as 'Free fallin', I won't back Down', 'Runnin' Down A Dream' and many more. In fact I'd go so far as to say that there isn't a dud track on this album. The slowest track on the CD is 'Face in The crowd' and for sheer melancholy and feeling it can't be beaten. This album may be short but every second is perfectly crafted and you'll never want it to end. You can't go far wrong when buying this CD, you may be bitten by the Petty bug, but boy is that first bite delicious!

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 4 June 2015
I had this CD for ages but lost it when I moved.It's always been a favourite so
when I saw it on sale for a very reasonable price I had to get it.I'm always
confident that the CD's are as new as described at Zoverstocks as I've had
quite a few from them and they are always perfect and arrive on time and
well packaged.Very satisfied.
on 5 December 2013
A chance comment by a family member who loved a version of Free Falling inspired me to revisit this fabulous album. They didn't know anything about Tom Petty or even that he'd written the track. I played them the original and they loved it. This was the sound track to a wonderful summer and it all came flooding back when I heard it again. Running down a dream, with its rolling riff remains the best driving track I know.
Petty is a total original and if you've never heard him start here, you wont be sorry.

Around the same time as this was released he teamed up with Jeff Lynne, George Harrison, Bob Dylan, and Roy Orbison to create the Travelling Wilburys. The album was released just before Roy Orbison passed away. Each member bought their own particular genius to bear but the total is greater than its parts. The album is like no other collaborative project I've heard and each participant is allowed to shine without eclipsing anyone else. The songs are beautifully crafted and its a great way to introduce yourself to each artist if you haven't been there before. Its a joyous collaboration and its song memorable and infectious