5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding
I knew literally nothing of Aloe Blacc before buying this album. Every so often I'll take a punt on something new or unfamiliar just to see of I like it - I have a relatively eclectic taste in music, but do have a soft spot for soul.
I have never been so happy with a purchase. From beat one of 'I need a dollar' this album had me hooked. It was powerful, original and...
Published on 23 Oct. 2010 by R. Keech

3.0 out of 5 stars Stunning soul voice
This man has a fantastic voice and has really nice songs, but the CD doesn't stand out. It's one of those CD's where half of the tracks are amazing, but then the other half is just to fill the CD.
Published on 13 Dec. 2011 by elen4

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 1 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
Really like "I Need a Dollar" but disappointed with many of the other tracks. Overall, not as enjoyable as expected.

3.0 out of 5 stars One Hit Wonder, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
An Ok album bought for the single that was never followed! Will be interesting to see what he does next or doesn't

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE, 10 Jan. 2011
Derek Williamson "northerndel" (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
Look at the cover of this CD, and it could be a Sam Cooke album, listen to the opening lines of "I Need A Dollar" and you can hear the honesty and down to earth tone of Bill Withers. Further into this incredible collection of songs and there are echoes of Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Sam Cooke and so on! You can feel the influence of the great soul singer/songwriters, but it would be unfair to suggest that Aloe Blacc imitates any of these, he has channelled their undoubted musical legacy into his own beautifully crafted album. He sings from the heart and with an honesty rarely heard in modern music. This is displayed beautifully in the opening track of the album, when, out of nowhere he voice jumps an octave to push home the line "....Lord all I need is someone to help me...." and then returns to his velvet/gravel tenor voice, as if it hadn't happened. My heroes are Otis Redding, Al Green, Sam Cooke, The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Sam & Dave, OV Wright and all of those truly great Soul stars..............Aloe Blacc has just joined that list with this truly wonderful collection of songs!

5.0 out of 5 stars New, 31 Mar. 2013
Valentin (Brighton & Hove) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
I recomend this to everyone.good quality and I love this album, is the best album so far. thank you for this ..

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
Great album, I bought it because I liked I 'need a dollar', but the rest was really good. Would reccomended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like It, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
Something quite different. Again bought this cd for just one song but was very pleased with the rest of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good addition to my Aloe Blacc collection!, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
Worth the money, just took me a little longer to get into. A good addition to the Aloe Blacc collection

4.0 out of 5 stars it's more laid back and not as good but still worth having, 14 May 2015
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
bought this after lift your spirit, it's more laid back and not as good but still worth having.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the rest, 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
Bought the album because of the 'I need a dollar' . I like the rest, but it is not outstanding.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 7 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
Bought this cd as I had heard one or two tracks but I think you need to be a real fan.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 | Next ›

Good Things
Good Things by Aloe Blacc (Audio CD - 2011)