Format: DVD|Change

on 18 November 2011
Firstly I am a Russell Howard fan, I thought both `Live' and `Dingledodies' were right up there with best DVD's of their respective years (I'm a Stand-Up geek and tend to watch I'd say at least 80% of each year's offerings.), but this one didn't live up to them. It was 90mins of light entertainment, but none of the laugh out loud moments Howard can normally produce, it really feels like this is a collection of jokes and stories that weren't good enough to make it into the tours of the first 2 DVD's; or with the inclusion of some funny photos on the big screen, and very little audience interaction, a extended episode of `Good News'.

I wouldn't tell fans of Russell Howard to avoid it, but if you know his previous stand-up and not of him just as that guy off mock the week, then don't be expecting the usual A-list material he can produce.
Right Here, Right Now, is Russell Howard's third live stand up comedy DVD and as usual is full of his
zany, energetic and unique style. I have been a fan for quite some time now, and while I like this DVD
and find it worth buying and worth watching, it does seem to lack some of the momentum of his other
material.
Recorded live at the Apollo in Hammersmith in 2011 it seems to be a show of two halves, the first half
are jokes about the state of the world as seen through Russell's eyes, and the second half seems more
like the old Russell, full of sexual innuendo and raucous fun. This is not me being critical so much as
how I observed the show.
Anyway, I liked it, and if you have not got it in your collection it is well worth the money.

Released in 2011
Running Time 90 minutes
With 30 minutes of Extras.
Subtitled in English
review image review image
on 27 March 2014
Loved it, great condition, no problems with viewing, very pleased with it, and for a good and reasonable price !
on 6 April 2014
Again bought as a gift so not sure what it was like but had no bad reviews back on it so must've been good ..xx
on 16 April 2013
Right Here, Right Now typifies Russell Howard's style - very observational, lots of gags about his family, occasional breaks that only add to the experience of watching a live show (on DVD!) and most of all, very funny. No, he's not ground-breaking but he's a great stand-up and I was laughing throughout this, arguably his best live DVD.
on 9 August 2013
Russell Howard it a really good stand up comedian and this DVD don't disappoint .
This young comedian will have you rolling around giggling for a long time.
The re-watch value of this DVD is good as it is just as funny as the first time you see it.
the swearing in this is not over the top as with some comedian's.
on 4 February 2013
Well. it isnt me who is smitten by the charm and wit of Mr Howard, although I do think he is funny. My daughters think that he and Miranda Hart are deities that walk this earth, and who am I to challenge this notion?
on 8 December 2011
Just finished watching this one and I have to say I'm quite disappointed.

I'm a Russell Howard fan, I want Good News every week and I've seen his previous DVDs. This one was essentially more of the same, exactly what you've come to expect from Russell whenever you see him, and it just fell short somehow.

I found myself not paying attention to it a lot, until I was violently drawn back in by the sometimes excruciating shouting that seems to add nothing to the routine.

It was a decent watch and enjoyable enough and if you love him you'll really enjoy it, but it's certainly not up there with the best of the year, not by a long, long way.
on 5 February 2014
This dvd is great, I was pleased with the packaging, fast delivery and accurate product description, post and packaging was reasonable too - would recommend to a friend or family member
on 11 November 2013
This was a present for my daughter's boyfriend - he is away a lot in the middle of the ocean so DVDs keep him amused and sane. He loved this one