1,112

on 9 November 2011
Looks good, smells good, tastes good, feels good, feels good all over my body, RAM, sturdy RAM, quality RAM, value for money RAM. Raaaam.

On a serious note, I can't fault this. Came quickly, arrived in good nick, very sturdy body (the heatsink looks sexy and also acts as an anti static shield of sorts), was very easy to insert. I didn't have to change anything in the BIOS, just crammed it in and away I went.

Definitely recommend this for gaming systems or anything intensive like video production. Very good bit of kit, and very efficient, even without overclocking, though it can be overclocked well too.

For the price, this is extremely good value.
44 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 21 January 2014
Well firstly they arrived well packaged and each memory stick came in it's own little plastic case for added safety. Installation is very easy and simple, simply ensure the computer is turned off at the mains and before you touch anything ensure you have grounded yourself so as to remove any static electricity from you as static kills computer components. A simply way to do this if you don't have an antistatic wristband is to touch any grounded metal object, a metal tap on the bathroom sink usual does the job and ensure A) you don't get wet and B) you check you are static free once in every while.

This Memory by Corsair is part of their "enthusiasts" range so it's meant for Gamers and people who take their computers seriously, there are heat spreader fins which do protrude quite a way so please check your CPU fan does not overhang any Memory slots as you will struggle to install the RAM. While not essential at standard clock rates the heat spreaders do look good and for anyone that likes to show off the inside of their case (as I do from time to time) they do look impressive, if anything they will guard against any excessive heat produced although i have yet to have a problem with any memory sticks in that regard over the past 5 years.

As will all RAM, the installation process is very easy (plug and play), simply ensure the clips either side of the free memory slots are open and push the memory firmly into the slots (they only go one way so match up the little groove underneath). You should hear a click which indicates the clips have popped back into place which locks the memory in the slots. Turning the computer back on and the system will automatically detect the new memory and remember NO software is EVER required for upgrading/installing memory so if your computer doesn't boot properly then the chances are you have bought the wrong memory. I will now list the Technical specs of this memory and ensure your MOTHERBOARD is compatible:

2x4GB - So you will require 2 free memory slots
1600MHz - Motherboards tend to support a range of speeds so check first. Just ensure to match any existing memory (if you are replacing old memory then you are only limited by what the
Motherboard will allow.
240 PIN - Motherboard specific.
DDR3 - Ensure your Motherboard is DDR3 Memory compatible
1.5v - This is the power draw of this specific memory, again check your motherboard specs as it will state what voltages are acceptable.
9-9-9-24 - This is the latency, check what your existing memory is as you want this to match.
NON ECC - Unless you are upgrading an Apple Computer or specific laptop then the chances are your memory will be NON-ECC and make sure any new memory is the same

So you need to check your computer is compliant with ALL of the above specs. Processor compatibility wise, these will work with ANY i3/i5/i7 and virtually any modern AMD chip. They will also work with any existing memory you have regardless of manufacturer provided the technical specs match!! If you have Windows in 32-bit form then the maximum the Operating System will be able to use is 4GB, Ensure you have the 64-bit version of the Operating system before you buy this RAM.

Now some people have said that increasing the RAM makes your computer quicker, technically it doesn't, all increasing the RAM does it to allow the rest of your system (mainly the processor) to work as efficiently as possible which in turn allows your computer to operate at an optimal speed. Will you notice better performance going from 4GB to 8GB? That depends on what you use your computer for, the single biggest improvement you get from adding more RAM is it allows better multitasking to take place so you will find having three programs open while having multiple web pages open is easier for your system to handle. You should also find that web browsers and programs don't crash as often as there aren't any bottlenecks holding the system back!

A question I often get asked (as a computer technician) is... "well if 8GB will make a difference should I go to 12GB or more?" Most people can make do with 4GB of memory and that should suffice for every day tasks, if you do any multitasking or Gaming and hate waiting around when switching between applications then 8GB is probably best suited to you. Unless you do intensive graphical/video editing then 12GB is complete overkill for 99% of people out there.

As for this Memory

PROS: Looks great * Easy to install (plug and play) * 10 year warranty * 1600MHz running off 1.5v is impressive (low power consumption) * At this price point for 8GB you are getting good value for money especially as this is their Enthusiasts Performance range

CONS: Tall heat spreaders so check your CPU doesn't overhang the memory slots

VERDICT: 8GB of DDR3 Performance memory at this price is good value especially as it runs at 1600Mhz (usually they run at 1333Mhz in this price bracket), just ensure all the specs match your system and you're good to go. Anyone who multi-tasks will see an immediate improvement over 4GB, just check the Operating System you are running is 64-bit (you can do that by right clicking on "Computer" in the Menu and then clicking properties)

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask and as for this memory it's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
44 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2011
I wanted the best (I could afford), so, I bought Corsair 'Vengeance' DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, I always prefer to buy from Amazon anyway, as, is there is a problem at any time, they WILL help sort it out, as I have discoverd in the past.

I didn't need a full 16Gb of DDR3 memory really, as I already had 12Gb 1333Mhz already fitted, but, as I didn't want to 'mix and match' I bought the maximum my motherboard would support, this was 16Gb at 1600Mhz, that's 4 x 4Gb modules..... 2 packets of 2 units!

Due to Xmas rush no doubt, the memory did take a full week to arrive, but, it was worth the wait.

You can tell the second you open the packet, it's quality, full stop, beautiful. Very easy to fit, remember, these are matched pairs, so, install each pair (if your bought more than one pair) into same coloured slots, as, it's dual timing, i.e., DDR(x) dual data rate!

Another pointer that might be useful, when I installed mine, it was still running (at the old settings) of 1333Mhz after fitting and several re-boots, .... going into BIOS, it was easy to alter the timing to 1600Mhz I discovered, I presumed it would auto sense the new faster RAM, not the case, although, your motherboard might be different, mine is Asus M4A88TD-V EVO USB3.

There are many many cheaper types of DDR3 memory modules out there now, many with strange obsecure makers names, probably rebranded, but, if you want reliability, and quality, it's better to pay, just that little bit more and get something you know will perform and last ...........
on 23 July 2011
Some good quality RAM here. Comes in simple yet effective packaging. No leaflets or anything, just your two new sticks of RAM in two individual anti-static plastic shells which are both in a cardboard sleeve. Installed in a breeze and are designed to work well with new Intel Sandy Bridge setups. These are the same as the Cerulean Blue sticks, the blue ones are just to match new Intel motherboards which have blue heatsinks etc. I have one of those blue motherboards, but actually think these black sticks complement the design just as much. Either colour is a good choice.
These are a bit more on the premium side of RAM. They do have the performance for the price, but if you are just building an office PC, go cheaper as you don't need the speed or the gigglebits. 8 Gigabytes is even a bit of overkill for gaming where 4 will do nicely. I got these for intense video encoding and 3D graphic design mainly.

If it helps, the relevant parts of my computer are...

ASUS P8P67-M PRO Motherboard (Both RAM and Motherboard are DDR3 only and the Motherboard supports the 1600MHz speed, a match made in heaven.)

Intel i7 2600K (a perfect match for this RAM because of the recommended voltage of 1.5V)

These sticks were used in my first PC build, but worked perfectly and at the rated speeds. I have not tried overclocking as it is potentially damaging in the wrong hands i.e me, but I have read this are designed with overclocking in mind and can be cranked up a fair notch.

I bought mine from the seller KOMPUTERBAY LTD and they arrived in good time and good packaging.

I am happy with these and I know you will be too!
on 13 November 2013
I turned off my machine, took out my previous 2x 2gb corsair ram sticks and put in the new ones. I turned the electricity back on and pushed the power button. The pc booted up but nothing showed on my monitor. Apparently this is a common occurrence because the computer registers the ram as being a different voltage. Turn off your pc again make sure the ram are in slots that worked prior and leave it off for at least 15 minutes. Reboot the pc. Ours turned back on after a few tries, if it really doesn't work people have advised removing the battery for 15 minutes and reinserting it and it should get the pc to recognize the new ram. This is very nerve wracking but very common and we should be thankful we have the internet in our phones now.
Make sure you press del (or whichever button is relevant to your system) to get into the bios. Set the memory to Xtreme Memory Profile 1.
Keep in mind for me I was swapping corsair 9-9-9-24 1600mhz 2gb to the 8gb cards and had this problem. Check your timings as well. You will probably need to load your pc and then let it reboot before you experience your ram at the speeds it should or double check your time settings in the bios. The ram are perfectly fine and appear to be working but I hope this helps anyone that has the same problem.
on 24 June 2011
Just received this. Seems very good so far. No problem overclocking an LGA1155 with this installed.

One slight issue though to be wary off is that the fins project quite high and can interfere with the placement of the CPU cooling unit if CPU is close to memory slots
on 9 June 2011
Bought this ram to replace 4gb of Dominators (1.8v 1600 9-9-9-24) which kept causing bluescreens due to the voltage.
Put them into my Asus Crosshair Formula IV/AMD 1090T build and they worked straight away and have been stable for over 2 weeks.

I did have to increase them to 1600mhz in the bios as they were running at 1333, but the timings were all fine. WEI score of 7.5, went up to 7.6 with a slight CPU overclock to 3.5Ghz.

Just beware of your CPU cooler, currently have a Hyper 212+ which would be a very tight squeeze to get a second set in. Just waiting for Amazon to have stock of the Corsair H100!

Best part is the warranty and support you get with Corsair, that was the decider over the G.Skill equivalent.
1010 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 June 2016
Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black

Great performing RAM that has overclocked nicely in my system - bought 4 x 8 GB and is doing very well at a bit over 1.5 v along with my Intel Core i5 4690K (at a 26% overclock @ 4,3 GHZ) on an Asus Z97-A 1150 ATX motherboard with out of the box cooling.

I tend to find that it is not a proper substitute for a comb 'though and having teeth at either end rather than along the whole length is clearly a design fault. Also not very convenient to use - and I find that having to remove it from my motherboard to comb my hair every morning is something of a drag. I might buy another module to keep in my bathroom for this purpose and to overcome this issue.
on 5 June 2015
Always wanted to get theses for my blue themed gaming p.c

Come pretty quick.
Tested them and they both work "Corsair 16GB (2x 8GB) Vengeance DDR3 Memory Module Kit - Blue"
Look amazing with the rest of the blue in my build

One little dislike with myself was they was "Dropped" through my door £100 dropped
on the floor to me isn't good but apart from that. Amazing

MR G Videos
review image review image review image
on 31 December 2012
I bought this item and it works just as it says. In the end, it's just RAM and should just "work".

By the way, if you own an AMD Bulldozer, be warned: AMD DOES NOT support 1866Mhz natively. You will need to change the settings on your BIOS to get its full speed.

I wasn't aware of that untill I noticed that my RAM clock was 1333. I contacted Corsair and they replied very quickly with a link to AMD's website, showing the VERY SMALL print.

But the guys at Corsair were very helpful and emailed me the clock, latency and etc so I got it to 1866 as it should be.