4.0 out of 5 stars More Mole Required
The Mole section takes up the bulk of the book and covers a five-year period. It begins in December 1984, when he's 16years old and is studying for his A-Levels. (He's obviously been reasonably successful in his O-Levels and CSEs, then). However, it's a little different in style to the 'The Secret Diary' and 'The Growing Pains' - it's only partly written in diary format,...
Published on 20 Oct. 2009 by Craobh Rua

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't enjoy this one at all
Having read the previous two Adrian Mole books, I came to this as the next in the series. Sorry, but I didn't really get why the format had suddenly changed into being the diaries of three different people. I was questioning it as I was reading along, and found myself skipping pages. It's a short read too, not worth the money.
Published on 27 April 2012 by andsotobed

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: True Confessions of Adrian Mole, Margaret Hilda Roberts and Susan Lilian Townsend (Kindle Edition)
Bought this for my 13 year old daughter who does not read! she is a nightmare, bought the first one and she read it within a few days. Totally shocked me. I read these books over 20 years ago, well the first two and i could not put them down. It appealed to teenagers back then and does to my own now. Super buy, even for the fact it has encourged my daughter to read a whole book

3.0 out of 5 stars One third Mole, two thirds others., 22 July 2014
Can't help thinking Sue Townsend went off the boil a bit with this one. Not up to her usual standard. MHR and SLT sections are amusing but not Mole. An introduction to these two would have been OK but there should have been a whole Mole book, not a third of one. Hasn't put me off the later books, but a bit of a disappointment compared with the earlier ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars drian Albert Mole, 20 Jan. 2015
What can I say about Adrian Mole ? This book and all the others in the series aare pure gold. Our Hero, despite several unfavourable shprtcomings is one of the good guys, striving to improve his being and his lot, but never really succeeding, Read it aand I; guarantee you will return to it at least once

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like this because there was so little Adrian Mole I ..., 15 July 2014
I didn't like this because there was so little Adrian Mole I didn't get even half way through the Sue Townsend diary and didn't touch the Margret Thatcher diary's! I just skipped to the wilderness years you aren't even missing much to be honest you could skip this book and read wilderness years!

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a gem for Sue's own diary and Margaret Thatcher!, 18 Mar. 2008
Morena - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
OK, the little clips and letters that make up the Adrian Mole part of the book are a bit far-flung and lacking in structure, although what is 'mediocre' in Sue Townsend terms is still 'genius' in general terms, in my humble opinion, and still worth a read.

However, this volume also includes a hilarious little diary of the young Margaret Thatcher - exaggerated and unsympathetic, but very skilful nonetheless. There are some thinly disguised Tory politicians of the day (or so I assume, having been at playgroup at the time the book was written) in it, but even if you don't know the political scene of the 80s well, like I don't, you should still find it completely laugh-out-loud funny.

It also includes Sue Townsend's own accounts of a solo holiday to Majorca, and a trip to communist Russia. Very witty, with some nicely observed little vignettes, and also kind of wistful. A lovely accompaniment to the fictional diaries, and no less amusing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Tad of a disappointment., 6 Feb. 2013
Having loved the earlier Adrian Mole books, I really found this 'sequel' hard to get into. It was often unclear who's perspective it was written from, and although there were a few funny moments there weren't enough to make this worth recommending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mole (the third), 2 Oct. 2013
Claptout (Shetland, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Odd but enjoyable triple diary: Adrian Mole, Sue Townsend and Margaret Hilda Roberts (a young and bizarrely Mole-esque Mrs. Thatcher). I loved the 80s references. For my generation one wonder's if these books getting better with age?

5.0 out of 5 stars Real-life facts, humour to the full extent..., 4 Jan. 2000
By A Customer
I find this book to be one of the best comedy's I have read (considering i'm only thirteen years of age). I feel it is more "bona fide" (with Pandora and him breaking off the relationship & the unsucessfulness of his writing career.Amazing, I couldn't put it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars books, 20 Feb. 2012
unhappy with delay in recieving product but quality and packaging were top class.an effortless and highly entertaining read moles world is informative cultured and frank whilst remaining realistic.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 14 April 2013
This book is amazing I have loved reading it! I love the fact it brings in other people talking, it makes the book more exciting! I would definitely reccommend this book to a friend!

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›