Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire

on 9 April 2011
Basically this is a repackaged version of the un-authoriser DVDs 'Random Access Memory' and 'The Dark Progression', both of which are awful. Apart from the odd video snippet, there is nothing from the actual band, interviews with casual aquaintences, and contemporaries from the 80's do not add anything new. Gareth Jones is interviewed but not for this DVD, as I asked him if he was aware of doing so for an un-authorised copy, and he catagoricly stated he has done nothing un-authorised in any way for Depeche Mode.

The whole thing is a rip-off and I am so disappointed. Buy at your peril
on 7 April 2011
Totally disappointing waste of nearly 3 hours I will never get back! Not authorised by the band or record company, so no depeche mode music!
All interviews with random school friends or production engineers. Almost no footage of the band. Disc 2 just a rehash of disc 1.
Please don't waste your time or money. Just plain dull and annoying.
on 30 April 2011
Being a DM fan since they first started I looked forward to getting more background into the group. However I was disappointed with the DVD.

The 1st DVD started ok (there were a few snippets of DM tunes but not many. Mainly other people giving their feelings about electronic music in the early 80s moving on to DM) but then the DVD really mentioned nothing from Ultra onwards.

I put the 2nd DVD on and thought....hold on a minute, this seems familiar. It was. I already had this DVD - I'd bought it as a single one back in 2005!

All in all, I don't think I've gained any 'Insight' into the group which I did not already have.

Major disappointment.
on 15 April 2011
I was excited when I first saw this coming out as I'm a HUGE Depeche Mode fan and I got it for my birthday, but after watching it I was very disappointed. Like previous comments have said it's not authorised by Depeche Mode and has very little from the members themselves overall. The constant switching between different artists and friends got tedious and with little live music on the DVD other then a few snippets it was all talk talk talk.

If you're interest in gossip and want to know pointless details about the band members then you may enjoy it but for me I felt like it was a waste of money and will be much more careful when I purchase more DM stuff.
on 3 September 2011
As a lifelong Depeche Mode fan I was thinking about buying this double DVD set. The cover looks great with a very well-chosen photo of the band.
However, it looks like all of the positive reviews were posted by people who only post positive reviews of unauthorized products, which makes me suspicious that perhaps they have some kind of connection with the company that made and distributed this documentary.
Meanwhile, the reviews posted by genuine DM fans are unanimously negative, which suggests to me that these DVDs are not worth forking out for.
Most hardcore DM fans know that the best place to find revealing interviews with the members of Depeche Mode is on the official DVDs, including the DVD versions of their 12 studio albums and their 5 official live DVDs. The documentary on the DVD with the remastered version of "ULTRA" is especially revealing.
on 18 June 2016
Very good double disc set on Mode, details their whole career and has plenty of good footage - including performance archive. Well made and supremely interesting
on 4 September 2014