5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta get a sweex
Published on 4 April 2011 by marcus inkk

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
It's barely out of the box and I find the 'skip forward' and 'skip backwards' functions are completely unpredictable, skipping to a random track every time!

For the price, I'm happy enough to keep it as a 2gig memory stick, but for running / the gym, this is a deal breaker for me.

The other reviewers don't experience this, so I'm willing to believe I...
Published on 2 Jun 2011 by mkzx

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta get a sweex, 4 April 2011
This is a small but amazing and cheap MP3 player, yes it has a simple control feature, on-off and track forward or back(this doubles up for volume) it holds a ot of music and you can use it like a memory stick and store files on it when you are travelling. the battery lasts for ages and since its USB charged you can top it up anywhere there is a handy port. you won't be sorry you got one of these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 2 Jun 2011

The other reviewers don't experience this, so I'm willing to believe I got unlucky - for what its worth it's easy to use and charge, and the belt clip is a nice touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent little player, 9 May 2011
This review is from: Sweex MP340 Stickz 2GB MP3 Player - Black (Electronics)
I bought this like many people are likely to do so as a cheap mp3 player for running. I wasn't expecting much for the price, almost awaiting a disposable device to greet me in the post.

I am however pleasantly surprised and able to say the sound quality of the device seems able to perform exceedingly well, managing to keep up with my Sennheiser HD 238s.
The memory stick function of the player was not as I anticipated but still works well while managing to maintain a compact and sleek design. Made of metal, it doesn't have a particularly cheap feel to it and the clip enables me to attach it to items of clothing securely whilst I run. Buttons are functional and simple to use (have a quick look at the instructions beforehand however) and the player starts playing music automatically when turned on.

The charge does seem to take rather a long time but for under 20 for 2GB, it's a really good buy. -> Note, the player does not shuffle music, but it seems you pay a significantly larger sum of money for a media player with this function when this is perfectly adequate at the very least. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars good wee mp3, 3 Jan 2012
I got this for my dad's Christmas and he loves it! it is easy to work and easy to put music on and you get a good amount of songs on it. definetly the best buy of this Chrismas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Dec 2011
This review is from: Sweex MP340 Stickz 2GB MP3 Player - Black (Electronics)
I don't know why alot of people are giving negative reviews about this product i think it's great. I ordered one for my mums birthday, she is a complete technophobe and she finds this so easy to use. Its lasted a few years already, and I think it will last alot longer. The sound quality is great and easy to transfer files. I would definetly recommend buying this product

3.0 out of 5 stars Mabe it was just me, but..., 9 Nov 2011
All good (size, build, sound etc) but when stopped and restarted the tracks were not consecutive. A bit annoying when you require consecutive listening.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 26 Oct 2011
Really good bargain, Very easy use, clear sound, good value for money,relatively acceptable memory, Extremely light weight, would recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing mp3, 29 Aug 2011
I totally love it, no batteries for a start, which is excellent, and the battery takes forever to run out.
You charge it via your laptop or computer. Has a large amount of space, I have over 300 songs on it atm still plenty of space for more.
Small and compact also has a clip so you can attach it to your clothes or side of your handbag (so you don't loose it in your already chaotic bag lol)
I really would recommend it to anyone after a simple and easy to use MP3 player.

2.0 out of 5 stars A perfect MP3 player for music whilst you exercise *UPDATE* I've sent it back for a refund!, 16 July 2011
This review is from: Sweex MP340 Stickz 2GB MP3 Player - Black (Electronics)
Having joined a gym and not wanting to take my iPhone in with me, I thought I'd buy a small & cheap MP3 player. For the price, this unit is absolutely fantastic!

It is easy to sync on your PC by either drag & drop or by using Windows Media Player sync. It charges whilst it is plugged in and states 1.6 hours charge for 4.5 hours playback.

The supplied earphones are cheap & cheerful but my in-ear JVC phones really produce a great sound from this little device. You can pick up a set of these for around a tenner.

The skip buttons work as another reviewer said; you do not skip to the next track in line, you skip to a random track. Likewise if you skip backwards, you hear a random track and not the one you've just listened to. This is perfect for me.

If you're looking for a little player with a clip on the back to wear whilst you exercise then you will be delighted with this.

**UPDATE** the player keeps getting stuck on certain tracks and will not skip past them so it's going back to Amazon. I'm about to see what else there is that has better reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 July 2011
This review is from: Sweex MP340 Stickz 2GB MP3 Player - Black (Electronics)
The quality of sound is fine. I converted some favourite old records to mp3 and loaded these onto these devices and my wife and I have enjoyed the sound reproduction. Our portable speakers work well with them too. Nice fitting ear pieces, and batteries seem to last well. Delivery reliable. Well pleased with this purchase.