on 31 October 2011
Records temperature exactly, just what I required as Beko fridge/ freezer has no internal thermometer fitted, just insert probe inside and place the readout section on top of fridge.
on 22 November 2011
Smaller than expected but works a treat. Checked its accuracy with a non-digital mercury type thermometer and it seems spot on .
on 25 January 2013
I took a chance with this bearing in mind some of the other poor reviews, seeing as it was only a couple of quid, but I'm afraid it's useless. It looks as if it should work but when I measured it against two other thermometers it was 4 degrees out! Save your time, money and effort, Folks and go for something else!
on 13 February 2012
This thermometer only lasted a couple of weeks before it did not work anymore, I purchased a new battery but that did not help, so it went in the bin. Not something I would buy again.
on 22 July 2012
I wasn't expecting much given the exceptionally low price of these thermometers. Although sold as a simple fridge thermometer, this actually looks like an industrial part which is designed to be installed into a larger machine (it appears to be designed with clips, so that it can be slotted into a hole cut inside a control panel). As such, it looks a little untidy, the display isn't sealed or protected in any way, nor does it come with any kind of stand or mounting device. However, these are all minor flaws, as a little blu-tak or similar adhesive can easily be used to position it however desired; although some thought is needed to keep it out of the way of spillages, etc.

The display, although small, is clear and easy to read. The display responds quite quickly, and the temperature display will settle down within a minute or two.

The big problem I have had with my two thermometers, is their poor accuracy. Although, the specifications say accuracy of +/- 1 degree C, I have tested mine against a laboratory thermometer, and against ice/water slush (which should be almost precisely 0C). The better one has a temperature offset of 3 C, and the other of 3.5 C. These are pretty significant discrepancies if you are thinking about a fridge thermometer, where the recommended temperature range is 2 - 6 C. I actually thought my fridge was defective, as the thermometers never read lower than 8 C - in fact, the fridge was about 4 -5 C, right in the middle of the recommended range.

Now that I know the offset on the two thermometers, I've labelled them, and can now easily correct for the error, and testing over a period of months has suggested that the offset is reasonably stable.
on 14 July 2011
This digital thermometer was delivered at the same time as I was opening my e-mail advising me that it was being posted. Good working device that was value for money. It's use has given me confidence that my fridge/freezer is working well after a number of "in my head" doubles.
on 12 May 2013
This thermometer is useless, in freezer gives me 7 and 8 degrees, and i compaered with a calibrated thermometer and it was in 4 degrees. The manual was from another device, talk about a button that i can't see.
on 15 January 2013
Just bought 2 of these thermometers, first one fell apart on opening package and no amount of fiddling will put it back together. Second one will only allow one battery to be fitted but does work, so far.
The instructions supplied with them must be for a different model stating that there are several keys to adjust the clock? inside/outside temperature? on/off? If there are any keys they must be minute because I can't see them!
On the whole I wouldn't recommend this item.
on 18 January 2013
I bought this in the hope it would settle the argument me and my wife have had for months about the temperature in our fridge. The temperatures it was giving us varied so wildly I could not believe it is working properly. Obviously, it would help if it came with proper instructions! Feels very cheap and nasty. So, now have bought a more expensive (like 10 x more) fully calibrated digital thermometer from a well known brand. This gives a very accurate and consistent reading *and by the way, I won the argument).

Do not buy - it's just not worth the hassle. I can't even be bothered to return it!
on 6 August 2012
The saying that 'If it's too good to be true, it is too good to be true applies' This thermometer is useless. In a freezer holding a constant temperature of 22 degrees ths unit showed a flucuating reading between minus 4 degrees and minus 18 degrees. Come on Amazon, check out your suppliers before marketing their product.Lucily, it only cost £1.99.

See one answered question