4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and beautiful
I love these shoes. They are as comfortable as Hush Puppies always are, with their softly padded soles. I bought the red ones. They have a high shine effect to them and a mid-size heel. The triple strap is elasticated on one side, so you only have to undo one to put them on. They have punched-out hearts detailing the trim of the shoe.
These shoes are quite wide at...
Published on 19 Mar. 2011 by daisyduck1976

1.0 out of 5 stars Break easily
I always wanted some nice hush puppies shoes and when I found those I had to have them. They were stunning and at a really good price.
I bought them in patent black which look lovely with dresses or trousers.
Unfortunately the second time I wore them the side started breaking, the flowery inside broke first and then the leather too. I wore them a third time and...
Published on 2 Oct. 2012 by Julie

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and beautiful, 19 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Hush Puppies Freya, Women's Court Shoes (Apparel)
These shoes are quite wide at the front, perfect if you have wider feet.

Beautiful shoes, great for workwear, comfortable enough to wear all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make me feel like I'm in Wonderland!, 2 May 2011
Elke Notlit (Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hush Puppies Freya, Women's Court Shoes (Apparel)
I' m more for one to buy shoes on the basis of comfort and practicality - but I love ALICE IN WONDERLAND so when I saw these couldn't resist buying a pair.

I bought them in the black patent and they are absolutely gorgeous. The attention to detail is wonderful - from the tiny hearts that line the edge of the shoes to the triple straps and heart/paisley interior; even the sole has a flower shape on it. The heel is a decent height (a couple of inches) without being ridiculous or difficult to walk on. The hearts on the trim are cut-outs - so you can either wear black tights underneath to hide them - or something with some colour to highlight them. White ankle socks work a treat and make me feel even more like I'm in Wonderland!

As you'd expect from Hush Puppies they are really comfortable (so tick my functionality box) with a well padded sole and plenty of room round the toe. I recently wore them to an event when I was on my feet most of the day and I felt fine throughout. As the previous reviewers stated, you only need to undo one of the buckles to be able to take them on/off, so they're not as fiddly as they look. The straps themselves feel sturdy despite the dainty appearance - so should last.

Combining a beautiful aesthetic with durability and comfort, I can see these shoes destined to become one of my favourites. They also make my calves look great. What more could I ask?

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend these shoes to anyone, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Hush Puppies Freya, Women's Court Shoes (Apparel)
I would recommend these shoes to anybody. It is my best buy ever. I have wide feet and I get it hard to find comfortable and stylish shoes which don't cut into my feet. Let's face it, sometimes stylish does not mean comfortable but with these shoes, I got both. I bought the black ones and they have a nice and comfortable mid-size heal, cute hearts along the edge and 3 straps which you would only need to open one to get them on and off. I bought them for work and it feels like I am wearing slippers with the softly padded soles. I received many compliments on them. Im very tempted to get another pair in a different colour. Price is reasonable as well for hush puppies. In the shops, they are EUR79 and I got them for EUR59, inc. delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, 21 April 2012
Gorgeous shoes! Took them for a walk the day I got them, and was told by a girl I met on the street that she was "stunned amd made almost speechless by my beautiful shoes!" Not only that, but super comfortable. I am not, by nature a heels wearer, I am five foot nine and wear UK size 8-9 shoes (stupid long second toe), so it is not only hard to get pretty shoes for my man-sized feet, but I tower over most men when I wear them! These fitted perfectly, in fact slighlty roomy, and are a delight to walk in. And stroke gently whilst making cooing noises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull, 14 May 2012
This shoe is realy wonderfull! It looks nice and romantic, and the fitting is great. The relatively low heel makes it wearable even for long walks. My only problem with these are, that I want more in every colour!

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable shoes, 28 Jun. 2012
These shoes are very stylish and very comfortable. I bought them for a wedding and didn't need to break them in. Added a nice touch to my outfit and received compliments. I would highly recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dream shoes even for extremely sensitive feet!, 20 Mar. 2013
Pros: So comfy. And that's hard for my hypersensitive feet to find.
Look fantastic. Nice glossy finish. The colour is deep and saturated without being dark. In fact it is a match to my favourite nail polish: Rekha by Zoya. The shoes are exactly that shade of red plus a faint golden glimmer.

True to size. Got size 4 which can sometimes be a bit on the big side but these were perfect. Slightly wide but not too long. Very generous toe width.
Did not have to break them in.
Non slip soles.

Cons: Lining is horrid, don't like the tacky look or the plastic feel of it.
In some of the heart decor the lining sticks out so the finish on these is far from perfect.
In some places there's small crinkling of the patent leather. (This is not a luxury brand and I guess these little imperfections are part of the deal when buying relatively cheap shoes. Still well worth the money imho).

I've been looking forever for a red pair in this design with 1)the three straps and 2)the round toes 3)nice curved heel and on top of that, comfy soft soles. So, they are my favourites anyway in spite of their slight imperfections.
The feel of the lining is not a problem with stockings.
The lining sticking out can be removed with fine motor skills and small embroidery scissors.
Will get these in black too. Love them so much I keep them by the bed at night...

My rating: Would have been five stars if I rated this subjectively only. Objectively though, I have to deduce one star for the imperfections in the finish, especially of the lining.

This is a very versatile shoe. If you wear it with white cotton stockings they look very strawberry girly and cute. With opaque, black, wet look stockings the look dangerously blood red and kinky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love em, 22 May 2012
These are fab. Very comfy and fun to wear with the little hearts on my feet as I walk. Like them so much I'm tempted to get another pair in a different colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Comfy and Smart, 13 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Hush Puppies Freya, Women's Court Shoes (Apparel)
These are gorgeous, smart enough for work or an evening out, but also pretty if you are dressing down in jeans etc. They are genuinely comfortable, giving good arch support and a nice height without being tricky to walk in.

Be warned, though, these aren't as generous as normal Hush Puppie sizing. I ordered the UK size 8, and I would say that they come up about 1/2 size small. I am a standard UK 7 1/2, and the 8 is snug on me.

I would also add, that although other reviewers have mentioned 'Alice in Wonderland', whilst this may be true for a size 4 or 5 if you need a larger size they are more 'Wicked witch of the East/West' looking!! (I still love them).

5.0 out of 5 stars It CAN happen! A comfy heel!, 31 Mar. 2013
F. Griffiths (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hush Puppies Freya, Women's Court Shoes (Apparel)
I am an absolute size four and a half - of course, four and a half does not exist in the world of shoes anymore. I tried the fours and they are a perfect fit.

These shoes do not hurt, they don't rub or give you weird pains anywhere.

Nice quality finish, stitching, leather etc and a good shade of red - being patent and therefore reflective the colour can match a few different types of red outfit from brick to tomato red.

They look cool, alternative and slightly vintage but not all-out attention seeking like Irregular Choice styles.

To sum up, when I looked down - I smiled at them.

Hush Puppies Freya, Women's Court Shoes