on 26 May 2013
This is a brilliant book! Author describes in details one commandment after another with many relevant information for the 21st century reader. Michael Horton has a very extensive knowledge in this area and is also gospel centred in his writings.
Michael Horton was not know to me before I had read this book. Since reading this book I've listened to many of his sermons. I've started listening to his ''Pilgrim Theology'' audio book and it's also excellent. I've recently ordered his book ''The Gospel Driven Life''. I'm planning to get more books by this author. In my opinion Michael Horton alongside Tim Keller are two best evangelical authors (and also gospel centred) in today's evangelical church.
on 10 March 2013
The book did not set my heart on fire.

Having studied Thomas Watson and read Brian Edwards on the same subject I did not feel that this matched up to either of these.

Helpful at times but not great