This is a very good quality hard drive case, and so much better than my previous one.

The best way to show you what this is like and its features is via a video, so I have made a video review. If you do not enlarge the video to full screen, it sometimes plays with sound but no video (a blank, black screen) - this seems to be an Amazon glitch. To cure it, press the 'full screen' icon. If you are reading this on a mobile phone, you may be unable to view the video - you will be able to watch it on a computer or tablet.

I made this video one year after buying this case - the case is showing no signs of wear.
on 13 January 2015
I bought both a black and red version of this case to protect my WD My Passport Ultra 2TB portable drives and am pleased by the quality. The case feels well made and durable and also looks like it would be firm enough to protect the hard drive from damage if dropped from a moderate height or if something were dropped on it (I'm not going to test this!).

Inside there is a strap to hold the drive in place and it is surprisingly firm. There's no chance of the drive sliding out even if you held the case upside down whilst open. There is a net pocket on the inside of the top half of the case to store your USB cable for the device and again this is firm enough to prevent the cable sliding out unless you shake it around.

There's enough internal padding to prevent the zip (which also feels sturdy) from scratching the device, which is something I always appreciate with any kind of case.

And to top it all off, it looks great when zipped shut! My only wish was that there had also been a blue version to match the colour of the hard drive.
on 21 June 2012
A very well put together case perfect for most portable HDDs and room for the cable too. I have this one with a WD Essential 1TB SE and another with a Samsung M2. The only slight criticism is that the elastic holding the HDD in place fits lengthways which, in the case of the M2, means you have to slide the HDD out a bit to plug it in.

That said, it's pretty solid and fine for general protection.

I have about 5 of them scattered about the family and these are the ones I come back to, which says it all really; good value on Amazon compared to the rip-offs at PC World and the like!
on 11 April 2013
This was a disappointment as although it says it is for a 2.5" hard drive, my Freecom Tough Drive was very tight and I couldn't zip it up completely. I have had one in black before with no problem so maybe they are making them smaller now. So be aware that it must be for a very small 2.5"! I kept it anyway as I wanted a different colour to distinguish from my other Tough Drive.
on 5 November 2011
Bought to house MP4 player (1.2cmx7.7x11.6cm). Lightweight & sturdy, & keeps the player safe. Leaves a little extra space for earphones & remote too.
on 19 June 2014
I don't like this Case Logic - I have the older ones, and now continue to hunt them down as they are a much better fit if you have a variety of styles of hard drives. This case you can just fit some drives into, but maybe I got a duff case, because my zipper on it always jams in the corner and I have to forcibly pull the zip apart to get it open sometimes.

The older, slightly larger ones, I in fact carry TWO hard drives in, one with the elastic strap, the other in the netting, no space for cables of course, but if you are lacking packing space, then this works well, and cables can travel separately, and are far cheaper to replace if needed / damaged!
I've been disappointed in the past to receive a shiny new hard drive which hasn't been provided with a suitable case by the manufacturer. It seems that it's quite common now which means that there's a huge market in cases such as this one from Case Logic. I know this brand to be a good one thanks to other products of theirs that I own, and had bought another in black a few months ago (I bought this red one direct from Amazon). It's a pretty good case which is well made and will offer some protection from damage although I must admit to being disappointed that I doesn't have much cushioning in the inside of the case. It is made from a semi-rigid fabric material but lacks foam lining which might help in the event that it's accidentally dropped onto a hard surface - the hard drives themselves can be quite expensive but the photographs, music and other data stored on them can be priceless. I've tried it with my Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Blackand also a Seagate STDR1000200 1TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive - Black and both fit well inside (one at a time) with ample space for their USB leads, but found it too small for use with an older Seagate drive which has a longer body.
on 26 November 2013
An extremely disappointing product. I read the reviews that it was not good for the size it claimed but I decided to take the risk, bad idea! I return the product but of course they charge you some pound for that. We should charge them for giving wrong information about their products. There are a lot of people already with this problem. Do not but it unless you have an extremely small and thin hard drive.
on 3 June 2012
Nice little case, which is worth the price to protect the harddrive that protects my peace of mind. Just do it.
on 9 May 2013
This external hard drive container is fine as far it goes. I can put my portable WD 1TB external hard drive into it, along with the lead, and carry it from place to place, no problem.

My grumbles focus on the feel of the case. First, it's small. It's a really snug fit for my drive in the storage compartment, so I wonder if it'll fit some drives. Secondly, it doesn't feel padded, so if you drop it, it might damage the drive inside (which means I'll just have to be careful I guess). Finally, and this might seem like I'm being picky for the sack of it, but the elastic that holds the drive down sees to be in a strange location. I'm used to it connecting the 2 narrow sides, so whenever I open the case now, it just looks weird when I look inside.

If you can get over these grumbles, you'll be fine. It's not as if they're really significant, and anyway, the case does its' job anyway.