5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product!
Published on 15 Mar 2012 by JT

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work after one use
Used this once to charge my Garmin edge GPS on my bike worked fine the first time. Recharged it when I got home and now it will not turn on. Not pleased
Published 14 months ago by Mr. P. J. B. Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product!, 15 Mar 2012
This review is from: New Trent iCarrier IMP120D - (12000mAh) 5V 3A Dual USB Ports External Battery Charger/ Portable Back Up Power Bank/Power Pack Battery for iPad 4/ 3 /2, iPad mini, iPhone 5 /4S / 4, iPod Touch; Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S4/S3/S2; Google Nexus 10/7/4, HTC ONE series; LG Optimus series; Motorola Razr, Droid series; Nokia Lumia 900 / 800, Sony Xperia series, GoPro, and most 5V chargeable devices. (NEWEST VERSION, w/ Micro-USB input charge port) (Electronics)
Aesthetics- looks sharp! When I saw the IMP1000 for the first time I thought "wow this is nice! I can't believe I didn't pay more! Love the gloss black with blue accents. It just screams quality/expensive (but it doesn't cost all that much). Fortunately when I pick it up, it feels like a quality product too. Based on looks alone I am satisfied and have a very positive impression of the company. If all I had to go on was pictures of this product and the competitors I would easily pick the IMP1000 (have you seen the Duracell charger? Gross). The only thing that would make it look better would be to swap out the blue band around the middle for a brushed aluminum one.

Function - not much to report here. Didn't take too long to fully charge the IMP1000 or my devices with it. Everything I tried, iPad 2s, iPhones, flip, HTCs, charged right up. I will be spending 18 hrs on airplanes and in airports this weekend flying from London to Kansas City so we'll see how it does. The high charging capacity is going to be wonderful and will be put to the test.

Ease of use - plug it in to charge. Simple. Plug in a device and press power. Simple. The only complaint I had at first was the fact that you have to hold down the power button for a couple seconds to turn it on or off but I have come to appreciate that... For now.

Accessories - the bag is a nice touch, but I never use those things. I just end up tossing the product into my bag and go. The charging cables are nice too and unexpected. The extra adapters are nice.

Overall - a nice looking product that does what it is supposed to. I am glad didn't end up with a good looking piece of junk in fancy packaging. Better value for the money than any other mobile charger I found on Amazon. I highly recommend this product and may end up buying a couple as gifts.

I used it to keep my iPad 2 and iPhone fully charged during 22 hours of traveling with no problems. I watched 3 movies, played tons of games, did a few productive things and never had to worry about running out of battery power. It was great!

4.0 out of 5 stars 9 days camping and updating a blog, 14 Jun 2011
Just got back from the Isle of man TT 2011. I was camping for 9 days, with 8 other people. I wanted to use my Samsung Galaxy S to update a mini blog whilst I was there. Mainly to show all the partners at home that we were all still alive! Its easy to blog using the Galaxy S, but the battery level is not great when taking photos and using the internet. So I looked for something that I could charge it from the campsite, and whilst we were out watching the racing. The iCruiser IMP1000 immediately stood out.

It had probably the biggest capacity in one of these portable external batteries. I had it within a few days and was impressed with the quality, this being my first New Trent product. It came with about a 75% charge, so I used that to charge my phone a few times and my ipod until it was flat. Gave it a full recharge and it was off to the island we went.

It lasted me the full week, only running out on the ferry home. It performed faultlessly all week, turning off when the phone fully charged. Really impressed! Probably got about 5 full charges of the phone. It never got hot whilst in use, which some of these can do.

The only thing I would like to see is a better charge indicator. Also, it only came with 2 connectors, a mini usb and ideally, a Samsung Galaxy S (mini usb variant?) connector. Would have liked to have seen some more connectors.

Overall, its a brilliant bit of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing charger for tablet and smartphone, 1 Jun 2011
After checking all the positive comments about this product I decided to order a unit for myself.

The shipping was very fast especially for a UK to EU delivery.

When I unboxed the unit from the package I was quite surprized by the 288g weigth but after using it for a wile I must admit that this should not be considered as a con. You should just be aware that the weight is a bit more than 2 smartphones.

First I used it to recharge my Android tablet. This took a few hours but the tablet which uses a 4000mAh battery got fully charged. Afterwards I was still able to fully charge my Android phone (1200mAh) as well as my Philips MP3 player and I still had some capacity on the battery pack.

Conclusion: This is a great product and well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Battery Life - Great for a week's iphone charge..., 5 Sep 2012
Length:: 2:00 Mins

Great external battery - would recommend it for iPhone users (camping etc) I even used it on my overnight stay at hospital!

The battery lasted all week using it everyday. (See video for details)

It knows when your device is fully charged and switches itself off - clever! That way it doesn't run itself down when you're charging something overnight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for travel, camping - charges many times, 18 Jun 2011
Nigel Jones (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
In July I'm off to Silverstone to enjoy a full-on British Grand Prix weekend, so I'll be camping and
needed to keep my phone topped up for obligitory photos/twitter/facebook etc. Rather than take lots of
batteries which would only work with my current phone I thought I'd try a USB charger

In summary I'm delighted with the purchase -- using it more and more every week!

Nice packaging. Clean and stylish & Arrived in a couple of days

In the box:

* 2A charger
* Powerpack containing a 11000 mAh battery
* A USB cable ending up in a simple power jack connector
* A series of replaceable tips including the obligitory micro USB (my interest)

The unit itself has only one USB port unlike some units, and charging of the unit itself isn't via
USB, but via a regular power connector (2A). My first charge took around 6h

In a week of testing (results at blog below) the charger charged my Nokia N900 (1350 mAh) around 6.5
times -- very respectable

The only 2 points to be aware of
- If you want to *charge* one of these packs from USB get the lower capacity New Trent device
- a friend has a slightly different model and loves it too
- Many devices will only charge at 500 mA using the supplied cable -- at least my N900 did. IMO this
SHOULD be fixed in the supplied charger/cable though note the charger does work just slower. The fix
is to find a modified cable/connector where the data pins are shorted, which instructs the phone to
draw as much as it can (ie 1A)

Conclusion
* Definately Recommended - addresses a real problem with a sensible price & usable unit

Benefits

* Delivers nearly much power as expected in unscientific tests
* easy to charge from mains
* reasonably compact/light for the capacity
* easy to use
* excellent value

Caveats

* May only get 500 mAh charge
* only a single port
* cannot be charged from USB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger for the iPhone 4S and iPad 3 (IMP1000), 9 Jun 2012
Dave (Totton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have a number of the smaller IMP50D versions and they work really well and charge an iPhone fully up from 0% to 100% around 3 times. I needed something that had more power, so decided to go for the IMP1000 version with the whopping 11,000mAh vs the older 5,000mAh battery.

If anyone is wondering about buying this model and wondering how many charges you can get out the battery, here goes...
- 7.68x iPhone 4S'
- 1.58x iPad 2's
- 0.95x iPad 3's

So for iPad 3 you can almost get a full charge, obviously the iPad 3 takes a long time to charge even via a mains cable, so bear that in mind.

The battery charger works really well, I have not had a single problem so far with charging iOS devices and various Android devices I have tried. It also has an auto shutoff if you unplug the cable so it doesn't try to drain the battery. You have to hold in the power button for several seconds to power on and power off, so it's not possible to power it on by accident like the smaller IMP50D models that just needed a single press of the power button.

I'd highly recommend this for anyone wanting to charge mobile devices be it phones or tablets.

If you want something that is the size of the iPhone or Android phone and you can place in a shirt pocket along with the device, then I would recommend the IMP50D as it's possible to do it with that model. This model is about 3/4 length of an iPhone 4S and square, and just over two times thicker, and heavy enough that you wouldn't want to put it in a shirt or trouser pocket (if you could get it to fit). It would fit okay inside most coat pockets and not be too weighty to carry around.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad, iPhone 4 4G 3Gs 3G, 23 July 2011
What can I say well this is just an amazing piece of kit i have an ipad 2 and an iphone 4 and use them a lot and this device charges them up whilst your still using them (obviously faster charge if you don;t use your equipment) I travel a lot and thie little gadget helps me out so much. I could hug the seller for putting this external battery pack / charger up on amazon. I advise everyone to buy one some people have mentioned it takes a long time to charge the battery but look at the hours of usage you get out of it no other product can compete as far as I know. I hope they make another giving us more hours of usage of our devices and that they try to keep the battery pack the same size as it fits in to the pocket of any bag with no trouble. You'd be crazy not to get this little beauty it's very impressive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good chaarger does exactely what it says!, 20 May 2011
I have had this now nearly a week and think its great, I have and ipad 2 and blackberry bold, and bluetooth headset and use iCruiser to charge all of them. I take it on the go with me all the time and its light and easier to use and plug in

Use with ipad 2: it charges from empty to in about 2hours and i can get about 1.5 charges out of it, Note that it doesn't come with an apple connector head you have to use your own.

Use with BB: Charges quick and I can get multiple charges from it, I wish the icrusier had a few ports to charge ipad and blackberry at once.

The device its self is small and fits comfortably in one hand. its black shine does attract finger marks but looks good. it comes with a thin case which will need replacing pretty quickly, although the icrusier is quite robust and doesn't seem like it can't take a bit of a bashing.

The retractable usb cable is ok not great and fiddly, i prefer just using my normal usb cable.

The battery meter seems accurate and is useful

On the whole I like this product and the price inst bad either for the size and amps you get, I'd recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Charger for I-Phone 3GS, 26 May 2011
I have an I-phone 3GS and was close to trading up to the I-phone 4 due to the battery life. Instead I bought this, so that if I am camping or traveling I can be confident I won't run out of juice.

I haven't had it long, but so far I am very impressed. It charges the phone in about 1 hour, and has plenty of power to charge multiple times before needing to be recharged itself.

When it is out of juice, it comes with a mains adapter that will see it back to full charge in about 5 hours.
It also comes with a USB cable with a couple of adapters, but I don't need these for charging the I-phone. The normal USB I-phone cable does the trick.

The unit also comes with a nice velvet pouch. Great for keeping it looking good.

Talking of looks, I really like the shiny black with blue stripe, and the power button has a nice blue LED light, with blue light indicators for the level of charge.

All in all, I am very happy with this purchase, and it will save me forking out for the I-phone for (hopefully until the 5 comes out).

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver for my I devices when traveling!, 18 Jun 2012
I bought this battery to charge my iphone and ipad 3 while traveling. I have used it on 3 trips so far when I landed both iphone and Ipad where at 100%.

Pros
- The overall design is a nice color and very well built.
- Includes adapters for most common mini usb phone and a retractable usb extension cable. Comes with a nice little carrying back to everything together.
- It has 3 lights on top of the power button that let you know how much power you have left.
- I have tested it fully charged with a fully drained ipad 3. It took the battery up to 75% this is very good that will get you about 8 with the internal battery watching movies (this is how I use mine) and 6.5 with the New Trent. So all in all 14.5 hours that is very good for most long flights. I also use my ipad for work too I need it charged when I land. So I can watch a movie while New Trent charges my iPad then the battery on the ipad never goes down and I arive with a 100% charge and ready to go!

I priced other batteries and read allot of reviews before buying this battery. All I can say is you will not be let down with this purchase. I recommend any one that needs to have their phone, ipad or whatever charged and ready to go this is the produce for you!