5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy boots very fast delivery
Very fast delivery. The boots are comfortable and heavy duty. I think these will last many years. Exelent value for money. Thank you.
Published on 6 Sep 2011 by J. A. Carter

3.0 out of 5 stars They're wellies
They are made of black rubber, they dont leak, they cost £9.99. My dog and I walk up muddy tracks, across fields, we stand in streams without a care in the world. I will buy another pair when these wear out.Dunlop Wellington Boots
Published on 9 July 2012 by Tony and Bill

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy boots very fast delivery, 6 Sep 2011
J. A. Carter - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Dunlop Wellies, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Mens Black PVC Wellington Boots Dunlop (Apparel)
Had these boots about a month. I find them very comfortable. They are great for when you want to use a hose especially a power hose. They seem to be fairly heavy duty and look as though they should do me till I'm in my box. Excellent value for money. Very fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why waste money?, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: Mens Black PVC Wellington Boots Dunlop (Apparel)
I've always worn Argylls or Bullseyes (Hood), but since Hunters have taken over and offshored workforce (as well as profits) the quality has plummeted. Hunter products are now overpriced fashion accessories and you need the legs of an anorexic stick-insect to fit into them. My last two pairs of Argylls have both split after very little use and complaining to Hunters gets you precisely nowhere. These Dunlop wellies have plenty of room to accommodate trousers, overalls and thermals - as well as normal legs! They're also comfortable enough to wear throughout the day. The choice is yours: waste loadsamoney on a silly designer brand that doesn't last or fit properly - or little more than a tenner on these. Youdecide.guv

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality boots, 4 Nov 2012
Was only searching for cheap wellies for my boyfriend to wear for Halloween fancy dress but these are excellent quality and will definately be a 'keeper'. They should last for years. Good strong boots for a very good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars The vexed issue of Wellies, 24 Nov 2013
Dr. Ernest J. Hammond "EJH" (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mens Black PVC Wellington Boots Dunlop (Apparel)
I need wellies. I am out every day in the woods, crossing streams, coping with mud. Like many before me have observed, it is getting really difficult to find reliable boots. The famous Hunter brand has faded. Other brands are as bad. I have had boots fail in a matter of weeks. Even good ones, like my last pair of Aigle, lasted less than two years and cost about 90 euro. I've studied lots of product ratings, and the best I could find were Aigle Unisex Parcours ISO Wellies, but at a cost ... in the region of 150 euro. That seems a little extreme. So I'm trying these bog standard Dunlop wellies, very basic, but - if they do the job - fantastic value for money. My four star rating reflects that.

For:
>>Very good value for money. If these last even 3 months they will equal the cost of ownership of my Aigles. If they last longer than that, then I'm a winner.
>>Waterproof, so far (I plan to update this when they start leaking).

Against, and why they don't get a top rating:
>>Very wide fit, despite getting my regular size. I have placed not one, but two inner soles in each boot and they're still loose.
>>The ankle is very wide too. That means that the boot has a tendency to slide off, but so far, with the inner soles, that's not been a problem.
>>The cleat pattern traps the mud. It would be better if they were bevelled.
>>They're not very comfortable, but I'm not deducting stars for that, because at the price I didn't expect anything else.

Update 5 Feb 2014
=================

Well, they have started leaking, about 3 weeks ago, so that's about 9 week's use by my reckoning. That makes them quite expensive; I'd have to replace them 5 to 6 times a year at this rate, so that makes the cost of ownership 60 to 70 euros (say 55 quid) per annum. Need to start looking around again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent delivery service, 13 Aug 2011
I was certainly impressed by the efficiency and speed of delivery and the Dunlop product was to the anticipated high standard.

3.0 out of 5 stars They're wellies, 9 July 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, 29 Oct 2012
Generous fit so plenty of room for extra socks. Not a bad price. But quite heavy so if you're intending carrying them may struggle
A great festival boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable quality, 22 Nov 2014
I'm impressed with these boots, but then I always choose this brand.

I use them at the stables and so needless to say they get some fairly rough treatment and get covered in all sorts. Most other wellies, whether cheap ones or the blatantly overpriced ones, do not seem to last any time at all. Given that they constantly get wet and have to endure all sorts of temperatures this is no great surprise, but these Dunlop ones seem to make the most of the companies tyre making tradition and seem to last longer.

Most wellies have a fairly rigid sole that ends up splitting under the ball of your foot. These are less rigid, though still extremely durable, and I have never yet had a pair split underneath. In the end, my boots always split at the point that they bend as you walk, but then, as I say, mine are used every day in fairly extreme conditions.

The other thing I like is that they are quite wide at the top and have enough room at the top of the foot to make them easy to pull on and off. Being the wrong side of 50, I'm not so adept at hopping around on one foot wrangling a particularly stubborn boot off as I used to be. These slip on and off without any trouble, but are still tight enough to be able to walk comfortably in them.

So, if you are a dog-walker, or just like a ramble at the week-ends, I could see these boots doing you good service for a very, very long time. I therefore recommend them to everyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars leaky - twice, 4 Mar 2014
I ordered these boots and they arrived promptly. The first time I wore them, water leaked in at the right toe. So back they went and a replacement pair arrived in just a few days. I wore these a couple of weeks later and they also leaked at the right toe. I couldn't be bothered to send them back again so they are still sitting around. I should have got a more expensive pair in the first place - and so should you! I would have given these zero stars if possible.

Mens Black PVC Wellington Boots Dunlop