5.0 out of 5 stars unputdownable!
Published on 9 Mar. 2010 by book addict

3.0 out of 5 stars It is a reasonably good read but not as gripping as the recent book
I decided to read this having read Lynda's recent book 'There's something I've been dying to tell you'. It is a reasonably good read but not as gripping as the recent book.It is a bit too luvvie for my taste but then I don't usually read celebrity autobiographies, so perhaps it's me.Certainly I was left with the conclusion that Lynda had a difficult life but she remained...
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars unputdownable!, 9 Mar. 2010
This was such a fantastic book, so moving and candid yet extremely entertaining and funny and I really found it impossible to put down. Would actually recommend to anyone just for a jolly good read even if you hadn't thought of yourself as a particularly big follower of Lynda's. She comes across on TV as such an honest and warm person and this book definitely reflects that. It also shows us how much turmoil she has gone through on her journey through her life and career but managed to stay professional and a great entertainer throughout and thankfully got there in the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating read!, 8 Mar. 2010
Surprises galore in this book. Like the previous reviewer, I have always enjoyed seeing Lynda Bellingham on TV, with her bright personality and infectious smile. Having now read 'Lost and Found', I've discovered also what a strong and resourceful woman has needed to exist at times in the personal life behind that smile. Lynda writes with honesty of the real highs and real lows she has lived through, and there are also many fascinating behind-the-scenes theatre and TV stories. I found this a very inspiring, entertaining and satisfying read - well recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A page turning read, 23 Feb. 2010
F. Tibbitt (UK) - See all my reviews
I've loved watching Lynda whatever she's in - All Creatures Great and Small, Faith in the Future, Loose Women etc etc - so I was very excited to hear her autobiography was coming out. Lost and Found had me absolutely gripped. Lynda has been through so much, in particular two bad husbands, a suicide attempt, tracking down her birth mother ... she is so strong to get through all this! I also loved her tales of growing up on the farm, her teenage years with the characters of the 'Dark Lantern', and there are some brilliantly funny stories from her acting career. Lynda has had a rich life, if not always an easy life, and has come out of it a wiser stronger woman. I can't wait to see her in Calendar Girls, but the real emotional story is in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspirational Read, 11 Mar. 2010
I don't consider myself to be an avid reader but every so often a book comes along that I'm keen to read. 'Lost and Found: My Story' by the wonderful Lynda Bellingham definitely falls into that category. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down! Lynda's warmth, personality and sense of humour really come across in the book. It's as if she is reading it to you. What impressed me most about this book is Lynda's determination. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be an actress and she was determined to fulfil her dream. The quote on the back cover about fear and how 'it's never too late to find yourself'has really inspired me to strive for what I want in life because after reading Lynda's story, dreams really do come true. I highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 18 April 2010
Mags057 (Aberdeenshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is an interesting and enjoyable book. Lynda Bellingham certainly has a story to tell and she tells it well. You want to carry on reading to find out what happened next. I'm glad she took the timescale up to the present day. So many 'celebrities' think they will be able to churn out another book if they stop half way through their life story. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 17 Dec. 2010
I really enjoyed this book, but although I'm no prude, why did she have to include the 'F' word so much? So if you are buying this for a sensitive soul, be warned! That said, this was a really good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Bellingham, 26 April 2010
K (Stirling, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having always been a fan of Lynda, I was keen to get my nose in this book when it was released. Albeit, it took me a few chapters to really get into it, when I did, it was a facinating read of a woman who has come through an awful lot, mostly hidden from her public personna. Two awful husbands (who should hang their heads in severe shame) and an emotional journey at finding her birth mother makes this a difficult read at times but there is so much humour and strength in with all of this that it is a very enjoyable book and delightful to read of her story in finding "Mr Spanish Right!" Having read this I know why I have always been a fan; with her acting, oxo mum series (I somehow seperate oxo from her other acting) and being on the panel of Loose Women she really has done a lot to be proud of and for us to enjoy, this book being another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lynda Bellingham, 15 Oct. 2010
Maureen May "mo" (England) - See all my reviews
I only read autobiography's now and again, Lynda's story with each page i just wanted to know more. Lynda is an inspiration to other women who are bullied and down trodden, she has come out the other side a very happy and beautiful women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost and Found: My Story, 8 April 2010
A very well written autobiography, entertaining and in parts very emotional. Lynda has had a life that many of us could identify with and I'm sure that her toil for eventual happiness will give many the confidence and hope that things will turn out well for them also. I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars a real eye opener, 25 Mar. 2010
Tried and Tested (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Lynda Bellingham has become the nations favourite mum since doing the Oxo adverts. I'd been aware that she had a troubled relationship with her ex husband, having read this book I'm now aware of just what an understatement that is. From her external persona you would never guess what a troubled and difficult life Lynda has had, she's such a strong woman and someone to be admired. This books a very good read and a real eye opener.