Most helpful positive review
28 of 28 people found the following review helpful
Hygienic to use, ideal for kitchens and bathrooms
on 23 December 2011
This review is for the Simplehuman sensor pump soap dispenser in white. Most of the points are covered in the video but here is a summary of my thoughts:
Things that I liked about this soap dispenser:
* you can get a portion of liquid soap without having to touch anything. Thus it reduces the risk of cross contamination of bacteria from your hands onto a standard bottle of soap
* Any brand of liquid soap can be used
* There are + and - buttons so you can control the amount of soap that is dispensed
* sleek and elegant design, it looks great out on the work surface by the sink and has been commented on by a couple of friends - one who went home and bought their own.
* 2 year warranty provided by Simplehuman against defective parts and manufacture.
Things that I didn't like about this soap dispenser:
* It was difficult to open the casing for the batteries. The instructions showed removing the screw but didn't show how to get the casing off. The casing fitted flush and there was nothing to leverage it open. After around 10 minutes of trying it suddenly just dropped off - I still don't know exactly how to open it, but I'll worry about that when the batteries need replacing.
* It is larger than you might anticipate and it doesn't look quite right on a small cloakroom sink. In a kitchen and bathroom (which generally has a larger sink than a cloakroom) it looks great.
* The sensor is extremely sensitive and it is easy to get soap dispensed when you didn't want any, for example, if you try to pick the dispenser up from the front.
* The shiny metal looking sections scratch easily. Mine got accidentally knocked at the back and there is a blemish on it which I haven't been able to remove.
My overall impression:
I am more than happy with this dispenser. It looks great, it is well made and it means I can wash my hands without spreading bacteria around the kitchen.