Format: Blu-ray|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 April 2011
I was totally blown away by this and it really felt like you were there, scuba diving in the ocean at times! The long tracking shots draw you in and allow you to really get a sense of depth. I was surprised at how the 3D effect came towards you and sea creatures like the turtle, floated in incredible detail, above my coffee table!

I was amazed at how the whole scene leapt out of the TV screen, as I had been told that it was more a case of the depth behind the screen. But with this, a lot of the action is in front of the screen - the nature of the material enhances this with the feeling of being surrounded by water.

The coral is presented in incredible detail and the experience of seeing fish hidden amongst tendrils was enhanced by the 3D depth. This just wouldn't have been the same in 2D. Some may see 3D as a gimmick, but in presentations like this, it really makes a difference.

As other have said this is too short and you want more - but it is also the ideal introduction to 3D - a demonstration of what it can do. In that context, its length is ideal and means you can make sure you take a break, as the experience is so immersive, you can forget where you are!
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2011
Hi All
I enjoyed this 3D,I like to see stuff coming out the screen and this one did, colours are beautiful and at one point I felt the shark was going to sit on my knee.

Regards Geoff
on 26 December 2010
Great 3D effect, you feel like you're swimming with the fish, following a funny speaking turtle. Good -but sad- message at the end of the film. Only down is that it's a bit expensive for just 40 minutes. I wish they'd put the 3 similar ocean films into one DVD for the price!
77 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 July 2011
If you are looking for your first 3D film to demo your new system, do not hesitate in buying this! There is a constant depth to the film and the pop out effects are amazing.

At one point there are corals in your living room and then during one seen with loads of yellow fish they begin swimming right before you. It really is amazing to watch and when i put it on for my mates sister and her friend they sat there reaching forwards, trying to grab the fish which made for great entertainment.

The content, i would say, is based for children although there are still some interesting facts in there. Great fun for both kids and adults, you will seriously be amazed at the 3D.

A MUST BUY TO DEMO YOUR 3D TELEVISION!
on 14 January 2011
Gorgeous 3D, but the seasnake an inch from my face scared me half to death. What a bargain at [...], shows the 3D telly off perfectly.
on 24 January 2011
I bought this after reading a couple of reveiws, and beleive me , this is the best advert for 3D bluray that i have seen. My four grandchildren were speachless for forty minutes, [and thats a miracle in my house]. I myself was very impressed with the effects, colours, and narration, its a shame it finished so quickly. If this was made in 2003 why after seven years are most of the 3D content discs so bad. Just go and buy this your kids and yourself will love it.
on 26 February 2011
excellent service with informative information prior to placeing order. 3D efects are great the sea snake really gets you between the eyes, the narration via the turtle adds realisam to the overall experience, verry good film.
on 3 November 2011
Recieved this today and what can I say....it's awesome! The 3d is unbelievable, much better than I expected, better than any 3d film I've seen at the cinema. Definately worth the money
on 20 January 2011
This blu ray is amazing so beautiful in both content and 3D effects. I have watched it 4 times now since purchasing it and my friends have found it to be so relaxing and amazing in its 3D content. The coral tables come out of the screen into your room with such beauty and also the fish, I loved the dolphin. So many types and colours of fish, the naration is done through the eyes of a sea turtle which I think is really cute, it is so informative on the fish and coral. It certainly makes you respect nature. Only two months ago I was walking along the sea bed in Bora Bora feeding the tropical fish and swimming with the sea turtles so this Blu ray brought back such magnificent memories. If you like documentaries on fish and coral this blu ray is for you and so informative for the children.
on 15 March 2011
This Bluray was excellent to watch in 3D, you felt as if you could touch the fish and I almost jumped back when the shark appear. This is very good value for money.