5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Achievement - No One Does It Like Whitney.
Published on 4 May 2008 by R. Birkett

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing content
I bought this CD mainly for the Bodyguard theme song but expected the other songs would be Whitney Houston hits so very disappointed to hear male singers singing songs I had never heard of on the same CD, very glad it wasn't expensive or I would have returned it for a refund,is there a way of finding out the content of CDs before we purchase?
Published on 16 Mar. 2012 by owls supporter

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Achievement - No One Does It Like Whitney., 4 May 2008
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Audio CD)
Whitney is fantastic on this album, this album also boasted some of her most famous hits to date, and got us all rushing down to the cinema to see `The Bodyguard' her vocals are top spec, who could ever forget one of most famous songs of her career, a mind-blowing rendition of 'I Will Always Love You', on this track every note is sung to perfection, then there's `I Have Nothing' which is also an extremely good ballad, `Queen Of The Night' Whitney herself co-wrote this song, it's upbeat and very good to sing along to, `Run To You' again another ballad with every note sung to perfection using some of the world's most famous pipes, same can be said for the second, and last upbeat song on Whitney's take on the album, `I'm Every Woman' I actually do prefer Whitney's version of the song to the original Chaka Khan version. Finally the last song on the album by Whitney, is an all gospel number called `Jesus Loves Me' which I actually don't really listen to that often, but would argue that it's still a great track. This album is legendary, I bet money you will still see it on sale in the shops in 20 years time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whitney at her peak, 8 Mar. 2007
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Audio CD)
This was Whitney's first movie and she's actually quite good, but nothing is better than her voice. These songs are classic and forever will be remembered by fans and admirers. "I Will Always Love You" is a cover of the Dolly Parton hit from 1974 and 1982. One of the few covers that surpasses the original ! Classic song for Whitney right there, with beautiful vocals and an outpouring of emotion. "Run To You" is equally compelling, the emotional depth of Whitney's ballads is incredible. Same goes for "I Have Nothing", another classic. Some of Whitney's best songs came from this soundtrack. "Queen of the Night" is a fun, early 90's dance song. "I'm Every Woman" is Whitney's take of the Chaka Khan hit. "Jesus Loves Me" is an excellent gospel song, made for the soundtrack (it wasn't in the movie). Overall these are six classic songs by Whitney which makes this a must buy for fans or anyone who enjoyed the music of The Bodyguard.

Even the non Whitney tracks are brilliant such as the Kenny G numbers.

I actually used the track "I will always love you" in my wedding reception.

4.0 out of 5 stars An all-time hit!, 27 Dec. 2006
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Audio CD)
Whitney Houston's best-selling status was re-affirmed with this soundtrack, as she became the 1st female artist in the history of music to receive the Diamond award from the RIAA, for 10 million U.S sales of The Bodyguard Soundtrack - just 1 year after it's release. As of November 1999, it's sold over 17 million copies in the U.S alone, and has sold in the region of 40 million copies world-wide to date. It's the best-selling soundtrack in the U.S and world-wide, as well as the best-selling album by a female artist (world-wide). Although Shania Twain's Come On Over has sold more in the U.S, some 20 million copies, it's world-wide sales are less than the Bodyguard's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing music:), 13 May 2005
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Audio CD)
I really enjoyed listning to this CD. She has a great voice.. I totally recommend it for romantic people :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely memory of a wonderful singer, 27 Dec. 2013
Chris in Hampshire "Mrs C" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Audio CD)
"The Bodyguard" is a lovely film, and anyone who has seen and enjoyed it will surely love having this musical reminder of the wonderful songs contained in the film.

Sadly Whitney is no longer with us which is a great loss to lovers of her music. Her strong and powerful voice on this CD is a true pleasure and brings back happy memories of this timeless film.

5.0 out of 5 stars UNBELIEVEABLE, 31 May 2013
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Audio CD)
THIS WAS EVEN BIG IN THE GOSPEL SONG "JESUS LOVES ME", BUT EVEN GREAT SINGERS WE HAVE-I LOVE CELINE- A PLACE IS UNFULFILLED SHE LEFT A LOT OF ORPHANS IN MUSIC, AND EVEN THE TIME GOES BY, SHE STAYS IN MY MEMORY EVERYDAY, IN EVERY SONG,BECAUSE SHE WAS THE BEST (OH, ARETHA, YOU'LL HAVE TO GET USED TO IT. YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY BLACK QUEEN, WHITNEY'S EVEN BIGGER WITH HER TRAGIC STORY THAT HELPS TO BUILD THE MYTH). WHERE DO BROKEN HEARTS GO? I DON'T KNOW, BUT WAITING THAT A VAULT OF SONGS APPEARED AND EDITING ALL HER LIVES IN CD AND DVD AND REELS WOULD HELP A LOT.

CELINE, I HOPE YOU STAY SO LONG IN THIS WORLD OF MUSIC, BUSINESS AND SALES. YOU'RE AMAZING, WITH YOUR OWN THRONE

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Soundtrack ever!!!, 9 Jan. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Audio CD)
This is the highest selling film soundtrack ever (allegedly) and it is WORTH IT!! The Whitney tracks are some of her best if not her best and the other songs are really nice too though not quite as great!!
the album is worth buying just for the six Whitney songs!! They are all time greats and the gospel rendition of Jesus Loves Me gives a tingle every time, even if you don't believe the title!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Whitney Simply the Best, 17 April 2012
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Audio CD)
I bought this for my daughter after Whitney died. My daughter loves her music/songs, so it was an easy choice to get it to commemurate Whitney's life and for my daughters birthday. She was absolutely thrilled. Highly recommended CD, shows the talent this lady had, just a shame that she died as I think she would have gone on to bigger & better things.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing content, 16 Mar. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Whitney at her Best, 23 April 2012
Mrs. E. J. Bullworthy (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Audio CD)
This album is a wonderful soundtrack to a wonderful film. All of the songs on this album would stand alone as a single but my two favourite tracks are Run to You and I Have Nothing. Of course I Will Always Love You was a massive No. 1 hit and deservedly so. A great album which I thoroughly recommend.