Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 16 December 2010
This is indeed the best of Bill Withers, a fantastic singer song writer who was only 8 years (!) active in the music industry, but wrote timeless classics such as "Lovely Day", "Ain't no sunshine", "Lean on me", "Use me", "Just the two of us" (announced here as a 'duet' with Grover Washington Jr., who does not sing, but plays the sax) and "Grandma's Hands". Bill Withers was involved in the production of this compilation. It features an excellent selection of his work and sounds great. I also enjoyed the liner notes: a short essay by David Ritz and details on the musical personnel involved in each track. Highly recommended!
My beautiful Bill Withers album is back in my collection. I've been doing a lot of that - grabbing stuff I've formerly loved. The sensational tracklist is well worth revisiting. Lovely Day; Lean On Me; Ain't No Sunshine (a Withers' original) are all here in this 18-track phenomenon which, if you're a Bill Withers fan, should not be left out of your record collection.
on 12 June 2014
Bill Withers is one of those singer songwriters that you hear on the radio ALL the time and really love - but don't always realise that it's Bill Withers. He has so many classics from a relatively short period of time in the 70s but they've stood the test of time. One of the greats and this album has them all :)
Love it.
P.S. Watch 'Still Bill' the documentary on him from about 2011? - he's 'real' - if you know what I mean. What a gent and a philosopher!
on 29 April 2013
if you like Bill Withers you will not be disappointed in this album.
I do not feel I need to own everything he's done but all his best tracks in one place
awesome
on 23 April 2013
I would highly reccomend this to anyone who is in love with '70s music soul or otherwise. There are tracks on this LP that defined an era well worth buying
on 14 August 2015