As other reviews have stated the build quality of this product may not be quite as good as the original Olympus product, but it is certainly adequate for the product and will definitely stand the test of time as far as I can predict if not overwhelmingly mistreated.
I am using this product on my Olympus OM-D EM5 and it has worked perfectly.
This is a very simple...
Published 14 months ago by EdStevens

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me
I received my item quickly but pressing the shutter release button would only take a photo every 1/100 presses! I thought maybe a loose connection so asked for a replacement which came very promptly but sadly had the same problem with the second.
Have returned both and was refunded. Excellent refund/replacement service but bad product for my E-PL3.
Published 19 months ago by Miss Millward

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin for a fraction of the cost of the original, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Pixel RC-201/UC1 Shutter Cable Release with UC1 Type Remote Terminal for Olympus DSLR (Accessory)
I am using this product on my Olympus OM-D EM5 and it has worked perfectly.
This is a very simple product, has the shutter release and a hold mode for bulb exposures. However, one mistake I did originally make was assuming the release was broken and that the product wasn't working properly. Fortunately my girlfriend (who doesn't hold much of an interest in photography) had a quick play with it and realised it was locked in hold mode and that the product was fine, I was simply being incompetent. I may have arrived at the same conclusion but I had not read the instruction manual, which clearly points out the two features of this product.
Furthermore, I was very pleased to see the product arrive in a modest, thin cardboard box as it really infuriates me when small items are packaged in a box fit to house an aircraft carrier.
In summary, the product does exactly what it is supposed to do. Works seamlessly with my camera, has an adequate build quality and comes in at a mere fraction of the cost of the original. I really can't fault it. And to those who would rather a marginal increase in quality, bear in mind you could buy 5 of these and still be better off than with an original.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 1 Dec. 2013
Miss Millward "A" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars small size, good design and great product, 24 Jun. 2011
great product, the size is excellent (picture looks larger) but is small and nice design.
But for me, the best experience is the courier "SDA", they rang the bell and delivered personally by hand after my signature, this was the most important thing for me, because products shipped with "Royal Mail", have been thrown near the mailbox (I live in a building of 50 apartments) , thus creating high possibility of product loss.
I recommend everyone to buy products shipped from "Amazon.co.uk".
The second but no less important feature is that the product arrived 48 hours after payment, I'm in Rome Italy: Incredible!

5.0 out of 5 stars Substitute for Olympus UC1 remote cable release, 3 Jan. 2014
This is a relacement for the Olympus cable release RC/UC1 but at a fraction of the price. It will fit a large number of the Olympus digital cameras (see list in the Amazon listing.) I use it on OMD EM5 and OMD EM1. It is very plasticky as you'd suspect but it does work. It's not worth NOT having for tripod use

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, Nice Positive Feel In Operation, 9 Dec. 2012
I bought this remote shutter release as an addition to an infrared remote and I'm very happy with it so far. Primarily wanted it for use in bulb mode and for other long exposures and it functions exactly as it should. Definitely a good addition to the camera bag and has also been great for tripod mounted shots using longer telephoto lenses.

The Pixel Pro feels well made and the shutter release button is positive and has a nice quality feel so hopefully it will prove durable too. Overall I'm glad I chose this one from all the alternatives I considered. A well made and value for money product delivered quickly too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but a little too easy to set the shutter lock., 26 Mar. 2015
For the money this works well in that it will take pictures, half press shutter release is recognised on an EM-1 and it allow you to manage bulb / long exposures.

My only irritation with is that it's almost too easy to activate the shutter lock when you press the button. When I release it I find that it's often in the lock mode. Otherwise it would be 4 stars. A fraction of the prrice as well than an Olympus original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, easy to use, 17 Aug. 2013
Rather than take them to be professionally reproduced, I have been photographing a collection of old black and white negatives, using a camera mounted on an arm attached to a tripod. Camera shake was a real problem - this little gadget fixed that, saving much time and troule

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 16 April 2014
Arrived so quickly, just put it in the USB cable point for my Olympus 510 and was perfect! half hold to focus, full hold to take. Amazing for the price. Good quality and does the job.

Using for a "do it yourself" photo booth at our wedding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality for the money, 17 May 2015
Initial impressions are good. The USB connector to the camera fits well, the cable is flexible and the release switch itself feels reasonably well made. The shutter button has a positive two stage "feel" for focus and shutter release.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value remote release., 24 Oct. 2014
I rarely use a remote release so wasn't inclined to pay Olympus prices for one. This one seems to have good reviews so I bought one and the few times I've used it it works fine. Very basic but with half-press and lock.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›