4.0 out of 5 stars Extreme conditions
Published on 4 Aug. 2011 by Spanish Pensionistas

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on 11 Jan. 2013 by Geoff Holt

4.0 out of 5 stars Extreme conditions, 4 Aug. 2011
Used for the final phase of an ascent of Kilimanjaro in pretty extreme conditions, this certainly kept the ferocious winds and icy cold from freezing my head. The only problem was that I found I couldn't wear this and full face, wrap around sunglasses (needed for the glare of sun on snow and ice) together as the resultant seal against the elements was so good that my breath steamed up my glasses, which then froze, rendering me effectively blind. The only solution seemed to be to roll the balaclava back under my chin to allow my breath to escape, which did, to some extent defeat the object of this otherwise absolutely brilliant, completely windproof (and therefore breathproof) piece of gear.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 11 Jan. 2013
Picture is a bit misleading. This is not a thick, warm balaclava, it is a very thin, tight fitting material that feels cold when first put on - it is certainly not "snuggly and warm". Yes, it blocks the wind but I have to wear another balaclava over the top of it to keep my head warm. Finally, I ordered the XL and it is still very tight - my head isn't that big so that only adds to the discomfort. I think it is a bit of a cheek to market this item as one of the best balaclavas for cold climates - I've got warmer ones I've got from the £1 shop

3.0 out of 5 stars No Good with Glasses, 22 Nov. 2013
because of the design it does not work at all with spectacles as they steam up instantly and do not clear in motion. Not particulary a problem with the product, which is great otherwise, but no good for those wearing glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 17 Jan. 2013
Robert J. Mcbride (UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent Product does what it says on the tin, the only problem I have is that it does it's job too well, If I have it over my nose and mouth when really cold I find it quite hard to breathe through the fabric

4.0 out of 5 stars very comfortable, 7 Jan. 2013
I gave this item 4 stars instead of 5 because i would of prefered a hole for your mouth otherwise very nice