5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know.
Published 13 months ago by Darren

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed
I have a fair amount of Berghaus kit already, so a pair of fleece gloves seemed like a good addition for the winter walk to the station. The gloves themselves are good: a snug fit around the wrist but with good finger articulation, well made for sure, and likely to last 2-3 winters I would guess.

The problem is that they aren't as warm as you might expect...
Published 23 months ago by Small Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know., 5 Nov 2013
Ignore the mixed reviews and here are the facts. These gloves are good quality and well made which is what you would expect from Berghaus; These gloves can handle drizzle but not rain, they dry fast when wet, they are warm in light breezes and on cold days, they are not good though for strong cold winds, as they are fleece and have no wind break protection, and the hand size is very accurate for these gloves unlike other brands. So if you are going out on cold, damp and light breezy Autumn/Winter days they are great! If however it is extremely cold or windy, or raining heavy then you will need a winter glove, with wind resistance, waterproofing and a thicker insulation, all in all a great glove but not for extreme winter weather. Hope this helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed, 22 Jan 2013
Small Scale "small_scale" (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Berghaus Mens Spectrum Warm Fleece Glove (Sports Apparel)

The problem is that they aren't as warm as you might expect them to be.

I know they're only a fleece glove and don't claim to offer any windstop, but even a light chilly breeze can felt through the material, meaning your gloved hands tend to head for your pockets. Perhaps I'm being too picky for a ten quid glove, but I had expected a little more from the brand. Sorry Berghaus, just being honest (!).

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as warm as you think!, 27 Feb 2014
There are a lot more reviews now than when I first purchased these gloves, however when I was looking the reviews made it out that you would be high fiving Sir Ranulph Fiennes at the top of Everest and being warmer than him in your amazing Berghaus gloves.

Let me say these gloves are very nice and comfortable and in a chilly day (not freezing) with not much wind will be just fine.

The problem I found was when it was bitterly cold, which it often is in an English winter, that my hands felt everything like I had no gloves on at all. The worst though was the wind, if the wind blew it was like you were wearing gloves with huge holes in them as it offered zero protection.

My only other gripe was you could clip the gloves together so you did not lose on of them, I thought this was extremely handy.... for the first week until the clip broke as it was incredibly flimsy.

I expected more from the Berghaus brand to be fair, but I guess being the price they are you can't expect too much.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Star performance but you can buy similar a lot cheaper., 10 Feb 2012
This review is from: Berghaus Mens Spectrum Warm Fleece Glove (Sports Apparel)
I recently bought a pair of the "thinsulate" material gloves from a local shop for £2.99p. OK he must have bought a job lot and was selling them off cheap, but in all honesty they were just as warm as the Berghaus fleece gloves and appear to be of similar quality. But not all is lost. Even though the Berghaus gloves cost me 3 times as much as the Thinsulate ones the label is the same as on my jacket !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super warm gloves,, 31 Dec 2010
L. W. Newton "lwn83" (Nottingham, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Lovely warm gloves these, just what the doctor ordered, extra long cuffs that tuck into coat sleeves making cold draughts a thing of the past, these gloves dry quickly when wet and have a clip so they can be clipped together when not in use.

Great quality item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Mens Spectrum Warm Fleece Glove, 26 Feb 2011
Very warm soft cosy gloves, as expected from Berghaus. Bought for a male but am likely to buy a smaller pair for myself next. Nice product.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK - not a warm as I thought, 20 Feb 2012
being a Berghaus product I thought these would be really really warm.....slightly dissapointed as my "thinsulate" gloves were much warmer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 1 Jan 2012
Stan "Mr Stanley" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
These gloves are warm as you would expect,although the fit and stitching inside make them quite uncomfortable.

I expected better for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disapointed, but..., 26 Jun 2013
Having read the reviews i ordered these a size bigger which was a bit of a mistake, they turned out to be a bit too big for me. Another bad thing was that they were not as warm as i thought, great with another pair on the inside but on their own they lack warmth! However I requested a return and they told me i could keep the gloves while they returned my money back, which was fine with me!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, kinda warm, fleece gloves., 3 Dec 2014
Well priced for value. I have large hands and the fingers are a little bulky but well lengthed the thumb however is way too big. I think if you were a carpenter and had broken your thumb with a hammer several times you'd probably find the thumb appropriate, however, for me they're a too baggy to actually have any kind of dexterity. Warmth seemed ok i guess, however not very snug.

Berghaus Mens Spectrum Warm Fleece Glove