5.0 out of 5 stars great hat!
Wasn't sure if the product description was going to disappoint. I am glad to say this hat is great! I feel the cold but the Berghaus cap cuts the cold and keeps you warm and dry. Excellent purchase, well worth every cent I paid for it and Amazon did not disappoint in timely delivery!
Published on 19 Sep 2011 by Jim

3.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus mountain cap
Tried this as part of the continuing search for a good winter hat.
With the ear flaps down, it's not particularly comfortable but does keep me reasonably warm and does keep the rain off my specks
Published 22 months ago by Mr. P. J. Meade

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great hat!, 19 Sep 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad Hatter, 3 Jan 2012
D. duggan - See all my reviews
Bought this for my wife who couldn't find a hat that was waterproof and stayed on her head whilst walking the dogs. This is just the job, all the quality that you expect from Berghaus and a really good fit. Won't win any fashion shows mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, 24 Nov 2012
T. Parry - See all my reviews
The hat arrived well-packaged and on time. I was a bit dubious about whether it would be warm enough for sub-zero temperatures but was reassured by earlier reviewers. It's comfortable to wear, lightweight and warm, and easy to stuff into your pocket. I felt the peak would also be useful to keep the sun out of my eyes when cold but sunny as you can push it up and down.

If you aren't sure what size to get, use a tailor's measuring tape around your head from forehead to crown, allow yourself an extra 1/4 inch and refer to the sizing guide. I ended up with XL and thought that doesn't sound right, but when it arrived the fit was perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for keeping warm on a cold day/night, 8 Feb 2012
A. J. Parkes "sekrapa" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Berghaus Unisex AQ2 Mountain Waterproof Cap (Apparel)
Sick of wollen hats that let the cold wind through the weave and water soaks in, this caught my eye as a replacement. It is made by Berghaus who provide quality outdoor get. It is waterproof, windproof and thermal lined. This arrived just in time for the cold snap and sudden snowfall. I left the car at home and decided to walk to my destination. The hat fits snugly on the head and has a pull cord at the back so that yo can tighten it up, no wind will move it. The ear flaps cover the ears well and the peak comes down to stop rain hitting the face. I was able to walk the mile to my destination and upon arrival, my heat was lovely and warm and hair bone dry. I did not feel the cold once on my head. It is lightweight and easily folds away into a tiny space. The only criticism I have is that it needs 2 catches on the cap so that the ear flaps can be held up out of the way when not needed. Great buy that will last years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy warm and dry, 22 April 2012
This hat is exactly what I have been looking for. I scrunches up into a pocket but is lovely and warm and comfy when on, its completely water proof when you don't want your hood up. When the rain is horrendous, its a great additional water proofing.

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE MOST GLAMOUROUS - BUT VERY GOOD, 7 Dec 2012
When you first put it on and look in the mirror you get a bit of a fright, especially after wearing a (soogy) beanie for so long. But, when it rains and you put the wired peak down to protect your face and eyes, what the h.... It really is waterproof and windproof, but not extra warm because it is not warm lined. But it certainly cuts down on the wind chill. I have a smallish head but the medium size suits me fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Class Hat, 29 Jan 2012
1st class item , top quality,as expected from Berghaus very good value for money and will last for years, thats for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars working outside., 8 Dec 2011
just brilliant fit was great keeps your head really warm and dry first class.I would totally recommend it thank you .

3.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus mountain cap, 11 Jan 2013
Tried this as part of the continuing search for a good winter hat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely warm hat, 5 Oct 2012
This review is from: Berghaus Unisex AQ2 Mountain Waterproof Cap (Apparel)
This hat is very lightweight - you almost forget you are wearing it. It is very warm even though it is very lightweight. As it is a snug fit & shaped to your head (due to the rear adjustment) I don't think I will ever lose it in the wind. The peak really keeps the rain out of your eyes. Overall, it is a great, practical, hat for winter. I use it when I am walking my dog or doing general outside jobs when I am at the stables.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›