4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised
This costume was quite cheap so I thought it would be poor quality. In fact although the material was obviously cheap the overall costume with the cap was really good. We bought it for a 40s party and it was brilliant!
Published on 25 April 2012 by Tuftyfluffytail

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
Published on 2 Mar 2012 by Rick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 2 Mar 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: British Home Guard Officer - Adult Fancy Dress Costume (Toy)
I admit this was a last minute decision and I was hoping for a hassle free, ready to put on costume. I wasn't expecting the mix and match clown suit that turned up! The terrible shirt and tie insert was in pieces when I opened the packet and so needed attention with needle and thread. Enormous trousers matched with tiny jacket (and I checked the labels and did apparently have the size ordered) made the costume uncomfortable and feel even more ridiculous than intended. That said, the hat and jacket are OK. I have had to find my own substitutes for half of the outfit and so have still spent nearly 3 hours sorting it out. Disappointed and will avoid this manufacturer in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 25 April 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars fanvy dress, 9 Oct 2012
It was fun to wear but I must stress it is only a fancy dress costume,I bought a size large and the jacket was about right but I could have fitted the whole street into the trousers.it was fun for a day

5.0 out of 5 stars 1940' dances are fun, 30 July 2013
The costume was comfortable to dance in, a good fit and didn't get too hot, but looked the part. It washed well and will be worn again !

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 25 Feb 2013
Good value for money as a fancy dress clothing so much so my partner won second prize ! whole outfit is comfortable to wear and easily adjustable

4.0 out of 5 stars resonably priced item., 17 Dec 2012
It was excellent for the one party I attended. It's reasonably priced. I would recommend it to anyone as long as 100% accuracy is not needed. Really good for the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed but still OK, 18 July 2014
Very cheaply made, but did the job well enough.
Negatives:
- Was far too large at waist and I had to get it tucked
- belt and braces are useless and I had to unpick them and remove as the belt fastening would not stay closed
- Would benefit from gaps to access pockets, as I was wearign it all day

Positives
- looks great
- stitching lasted ok and after a wash is still intact

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 July 2014
excellent value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Eventually!, 24 Jun 2014
Bought this for a dress up at work day! When it arrived I was unsure at first glance that it was suitable, I am not of normal stature so I had to tweak it a little, once I had made some minor adjustments it fitted perfectly and looked great! It was well recieved and got a lot of comments! I would say all in all good value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, quick delivery, perfect seller A++++, 17 Jun 2014
M. Phenis "Maz" (Llanbradach, South Wales) - See all my reviews
The outfit was perfect for a 40's themed party. It was well made, comfortable and because of the swift delivery, arrived on time for the event.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›